E

elkguide

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Mar 14, 2017
Vermont
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Just spent the last 8 1/2 hours plowing snow and/or fixing a broken synthetic winch cable. It has gotten all the way up to -1* right now with a windchill of only - 22*. Definitely much better than first thing this morning. I began to question being out there when my winch cable broke while lifting my plow and when I got back inside my unheated shop, to at least get out of the wind, I found that the broken end of the cable had already frozen to the rest of the wrap so much that I had to hold a hair dryer on it for 20 minutes to get it to free up so I could fix it.

Even through all that weather, the Pioneer was amazing. Although, for some reason, when you get into a huge snow drift and as you are shoveling yourself out because you can't move, you find that your rig is so high centered that you have 6" of snow under each tire, it just doesn't get traction!!!!

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
It’s Been this cold all day! Most Definitely need doors
99D78F8D 5399 478B 80C6 AAF12C43B510

E

elkguide

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Mar 14, 2017
Vermont
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Got all the way up to -1* here yesterday and today we're supposed to have a real heat wave and get up to +9*!

I still need doors!

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
That’s s long day of plowing! I think you need some doors lol. If you get a chance pull that access door in the floorboard up against the center passenger kick panel. It’ll let in massive heat. Even without doors it’ll help some especially for low speed plowing

cwalton

cwalton

Who has more fun!
Lifetime Member
Mar 21, 2016
West Virginia
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
That’s s long day of plowing! I think you need some doors lol. If you get a chance pull that access door in the floorboard up against the center passenger kick panel. It’ll let in massive heat. Even without doors it’ll help some especially for low speed plowing
I agree with @CumminsPusher, it really works after the buggy gets warm!!

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
I agree with @CumminsPusher, it really works after the buggy gets warm!!
It worked so well I plan on hinging that door and using a choke cable to open it. Probably use a 6in computer type fan to help a little more consistency

Reactions: elkguide
E

elkguide

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Mar 14, 2017
Vermont
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Definitely have to try opening that door. The "heat shield" seat protector went away fast already.

The only issue that I had yesterday was if I shut my rig off for much time at all, (when I had to shovel it out) the power steering would freeze up at those nasty temps. Once I had her running again the steering came back quite quickly fortunately as there is no way that I could have spent that many hours and done that much turning without power steering.

Reactions: CumminsPusher
Farmer

Farmer

🚜🔨🚛🔧
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Aug 22, 2014
Southern MO
Ownership

1. 700-2
Wow that's a lot of plowing with a little machine. If that was all I had for a plow I'd be rigging up some kind of doors or cab. Sometimes Craigslist has old snowplows for sale that come with a beater truck attached. Wrong time to find a deal though.

E

elkguide

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Mar 14, 2017
Vermont
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Wow that's a lot of plowing with a little machine. If that was all I had for a plow I'd be rigging up some kind of doors or cab. Sometimes Craigslist has old snowplows for sale that come with a beater truck attached. Wrong time to find a deal though.

I have an International 856, (100 HP tractor,) with an 8' bucket but I hadn't switched it over to winter fuel so it wouldn't start when the high temp was -1*. Started just fine yesterday when it was +28* and I needed to push the banks back so that when it snows again, I'll have some place that my Pioneer can push the snow.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
I have an International 856, (100 HP tractor,) with an 8' bucket but I hadn't switched it over to winter fuel so it wouldn't start when the high temp was -1*. Started just fine yesterday when it was +28* and I needed to push the banks back so that when it snows again, I'll have some place that my Pioneer can push the snow.
How long is your driveway?

Farmer

Farmer

🚜🔨🚛🔧
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Aug 22, 2014
Southern MO
Ownership

1. 700-2

Have you tried Power Service's Diesel 911 for gelled equipment? You pour it into the tank and fuel filter for gelled up engines.(red bottle)

Power Service Diesel 911 Fuel Additive

They also have the regular supplement and cetane booster for daily use.(white bottle)

Power Service Diesel Fuel Supplement + Cetane Boost

sporttrac4x4

sporttrac4x4

Lifetime Member
Jan 7, 2016
ILL.
Ownership

1. Other Brand
You need a heat gun instead of a hair dryer but be careful you can melt things. I like a hot mocha after snow plowing.

BeerMonkey

BeerMonkey

Mar 29, 2017
Mid TN
in response to your thread title. new years eve weekend 17'-18' we rode at brimstone and the high during the day was in the single digits. you couldnt open a beer or make a liquor drink before whatever had carbonation in it froze...That was when we knew it was too cold.

Mopower58

Mopower58

No reservations about no reservations
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Aug 10, 2017
Crystal Springs,Ms.
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Being from the south and liking warm weather I would just move! :D

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!