Multi How are you “social distancing” ??

Ultrasonic1

Ultrasonic1

Lifetime Member
Sep 1, 2018
Nomadic
Ownership

1. 1000-5
01D399DB 2321 48CA B9B9 55B568C1D08B

russknight

russknight

Lifetime Member
Apr 13, 2019
Perry Florida
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-3
"The CDC calculates that up to 575,000 people may have died from H1N1 in 2009. The WHO estimates that the seasonal flu kills up to 500,000 people each year."

Since December, when covid was first discovered, according to the WHO it has killed 18,433 people as of this post (out of 7.5 billion). This is a big nothing burger. I haven't a clue why Trump did what he did. Probably to protect himself from those who would have his head on a platter. Mark my words, this will fizzle out and go down in history as the biggest over reaction to the flu in history. The question is, why has everyone freaked out over this bug, and not H1N1 which has killed millions? Statistically speaking, you stand a much higher chance of being killed by the seasonal flu. And, children are apparently unaffected by covid.

The New England Journal of Medicine reports as follows:

"On the basis of a case definition requiring a diagnosis of pneumonia, the currently reported case fatality rate is approximately 2%. In another article in the Journal, Guan et al. report mortality of 1.4% among 1,099 patients with laboratory-confirmed Covid-19; these patients had a wide spectrum of disease severity. If one assumes that the number of asymptomatic or minimally symptomatic cases is several times as high as the number of reported cases, the case fatality rate may be considerably less than 1%. This suggests that the overall clinical consequences of Covid-19 may ultimately be more akin to those of a severe seasonal influenza (which has a case fatality rate of approximately 0.1%) or a pandemic influenza (similar to those in 1957 and 1968) rather than a disease similar to SARS or MERS, which have had case fatality rates of 9 to 10% and 36%, respectively."

So, freak out if you wish. I refuse to live in fear.

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
"The CDC calculates that up to 575,000 people may have died from H1N1 in 2009. The WHO estimates that the seasonal flu kills up to 500,000 people each year."

Since December, when covid was first discovered, according to the WHO it has killed 18,433 people as of this post (out of 7.5 billion). This is a big nothing burger. I haven't a clue why Trump did what he did. Probably to protect himself from those who would have his head on a platter. Mark my words, this will fizzle out and go down in history as the biggest over reaction to the flu in history. The question is, why has everyone freaked out over this bug, and not H1N1 which has killed millions? Statistically speaking, you stand a much higher chance of being killed by the seasonal flu. And, children are apparently unaffected by covid.

The New England Journal of Medicine reports as follows:

So, freak out if you wish. I refuse to live in fear.
Please don’t freak out, please don’t live in fear. Just follow the common sense guidelines supplied by the CDC, and be thankful that countries, states and cities have taken the broad and drastic steps that they have that in the end will hopefully prevent the realities that medical science warned us of if those drastic steps weren’t being taken.......

In fact, governor Cuomo said today that there’s signs that social distancing is working. That’s good news!!!

russknight

russknight

Lifetime Member
Apr 13, 2019
Perry Florida
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-3
Yes, let's be thankful the government crashed the entire economy for what? Nothing out of the ordinary, that's what. And regarding those scientific "realities," we'll never be able to prove the "drastic steps" prevented anything, now will we? Are we going to do this every time a new strain of the flu comes along? Over the same time period covid has been here, a condition like diarrhea kills around 550,000, according to the World Health Organization – something that could easily be remedied in virtually every case. So far, 696 people have died from covid in the US. So, yeah let's shut the whole nation down on a guess with virtually no real evidence to back it up. 696 people. More people have died in car crashes.

100Acre

100Acre

Samsquinch the Terrible Magic Bean Manipulator
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 25, 2017
Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I have found my own way to create social distancing. I just talk about doomsday all the time and eat lots of canned refried beans.That seems to do the trick just fine....

L

LarryAmboy

May 14, 2017
Castalian Springs, Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-5
my 2 little grandkids are in isolation right now because of people with your attitude.you try and make me feel bad?not a chance.keep your head buried in the sand if you wish.i'll keep my distance and stay alive.i have a lot more respect for other people than you.not a crisis? tell that to Italy.or is that fake news too?

In this country How many people a day die in automobiles? Do you let your grandchildren fine in automobiles?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Yes, let's be thankful the government crashed the entire economy for what? Nothing out of the ordinary, that's what. And regarding those scientific "realities," we'll never be able to prove the "drastic steps" prevented anything, now will we? Are we going to do this every time a new strain of the flu comes along? Over the same time period covid has been here, a condition like diarrhea kills around 550,000, according to the World Health Organization – something that could easily be remedied in virtually every case. So far, 696 people have died from covid in the US. So, yeah let's shut the whole nation down on a guess with virtually no real evidence to back it up. 696 people. More people have died in car crashes.
True you’ll never know either way, but we’re going to go with the experts in the field, the professionals advising the politicians that have to make the tough decisions.

Reactions: Mudwing
Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
True you’ll never know either way, but we’re going to go with the experts in the field, the professionals advising the politicians that have to make the tough decisions.
You left the media influence out and being an election year, what do you think a politician to do?

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
You left the media influence out and being an election year, what do you think a politician to do?
I don’t believe that mayors, governors or the president are doing things based upon the media. I don’t know why you would think the media is capable of influencing Trump to do anything.

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
I don’t believe that mayors, governors or the president are doing things based upon the media. I don’t know why you would think the media is capable of influencing Trump to do anything.
I do! Trump isn't a politician, he's an enigma! HA!

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Lol, he became one

100Acre

100Acre

Samsquinch the Terrible Magic Bean Manipulator
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 25, 2017
Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
"We get a bunch of cops in the gun shop and APD, Woodfin PD and the Sheriff's Dept all said they're not going to enfor'ce the "quarantine" unless it like a big gathering at a church that refuses to listen. Plus it's unconstitutional to shut down every "non essential store" and we provide home defense.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!