HBarlow

HBarlow

Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2020
Daniels, WV
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Talon X
With my tire inflation pressure, that is.

I recently installed a set of four Tensor Regulator size 28x10x14 on Pioneer 1000 LE wheels. The tires are DOT approved 8 ply rated and pretty stiff. The P1K3 rides, drives, and handles well with the tires on dry pavement but it seems a little skittish on smooth wet blacktop.

Tire inflation pressure is around 21 psi and the tread surface looks flat to the naked eye but I'm not sure I have full tread contact with the road surface.

I'd like to try a little lower inflation pressure but don't want to risk a sudden deflation in a curve at 45 mph due to a tire bead losing it's seal on the rim. I don't do any trail riding or rock climbing so no worry about a rock breaking the bead seal.

These tires are probably molded with a hard rubber compound and never going to have the wet pavement grip of Michelins or other high quality highway tires so lower inflation pressure may not help.

What do the experienced owners recommend for inflation pressure?

IMG 1948 IMG 1949 IMG 1951 IMG 1952 IMG 1953

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
With my tire inflation pressure, that is.

I recently installed a set of four Tensor Regulator size 28x10x14 on Pioneer 1000 LE wheels. The tires are DOT approved 8 ply rated and pretty stiff. The P1K3 rides, drives, and handles well with the tires on dry pavement but it seems a little skittish on smooth wet blacktop.

Tire inflation pressure is around 21 psi and the tread surface looks flat to the naked eye but I'm not sure I have full tread contact with the road surface.

I'd like to try a little lower inflation pressure but don't want to risk a sudden deflation in a curve at 45 mph due to a tire bead losing it's seal on the rim. I don't do any trail riding or rock climbing so no worry about a rock breaking the bead seal.

These tires are probably molded with a hard rubber compound and never going to have the wet pavement grip of Michelins or other high quality highway tires so lower inflation pressure may not help.

What do the experienced owners recommend for inflation pressure?

View attachment 286759 View attachment 286760 View attachment 286761 View attachment 286762 View attachment 286763
I really don't know how to respond, I run 8 to 10 PSI, this is a off road machine.

HBarlow

HBarlow

Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2020
Daniels, WV
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Talon X
Thanks for the great and prompt responses. Are the recommendations based on experience with similar tires?

Reactions: Lady01 and JenElio
CID

CID

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 27, 2019
SE Denver-ish
Ownership

1. Talon R
The Tensor site shows load range at 14 lbs for all sizes. (under Additional Information) So you're inflated to 150%.

Last edited:
HBarlow

HBarlow

Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2020
Daniels, WV
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Talon X
Thanks much, CID and sporttrack. I wasn't smart enough to look at the Tensor tire data.

You're correct. "28x10R14 | 1323 lbs. @ 14psi | 37 lbs." I had no idea the tires are rated down at only 14 psi by the manufacturer.

I'll try reducing pressure to 18 and drive it again on wet pavement.

The more I learn about the Tensor tires the better I like them. I bought them because several members here recommended them but I figured they were just another mediocre Asian tire. Apparently they're much better tires than I thought.

HBarlow

HBarlow

Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2020
Daniels, WV
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Talon X
I suspect you meant this one for a different thread.
No, in post #4 in this thread "smitty" commented about Dr. Fauci. I have never figured out how to use that software feature that pops up a "multi-quote screen. That's what happened when I tired to quote and reply to smitty.

HBarlow

HBarlow

Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2020
Daniels, WV
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Talon X
Okay, tire pressures are at 18 psi. I'll try that for a few days and see if grip is better.

I think I had less than full width of the tire tread in contact with the pavement at 21 psi.

CID

CID

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 27, 2019
SE Denver-ish
Ownership

1. Talon R
No, in post #4 in this thread "smitty" commented about Dr. Fauci. I have never figured out how to use that software feature that pops up a "multi-quote screen. That's what happened when I tired to quote and reply to smitty.
To quote one pervert, hit Reply in the lower right of his post (on my desktop). To quote several perverts, hit + Quote under each pervert's post and then scroll down and hit Insert Quotes in the bottom left of each page.

PS - I wouldn't inflate a tire above the MAX pressure stated on the sidewall.

NTCPrezJB

NTCPrezJB

President of #NTC
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 30, 2018
Canton, OH
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Lol. Missed that post.

HBarlow

HBarlow

Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2020
Daniels, WV
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Talon X
To quote one pervert, hit Reply in the lower right of his post (on my desktop). To quote several perverts, hit + Quote under each pervert's post and then scroll down and hit Insert Quotes in the bottom left of each page.

PS - I wouldn't inflate a tire above the MAX pressure stated on the sidewall.
Thanks. I followed your instructions and quoted the post as I wanted.

I can't read the max inflation pressure molded in my tire sidewalls. Do you know max inflation for Tensors?

CID

CID

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 27, 2019
SE Denver-ish
Ownership

1. Talon R
Thanks. I followed your instructions and quoted the post as I wanted.

I can't read the max inflation pressure molded in my tire sidewalls. Do you know max inflation for Tensors?
I looked for max inflation on their site and couldn't find it either. Can anyone with Tensors help us out here?

Reactions: Rick53 and Lady01
HBarlow

HBarlow

Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2020
Daniels, WV
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Talon X
Perhaps max inflation is 37 psi?

I quoted this spec from the Tensor tire site earlier and wondered what the 37 psi meant.

"28x10R14 | 1323 lbs. @ 14psi | 37 lbs"

Reactions: Lady01

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!