P1000 I-4WD issues

TexasHeat

TexasHeat

Jan 28, 2018
Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5
By the way where are you in Texas?
East of Houston about 20 miles, Crosby. been on the site for a liitle over a year, really enjoy the posts and to see what every one is doing, talking about and improving. great bunch of folks here as far as i can tell.

Reactions: Tramguage1
TexasHeat

TexasHeat

Jan 28, 2018
Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5
yes i drove it around in turf for a bit, reverse, forward. No change.

J

JTW

I’d say your linkage for the shifter may need to be adjusted. I’ve noticed mine will hang in 2wd for a bit going from 4wd to turf.. I can sometimes slap the lever and it will do the trick. Your cable could be slightly stretched. Speaking of stretched.... are you single?

Tramguage1

Tramguage1

Texan
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 2, 2015
Somereset, Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
East of Houston about 20 miles, Crosby. been on the site for a liitle over a year, really enjoy the posts and to see what every one is doing, talking about and improving. great bunch of folks here as far as i can tell.
You need to come west some weekend. We can meetup at Hidden Falls.

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I’d say your linkage for the shifter may need to be adjusted. I’ve noticed mine will hang in 2wd for a bit going from 4wd to turf.. I can sometimes slap the lever and it will do the trick. Your cable could be slightly stretched. Speaking of stretched.... are you single?

I adjusted the flux capacitor on mine the other day for the same exact reason.
7605ED76 6BA0 4E9C 95D2 BBB868E083ED

Pilgrim

Pilgrim

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jun 25, 2018
Oklahoma City
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I have a 2017 LE.... had mutilple time in the shop with i4wd lite..... first time was same scenario as yours.... left key on... battery will drain....
They light will reset itself sooner or later... never figured out a sequence to reset...
Anyway .... my light was on every ten miles for the first five hundred.... then would go off...
Finally convinced service guys at my Polaris /honda place (the small letter honda is about how much interest they have in selling hondas)
Anyway I think the low battery situation does jack with the computer....
But when it resets ...if it keeps happening.... they finally replaced a speed sensor on one of the wheels on the fourth trip to the shop....
Haven’t had a problem since...

Last edited:
TexasHeat

TexasHeat

Jan 28, 2018
Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I have a 2017 LE.... had mutilple time in the shop with i4wd lite..... first time was same scenario as yours.... left key on... battery will drain....
They light will reset itself sooner or later... never figured out a sequence to reset...
Anyway .... my light was on every ten miles for the first five hundred.... then would go off...
Finally convinced service guys at my Polaris /honda place (the small letter honda is about how much interest they have in selling hondas)
Anyway I think the low battery situation does jack with the computer....
But when it resets ...if it keeps happening.... they finally replaced a speed sensor on one of the wheels on the fourth trip to the shop....
Haven’t had a problem since...
Thank you Sir for your input, I now have a few different scenarios to check when I am home this weekend. Appreciate y’all sharing your thoughts and experiences and troubleshooting hints.

J

Jim0311

Sep 25, 2018
North East, Pa
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Thank you Sir for your input, I now have a few different scenarios to check when I am home this weekend. Appreciate y’all sharing your thoughts and experiences and troubleshooting hints.

I have a 2019 1000-3 LE, I agree check your flux capacitor behind the drivers seat when you lift the bed up you will see it. With only not even 10 miles on mine it would not go into Turf mode because my linkage needed adjusted. Very easy, takes longer to find your 10mm socket then to make the adjustment. Do a Youtube search about Turf Mode Selector Adjustment. I'm no help at all with your I$wd lite issue but I'm standing at attention waiting on the reply from the gentleman that will be working on one this weekend and what he has to say about it.

Pilgrim

Pilgrim

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jun 25, 2018
Oklahoma City
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I have a 2019 1000-3 LE, I agree check your flux capacitor behind the drivers seat when you lift the bed up you will see it. With only not even 10 miles on mine it would not go into Turf mode because my linkage needed adjusted. Very easy, takes longer to find your 10mm socket then to make the adjustment. Do a Youtube search about Turf Mode Selector Adjustment. I'm no help at all with your I$wd lite issue but I'm standing at attention waiting on the reply from the gentleman that will be working on one this weekend and what he has to say about it.
I have elected to take the position that while mine is less than a year old and since I was having the i4wd light problem anyway, that I would let the shop take care of problems like not going into turf mode... etc..
I know the best thing is just work on yourself and learn your machine... but went the other way....
Got a little ticked when charged for things like flux capacitor adjustment on basically a new machine because of cable stretch.....
Anyway live and learn.....

J

Jim0311

Sep 25, 2018
North East, Pa
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I have elected to take the position that while mine is less than a year old and since I was having the i4wd light problem anyway, that I would let the shop take care of problems like not going into turf mode... etc..
I know the best thing is just work on yourself and learn your machine... but went the other way....
Got a little ticked when charged for things like flux capacitor adjustment on basically a new machine because of cable stretch.....
Anyway live and learn.....

Good call, If my memory is correct??? Their was a recall on the machine,,, something about fuel pedal issue. I have not received anything about it other than reading it on this site. Might want to ask about that issue while you have it at the shop. Someone smarter then me can update you on the recall or status of the parts ect on this site. Good luck keep us posted on the fix, please!

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!