P1000 How tough are Blackwater Evos

ghost

ghost

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2015
BC
I order some Evos last week. They haven't shipped cause the wheels had to be ordered. Now I'm having second thoughts (dont know how tough they are).

I noticed earlier that my stock Bighorns 2's were getting beat up and thought the Evos might be the ticket. Went for a long ride today and got some more chips and gouges in the stock tires. I guess we have sharp rocks here...

I'd be very disappointed if the new Evo's do the same thing.

I thought about Roctanes but felt the Evos would be better in my rain forest climate and on loose material.

Any thoughts?

I think I can change my order but really I'm hoping someone can confirm that those Evo can take more than the Bighorn 2's

joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
I order some Evos last week. They haven't shipped cause the wheels had to be ordered. Now I'm having second thoughts (dont know how tough they are).

I noticed earlier that my stock Bighorns 2's were getting beat up and thought the Evos might be the ticket. Went for a long ride today and got some more chips and gouges in the stock tires. I guess we have sharp rocks here...

I'd be very disappointed if the new Evo's do the same thing.

I thought about Roctanes but felt the Evos would be better in my rain forest climate and on loose material.

Any thoughts?

I think I can change my order but really I'm hoping someone can confirm that those Evo can take more than the Bighorn 2's

My buddy bought my old P700 with EVOs. They have almost 1000 miles on them and I can get some pics tomorrow. From what I remember, they held up well. I haven't seen those tires in a couple months though.

I have another friend that has a set a Evo's with about 200 miles on them, he really likes them.

Also, we can ask @Delton.

Reactions: ghost
ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
They were tough I did a lot of riding on rocky terrain and they held up well, pavement seemed to be the tire killer in general between the three different sets I had.

Reactions: joeymt33
Bayouownbeer

Bayouownbeer

Lifetime Member
Jun 3, 2014
Chauvin LA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I have themand they are good tire for puncture resistance

Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Not sure how I missed this thread the first time but better late than never. I've put several hours on mine and they are damage free. We ride 25-30 mph over rocks all the time. That's the main reason I bought them. The 2ply Bighorns made me nervous lol. Great tire for all around riding (mud/rock) imo.

Reactions: ghost and joeymt33
ghost

ghost

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2015
BC
Not sure how I missed this thread the first time but better late than never. I've put several hours on mine and they are damage free. We ride 25-30 mph over rocks all the time. That's the main reason I bought them. The 2ply Bighorns made me nervous lol. Great tire for all around riding (mud/rock) imo.
'bout time ! :D

I ended up buying the Evos and love them. I've been driving over the same rocks as I did earlier with the stock tires and Evos hold up alot better. They have a bit of wear but not getting chewed up like BH2s.

Reactions: drfubar and Delton
Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
'bout time ! :D

I ended up buying the Evos and love them. I've been driving over the same rocks as I did earlier with the stock tires and Evos hold up alot better. They have a bit of wear but not getting chewed up like BH2s.
They wear really well and give you a feeling of invincibility lol. As deep as those lugs are, they should last a long time.

Reactions: joeymt33
R

rmk700

Mar 6, 2016
Utah
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I have a set of Blackwaters I took off my P700 before I sold it and want to swap them out for the cheapo 4 ply BH stock Honda tires. I'm hoping to wear the stock BH out first. I hit a rock and punchered the side walls on both the front and back stock tires. Was able to plug them. Not sure if I can wait till they wear out. I want the tough Blackwaters on it.

They claim the Blackwaters have reinforced sidewalls. They sure held up great on my P700.

Reactions: Delton and joeymt33
ghost

ghost

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2015
BC
I have a set of Blackwaters I took off my P700 before I sold it and want to swap them out for the cheapo 4 ply BH stock Honda tires. I'm hoping to wear the stock BH out first. I hit a rock and punchered the side walls on both the front and back stock tires. Was able to plug them. Not sure if I can wait till they wear out. I want the tough Blackwaters on it.

They claim the Blackwaters have reinforced sidewalls. They sure held up great on my P700.
Those sidewall are tough. I got 28" tires on 12 inch rims and they stand up straight with 800 pounds in the bed (10 psi).
Very strong - putting up with my abuse.
I wanted to wear out the stock tires too - but they just didn't feel safe the way I'm riding.

Reactions: Delton

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!