Multi Hunting tips with your Pioneer

O

oldfortyfive

Lifetime Member
Dec 6, 2015
Illinois
Ownership

1. 500
Made another nature trip to Montana, but only got to watch elk. Couldn't get a shot. Weather wasn't the best. We had everything from heavy rain to blizzard conditions, but little actual snow. Anyway, couple things I've learned over the years with my P500:
  • Bring a cover with you. It will attract less attention on the hill and you'll come back to a dry machine.
  • The lower photo shows a couple carabiners we used to tie on our packs and stuff we wanted quicker access to. Too easy for stuff to bounce off on the trail.
  • The Cabela's two gun bag is still the best way I've found for carrying the guns. Keeps them clean, dry and very accessable.
  • I have a number pouches lashed on for extra water bottles. Put the bottles in them lid down to keep the cleaner. You learn that real fast running around in pastures.
  • I've settled in on using a half windshield. Between that and my visor I made a while back we still had good visibility in the blowing snow. Lot less glare than a full windshield. My visor set up works well, but after using it for the last year I'm going to redo with some improvements. I have some more ideas to make it easier to deploy and I want it bigger. It pretty well keeps all but a driving rain out.
More as I think of them.
2018 11 14 20 40 30

2018 11 14 20 40 28

H

Heloron

Mar 5, 2017
Oroville, California
Ownership

1. 500
IMG 1791
IMG 1790
if you are running spacers on your wheels in Colorado, some places you get through and some you can't. Notice
the trail restrictors are bent outwards from about twelves inches up which allows for the Razors to get through according to the US Forest Service. They were getting wedged in about midway up so they went out and put that bend in the steel to allow the Razors to get through. Huntin Tip, if you are running spacers, you may get through one end but can't get out the other end, so check out the entrance and exit if possible otherwise it may be a long way back, as I found out! Simple solution, if you are in an area like this take spacers off

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!