P1000 How to get wrench on castle nut?

MikeyXX

MikeyXX

Lifetime Member
Nov 17, 2019
Oro-Medonte, Ontario, Can
Ownership

1. 1000-5
The front lower ball joint. I can't get a wrench in there to tighten that nut. Spinning ball isn't an issue, just can't get a socket, or wrench over the nut due to the walls.

Reactions: Lady01 and TxDoc
advertisement
JenElio

JenElio

NTC's NoMo Chupacabra Caliente!!....
Lifetime Member
Oct 31, 2019
Loxahatchee, florida
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
The front lower ball joint. I can't get a wrench in there to tighten that nut. Spinning ball isn't an issue, just can't get a socket, or wrench over the nut due to the walls.
Should be able to use a open end wrench no problem. Remove the tie rod for better access

Reactions: Homer and Lady01
JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Remove the wheel
Remove the hub
Take out bottom shock bolt
Take out lower arm mount bolts
Lift lower arm up and out until axle end retracts through wheel bearing.
Spin lower arm 180 degrees, Remove lower ball joint castle nut with regular socket.

20210730 172543

Note that lower ball joint is super tight, recommend at least a 12 ton hydraulic press to remove it. Just replaced all of mine last week.

20210729 172022

JenElio

JenElio

Lifetime Member
Oct 31, 2019
Loxahatchee, florida
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
I know this is an incredibly late reply but thanks. Now my problem is that the ball joint is just spinning when I'm trying to tighten it up. Any suggestions for that?
Damn bro 🤔.....you been fighting that ball joint for 2 years?????

JenElio

JenElio

Lifetime Member
Oct 31, 2019
Loxahatchee, florida
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
I know this is an incredibly late reply but thanks. Now my problem is that the ball joint is just spinning when I'm trying to tighten it up. Any suggestions for that?
What's spinning, the threaded end when you tighten the nut or the actual ball joint spins in the arm? Cause........😬

POIDH!!

Reactions: TimG and Smitty335

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!