Calendar HondaSXS Club Ride Pioneers on the Paiute Sep. 21st-24th 2018... [Sep 21, 2018] (Marysvale, UT)

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Depending on attendance of certain machines P500 vs. P1K/P700 will determine which I take on group rides, if there is enough P500's I will take it, but I already know the P1K will be FAR more comfortable on these rocky trails.

TimG

TimG

OLD SKOOL
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Apr 11, 2018
Southern Indiana
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Talon R LV
The vast majority of trails have no official width limit, the steel bridges are only 72" wide so that should not be an issue.

For those that want to hit 50" trails they can just branch off take that route while bigger machines go around, the scenery is awesome everywhere. The wildlife viewing opportunities are better for the P500 trails but the wife and I ran into wildlife everywhere we went. The leaves will be turning in the mountains this time too, should be awesome photo opportunities.

About the trails, these are Nothing like at RRB most is dry desert like environment, replace the mud and ruts with rocks, lots and lots of bowling ball size rocks. These trails are overall very easy but descending switchbacks from 10,000 feet up with 600 foot dropoff can be as intimidating as it is breathtaking. Never in the 3 weeks the wife and I rode there ever come close to tipping over or feel unsafe on the trail system. Most familiar with RRB would consider 80% of these trails gravel roads, I will just put that up front. Most trails are not challenging in any way, there are bathrooms along the trails and marked on the maps too. (Women especially will appreciate that).
That sounds great. I'm doing this for the scenery:) My only concern now is very high narrow bridges :confused:

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
That sounds great. I'm doing this for the scenery:) My only concern now is very high narrow bridges :confused:
Bridges have 48" high welded sidewalls ZERO chance of falling off a bridge.

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
DSCF8065

Ok 48" high sides lol

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Reactions: TimG and BWAF
JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Bridges have 48" high welded sidewalls ZERO chance of falling off a bridge.

I would say these trails are safe for any experienced kid over 12yrs old even on ATVs. They are pretty safe overall.

Reactions: BWAF and TimG
TimG

TimG

OLD SKOOL
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Apr 11, 2018
Southern Indiana
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Talon R LV
I would say these trails are safe for any experienced kid over 12yrs old even on ATVs. They are pretty safe overall.
The trails and bridges look like they are very well maintained. I've never seen any that well groomed. I ordered the nat geo 708 map last night. I'm technically challenged though. I just traded my old flip phone for an iphone a couple months ago:D I guess I need to buy a GPS and learn how to use it.

100Acre

100Acre

Samsquinch the Terrible Magic Bean Manipulator
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 25, 2017
Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Everywhere I've taken my p5 out west (Over 1,000 P5 miles) has been very doable with my stock shocks and rims and 25" tires with no spacers. Much of the trails I've driven have been exceedingly rocky but it was never a problem. Only once did I flip over and only because of driver error turning around on a very narrow trail and being in a hurry. Now I know to make a many point turn as opposed to a few point turn and to take my time...

Last edited:
advertisement
Tigermark

Tigermark

Outside looking in.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
rockkyridgeresort.com 877-766-0654 I spoke with a real nice lady yesterday to confirm my reservation. She knew the owners of the other place and said they were great people but they have a much newer cabins. I would like to have stayed in the same campground as you guys but we just really wanted a full private bathroom:D This place is 3 blocks fro lizzie and charlies. They only have a few cabins so if anybody wants one I would act quick.
Reservations made! Wednesday 19th- Monday 24.

JCMINIS

JCMINIS

Dec 19, 2017
Canton nc
Ownership

1. 500
The misses and I are stoked ! Can not wait. Shes never been this far west, I went years ago but got off a plane, had a meeting, slept in hotel, got back on plane and flew home. Super excited to be riding out that way.

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
rockkyridgeresort.com 877-766-0654 I spoke with a real nice lady yesterday to confirm my reservation. She knew the owners of the other place and said they were great people but they have a much newer cabins. I would like to have stayed in the same campground as you guys but we just really wanted a full private bathroom:D This place is 3 blocks fro lizzie and charlies. They only have a few cabins so if anybody wants one I would act quick.

Thanks for that info, also just 5 miles up the Road is Big Rock Candy Mountain they offer a bit of everything and you ride right THROUGH this place on the trail system.
Home - candymountainresort.com

Big Rock Candy Mountain Resort is located on Historic Heritage Highway 89, in Sevier County, Utah, 5 miles north of Marysvale, UT. This is the perfect place to spend a day, a weekend, or your entire Utah Vacation. Choose from Cabins, Motel Inn Suites, RV Campground or Tent Camping. Numerous recreation activities in the area include Whitewater Rafting, Ropes Courses, Zipline, and of course, the Paiute ATV Trail. Easy access to State and National Parks like Zion National Park, Bryce Canyon, and Fremont Indian State Park.

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Going to call this ride officially;

Pioneers on the Paiute

This is "Tazz" the official trail system logo
Tazz Logo Small

Going to work on getting an official ride logo for stickers T shirts etc, Asked @Hondasxs to set up the ride registration thread so I can get a good headcount and number of machines by model.

Changing the title of this thread to the ride name.

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Good info on the area and trail history here, all started by two guys on Honda Big Red 3 wheelers and friends on Honda Fourtrax 300's today trail system exceeds 3000 miles.

paiutetrailorg

In The Begining...
The Paiute Trail
Almost 3,000 miles of trails that began with two men sitting on the tailgate of a pickup...
paiutetrailorg

28bcc2 b438d841e20142b0a4d5bb1bbaa627ee

Last edited:
100Acre

100Acre

Samsquinch the Terrible Magic Bean Manipulator
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 25, 2017
Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Good info on the area and trail history here, all started by two guys on Honda Big Red 3 wheelers and friends on Honda Fourtrax 300's today trail system exceeds 3000 miles.

paiutetrailorg

In The Begining...
The Paiute Trail
Almost 3,000 miles of trails that began with two men sitting on the tailgate of a pickup...
paiutetrailorg

View attachment 73879
Like this Dude?
IMG 0015

GRANITE

GRANITE

People Dying to come see me!
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 21, 2014
Brookville, Indiana
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 520
Just booked Sept. 20-25, cabin A at Lizzie and Charlies....I think this is my one chance of a lifetime trip to ride with several great people at one of the best scenic places in the world. I'm nervous, but very excited about this adventure!!!

advertisement