Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Mine, plus my Mothers', plus two neighbors, my sons' and my sisters', well let's say that I put on 9 miles plowing that day.
Damn that’s impressive

E

elkguide

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Mar 14, 2017
Vermont
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Have you tried Power Service's Diesel 911 for gelled equipment? You pour it into the tank and fuel filter for gelled up engines.(red bottle)

Power Service Diesel 911 Fuel Additive

They also have the regular supplement and cetane booster for daily use.(white bottle)

Power Service Diesel Fuel Supplement + Cetane Boost

Use white bottle regularly. Red bottle didn't have any effect!!!!! First time ever had that result. My 2016 GMC Denali DuraMax wouldn't start either. Just had my tank in the yard filled with Canadian fuel this morning. Supposed to be good down to - 51*! Summer fuel in tank was out of Albany, NY and was supposed to be good down to -10* but sure didn't seem to be that. Though since with windchill it was supposed to be in the -50* range that might have been part of the issue.

Reactions: Farmer
E

elkguide

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Mar 14, 2017
Vermont
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Damn that’s impressive

Really do like my Pioneer. Even as much as I "NEED" doors, with just the half doors and a windshield and back glass, it's a lot better than on that open tractor.

Reactions: CumminsPusher
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Use white bottle regularly. Red bottle didn't have any effect!!!!! First time ever had that result. My 2016 GMC Denali DuraMax wouldn't start either. Just had my tank in the yard filled with Canadian fuel this morning. Supposed to be good down to - 51*! Summer fuel in tank was out of Albany, NY and was supposed to be good down to -10* but sure didn't seem to be that. Though since with windchill it was supposed to be in the -50* range that might have been part of the issue.
Windchill doesn’t effect machinery. Its still at actual temp. The only thing it can effect is it’s harder to heat back up because it tries to cool back to ambient quicker

Last edited:
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Those 9 miles were a lot of back and forth since drifts over 2' tend to go right over the top of the plow and it's back a forth again!
That’s a lot. Sounds like she works hard for you! Any idea how many miles you’ve done just plowing?

E

elkguide

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Mar 14, 2017
Vermont
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Windchill doesn’t effect machinery. Its still at actual temp. The only thing it can effect is it’s harder to heat back up because it tries to cool back to ambient quicker

When my poor truck is sitting outside with a 35 - 50 mph wind blowing @ -25*, that's the times when I've had fuel gel. The tractor is under cover but the wind still blows right straight through and that's when I have issues with it if I haven't cut my fuel. This was totally my fault since I went to Idaho hunting last fall for a month and came back home way behind at work and forgot to have my tank filled with winter blend fuel, so I had to pay the price.

E

elkguide

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Mar 14, 2017
Vermont
Ownership

1. 1000-3
That’s a lot. Sounds like she works hard for you! Any idea how many miles you’ve done just plowing?

Can't say for sure but since I have just about 1000 miles on my rig, I'd bet that 150 are from plowing snow.

Mopower58

Mopower58

CST is the Best!
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Aug 10, 2017
Crystal Springs,Ms.
Ownership

1. 1000-3
When I had my diesel shop most all of my customers used the Diesel Kleene in the silver bottle for lubrication and cetane boost. My son still uses it in his diesel pickup and we use it in both diesel tractors. If it is cold enough for anti-gel,it's too cold for a human to be out in it :D

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
When I had my diesel shop most all of my customers used the Diesel Kleene in the silver bottle for lubrication and cetane boost. My son still uses it in his diesel pickup and we use it in both diesel tractors. If it is cold enough for anti-gel,it's too cold for a human to be out in it :D
Never had any problems with our diesels not starting and we’ve been -20 but I think our fuel switches over in September. Have actually started before with pre anti gel fuel in cold temps too though. Never plug anything in, 12v doesn’t seem real particular about that, never had one not fire right up.
I run a little Diesel Kleen always myself as well. Won’t run anything but the silver.
E0F4733C 1F1D 40DD BE07 F3BDADF93A83

advertisement
E

elkguide

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Mar 14, 2017
Vermont
Ownership

1. 1000-3

That's just my "subhuman" side shining through!!!!!

E

elkguide

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Mar 14, 2017
Vermont
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Owning a Pioneer with a Plow, is like owning a pickup truck. Everybody wants you to help them move or plow their driveway. All right, more seat time in the P1K.

More seat time in the Pioneer is exactly right.
If it wasn't just so much fun, I'd stop doing it!

Supposed to get 3" today and 6" more on Tuesday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :):):)

Reactions: Dasmoeturhead
alloutdoors

alloutdoors

Jan 21, 2018
US
Ownership

1. 500

2. 700-4

3. Do not currently own
Just spent the last 8 1/2 hours plowing snow and/or fixing a broken synthetic winch cable. It has gotten all the way up to -1* right now with a windchill of only - 22*. Definitely much better than first thing this morning. I began to question being out there when my winch cable broke while lifting my plow and when I got back inside my unheated shop, to at least get out of the wind, I found that the broken end of the cable had already frozen to the rest of the wrap so much that I had to hold a hair dryer on it for 20 minutes to get it to free up so I could fix it. Even through all that weather, the Pioneer was amazing. Although, for some reason, when you get into a huge snow drift and as you are shoveling yourself out because you can't move, you find that your rig is so high centered that you have 6" of snow under each tire, it just doesn't get traction!!!!

One thing you might consider is to spend time cleaning the snow out from underneath the unit, especially if this unit is going to be in a unheated garage. Snow under the unit and pushed all up under various component can cause some serious damage when it all freezes solid tonight, rendering you helpless. Personally, I would put a kerosene heater or something similar on the unit and get it dried out and all the snow out of it before letting unwanted moisture freezes...

Chriscoe

Chriscoe

Jun 4, 2018
Seagrove, NC
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Supposed to get around 15 here in NC this week. That’s going to be rough.

tjoreo

tjoreo

Lifetime Member
Feb 18, 2015
Southern Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I just helped a buddy of mine install the Honda soft doors on his new rig and what a great improvement. Someone had some info on here and talked about the newer version, so if you do install some, make sure to get the upgraded version. They actually seal pretty well, and make a single digit day actually very enjoyable.

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

Reactions: elkguide
E

elkguide

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Mar 14, 2017
Vermont
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I just helped a buddy of mine install the Honda soft doors on his new rig and what a great improvement. Someone had some info on here and talked about the newer version, so if you do install some, make sure to get the upgraded version. They actually seal pretty well, and make a single digit day actually very enjoyable.

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

Been trying to pull the trigger on a pair but keep telling myself that I'm going to trade my rig for a new model and thusly haven't pulled the trigger. BUT with it being +9* this morning with 4" of new snow and 8" more coming Tuesday night...……….

E

elkguide

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Mar 14, 2017
Vermont
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Can anyone tell me what it feels like when the temps get above freezing?

R

Rudykatoodie

Dec 19, 2018
Canada
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Bunch of pussies! That’s suntanning weather up here!!

Reactions: elkguide
advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!