sugarray

sugarray

Is this a game show?
Lifetime Member
Feb 17, 2016
WV
Ownership

1. 1000-5
So, i have been thinking and I would like to change my set up a little. I'd like to have a switch to turn on that will then let the power from the 2nd battery run my accessories. I don't want to activate it via turning the key on.

Is there a way to do this?

Will you be detailed in your explanation?

Thanks!

Reactions: sharp
Dragon21

Dragon21

In my defense, I was left unsupervised
Lifetime Member
Sep 23, 2013
Raleigh, NC
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
P1000 - Help!! Wiring switch panel and voltmeters

That thread should help.

In a nutshell. You can run a DPDT switch with power coming from a keyed source and from the 2nd battery to the switch. And the output from that switch going to a solenoid that is located upstream of the fuse panel for your second battery. That way you can use the switch to run off of keyed power, or you can use it with the machine off.

When you apply power to the solenoid it will complete the circuit allowing you to use the accessories.

J

JTW

I used an Amazon stinger solenoid between the second battery and the fuse/relay box. It just runs to a regular 5 pin switch I turn off and on when I need accessory power and don't what the key on.

I use the Honda accessory power to run the light on just the master second battery switch and the stock battery voltmeter.

IMG 2631 IMG 3010 IMG 3011

Reactions: DerekC and sharp
DerekC

DerekC

May 19, 2017
Little Rock, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Where are you guys buying you're voltmeter? I didn't see one on OTRATTW

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dragon21

Dragon21

Lifetime Member
Sep 23, 2013
Raleigh, NC
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
DerekC

DerekC

May 19, 2017
Little Rock, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Lol! A poorly worded question deserves that answer. HA!

Dragon21

Dragon21

Lifetime Member
Sep 23, 2013
Raleigh, NC
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Reactions: JTW
DerekC

DerekC

May 19, 2017
Little Rock, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I used an Amazon stinger solenoid between the second battery and the fuse/relay box. It just runs to a regular 5 pin switch I turn off and on when I need accessory power and don't what the key on.

I use the Honda accessory power to run the light on just the master second battery switch and the stock battery voltmeter.

View attachment 46354 View attachment 46355 View attachment 46356

What did you use to cover the air intake beside your bussman Relay? And is it necessary to have to cover it?

Reactions: Bowtech32
J

JTW

What did you use to cover the air intake beside your bussman Relay? And is it necessary to have to cover it?

I cut a piece of rubber mat that fit the hole tightly.. then put the pourus stock prefilter back in the hole. I drilled 1/2" holes in the bottom for drains. I didn't want water sitting in there under my fuse box so yes I think it's necessary.

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!