BOX1

P1000 How to get a good deal when dealers don't seem to want haggle?

bigshoe

bigshoe

Aug 17, 2020
Ownership

1. 1000-5
If your close to w.v morgantown power sports will do what it takes to sell. My dads p5 bought 3 weeks ago was 8200 plus tax, 500 rebate and no shipping bs Brothers p10005 16800 plus tax in July. there service department sucks but sales is awesome they just want to sell.

Reactions: ODAMO
bigshoe

bigshoe

Aug 17, 2020
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Any dealer that charges over msrp does not deserve anyone's business. i would never go back there again not for a 10 cent o ring, " unless I wanted to go ride that weekend"

Reactions: JSDAVIS
T

ToothDK87

Sep 16, 2020
MS
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
I’ve called dealers in my area and there’s about a 2600 difference in price for a 1000-5 deluxe. But no one has them in stock so they must be selling

Reactions: Mopower58
O

Oegbert

Oct 14, 2019
Arizona
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I bought my 2018 1000-5 deluxe from Jason at Western Powersports there in Scottsdale also at the beginning of 2019. Luckily at that time they had purchased a bunch of them so they had a bunch of inventory. So I was able to get a smoking deal on the prior years model.

We have some great aftermarket parts places here in the valley also. I got my spare tire rack at Brick City Fab which is right here in Mesa and RB3 is here in Tempe.

Reactions: ScottfromIN
L

Lloydtheredneck

Sep 14, 2020
Minnesota
Ownership

1. 1000-5
i bought a 1000-5 deluxe in april out the door for 16k. i had to drive 6 hours one way to get that deal and they were not interested in haggling at all. anything close to me was 4k more or they just said we dont have any we dont want to sell any. i called my local dealer to have them do the 20hr service checking the valves and they said oh we dont do that. what? they say well we dont see any with valve issues. noted. never buy any parts or have any service done. i wound up buying the shop manual and did it myself. it will never see the dealership unless its something where i need to plug a computer in.

A

Average_Joe

Aug 19, 2016
Gainesville, Fl
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Other Brand
My experience with Ridenow is go in person to confirm they have what you are looking for. I wanted a 4 seat can-am X3 was going to trade in my p1000-5. Their website showed two a red and a white one I went to their dealer we (me and the salesman) walked all over looking for these units after 30 minutes in the Florida sun I got the bulls*** we just sold the last one this morning. Then tried to sell me a $35,000 one decked out. Also Ridenow here anyways does not let you browse the salesman sticks to you like glue i hate that you cant get out of your vehicle before a salesman is all over you.

T

ToothDK87

Sep 16, 2020
MS
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
My question is why the big discrepancy in price? One guy told me that they charge a flat $800 over invoice and it was gonna cost $18,600 before taxes. I informed him that another dealer 2 hours away quoted me $16,000 but said they may be more he wouldn’t know until they actually came in. Not surprisingly the first dealer had several in stock but wasn’t willing to negotiate at all.

T

ToothDK87

Sep 16, 2020
MS
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
So update: an out of state dealer told me that he would do a 21 1000-5 deluxe with Honda windshield and roof out the door for $17,200, no tax no dealer fees anything. That’s quite a bit lower than anywhere I’ve been quoted. I plan to insure the vehicle and he said it wouldn’t matter just having the MSO. Can anyone verify this? Am I gonna get pinged at some point for not paying the sales tax?

Vikes79

Vikes79

SKOL!
Lifetime Member
Jul 18, 2018
South Dakota
Ownership

1. 1000-5
So update: an out of state dealer told me that he would do a 21 1000-5 deluxe with Honda windshield and roof out the door for $17,200, no tax no dealer fees anything. That’s quite a bit lower than anywhere I’ve been quoted. I plan to insure the vehicle and he said it wouldn’t matter just having the MSO. Can anyone verify this? Am I gonna get pinged at some point for not paying the sales tax?

the same thing happens in SD when you buy farm equipment across the border.

Dealer ships within driving distance of the state border get a bit extra scrutiny.

After the audit they hit up the county treasurer to see if the farmer paid the required sales taxes.

Personally I wouldn’t chance it but that’s me.

L

Lloydtheredneck

Sep 14, 2020
Minnesota
Ownership

1. 1000-5
thats what i did . bought in sd try to not pay the tax
however if i decide to register it i will be paying sales tax in my home state

Reactions: Vikes79 and TripleB
T

ToothDK87

Sep 16, 2020
MS
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Yeah I plan to keep mine at a farm/deer lease a few hours away so I will need to insure it from the purchase date. After speaking with the insurance co, it’s got to be titled to file a claim. To title it, gotta pay that sales tax so it sounds like no matter in or out of state I’ll need to pay the sales tax in my home state.

Vikes79

Vikes79

SKOL!
Lifetime Member
Jul 18, 2018
South Dakota
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Yeah I plan to keep mine at a farm/deer lease a few hours away so I will need to insure it from the purchase date. After speaking with the insurance co, it’s got to be titled to file a claim. To title it, gotta pay that sales tax so it sounds like no matter in or out of state I’ll need to pay the sales tax in my home state.

Not sure how your state is but having licensed does have some advantages if you ever go on rides and the such.

Mopower58

Mopower58

No reservations about no reservations
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Aug 10, 2017
Crystal Springs,Ms.
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I’ve called dealers in my area and there’s about a 2600 difference in price for a 1000-5 deluxe. But no one has them in stock so they must be selling
I assume you are from Mississippi, did you call Brookhaven Honda?

Reactions: ToothDK87
T

ToothDK87

Sep 16, 2020
MS
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Yes. Brookhaven was close, but Laurel Honda beat their OTD price by about $300.

A

AZdonW

Sep 6, 2020
Arizona
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
If it's like Arizona, they get you when you register it.

Reactions: ToothDK87
T

ToothDK87

Sep 16, 2020
MS
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Halls in Mobile was also very close but the salesman I spoke to told me that there were no titles for SXS, no state tax, and I didn’t need a title to insure. So...I’m going with Laurel. They have been the most upfront, honest and actually cheapest.

R

rickoshea

i just saw an ad from the dealer i got mine from new with 3 kilometers on it ,same year , used, 3000 kms for $1500 more than what i got mine for new.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mudwing
JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Hi all. First post here, and I'm hoping to join the owners' club soon. But I'm not getting anywhere in dealing with the dealers in the Phoenix area (live in Mesa, AZ). I've filled out forms for two dealers from their websites. One, RideNow in Chandler responded and we went back and forth with maybe two emails, but when I tried to get them pinned down on an "out the door" price, the salesman stopped responding. The other one, Western Honda Scottsdale, which I've heard good things about, never replied to my form I filled out. In this day and age, will I really have to go down there and spend four hours haggling? It just seems that the dealers are willing to come down $500 at most and then tack on $850 destination and some doc fee. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
I know this will sound crazy, but you can drive to Ramey Powersports in Purvis Mississippi and get one out the door for $4-$5 K less than Ride Now in AZ. Even with the drive you will be about $3000 less.

amgdriver

amgdriver

Oct 4, 2020
Amelia Island Florida
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I just bought mine Friday. 2020 leftover 1000-5 camo no acc. 18750 total out door including everything. I called e mailed at least 30 dealers. Supposedly some special deal ended 9-30. Dealer had a good many 2020s. Huge thumbs to cycles of Jax for a ckean hassle free transaction. no games no BS. A big FU to the other N fla dealers who either did mot return my communication or tried to scam me with supply/demand crap. Qoutes as high as 23999 plus tax and prob fees fir the exact same unit. Same to the jerks trying to push units loaded up with overpriced cheap accessories to inflate the prices into the stratosphere. I fought this battle for 2 weeks figuring that the small local type places wouod he cheaper than the big city dealers. Not the case in Fla. Say that u have cash in hand ready to buy today and look for 2020/2019 leftovers demos. mine had 5 miles. Get as many prices as you have time to chase. Good hunting

tdhanses

tdhanses

Lifetime Member
Nov 17, 2020
Kansas
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Bought mine today $17,466 otd and they gave me $400 more for my trade then the first dealer I was working with. Small dealer and they only had the one, the other dealer I was working with was a high volume dealer in Springfield, MO, they had 18 deluxe 1000-5’s in stock for $17,098 not including tax.

Last edited:
Reactions: BBB and Smitty335
BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!