P1000 How often do you get flats

bumperm

bumperm

May 7, 2021
Gardnerville, NV
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Plug kit and exterior sidewall patch kit. With the sidewall patch kit, it's gotta cure, so you'll have to cool your heels or introspectively reflect on your belly button for half an hour before hitting the trail again.

Robobrainiac

Robobrainiac

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2020
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I carry a plug kit, a sidewall slug from the club store, a 12v cigarette plug compressor, small bottle of slime, a lighter, a can of brake cleaner, and a complete spare. I haven't had to use any of them yet on the pioneer. I keep all the items except for the spare in a backpack that comes along on any ride, 4 wheeler or pioneer. I have had a few beads pop off on the 4 wheelers that were all fixed using just the compressor. I had 1 flat on a 4 wheeler from the trail caused by a nail that was fixed on the trail using a plug then redone after getting home with a proper patch plug combo.

D

DDDonkey

I carry a plug kit and spare at camp. It I am going in a “long” ride and there is room I will carry a spare. I have had one side wall puncture, but I also run 8 or 10 ply tires on my rigs.

K

Kelldog

Dec 2, 2020
Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-3
What kits are you carrying. Seems like amazon stuff would be in the cheap side. Emergencies to me not worth cheap. Looking at NAPA. CO2 cartrige better than 12 v compressor? Space is a premium also

sporttrac4x4

sporttrac4x4

Lifetime Member
Jan 7, 2016
ILL.
Ownership

1. Other Brand
E

Ericthered

Eric The Red
Lifetime Member
Nov 6, 2017
Sparks, NV
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Factory tires on my 2017 1000-3. Have had a flat from stick in tread and one sidewall completely cut open by a bush. Both times I was off-trail, as none existed where I was going. Bought a set of same tires (4) and still running them. Made a rack for the spare and have had to get the use of it twice so far. Have 660 miles of desert trails and hills here in Northern Nevada. On a side note, I had the lower reverse installed. It does make a difference backing up hills. Worth every penny. Will probably save my clutch pack, so its a wash financially but a help on the trail. No break-downs to date. Change the oil and filters and run it.

advertisement
R

rickoshea

i carry a plug kit and a viair compresser.i also put tireject in all 4 and so far no flats.i did have to pump up my right rear once from 5 psi so i guess the tireject did it's thing.i do need to get a sidewall slug tho'.

H

hibbert

Nov 9, 2020
CR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I have flatout in my stock tyres, run 95% forest trails, not had a flat in 3000km.

Also carry compressor, tyre repair kit and sidewall slug

P1K5Dave

P1K5Dave

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jul 11, 2020
Petoskey, MI
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Those are pretty cool. Not cheap, but very nice.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!