i-4WD Light Resolved

PW2022

PW2022

Lifetime Member
Dec 18, 2022
Montana
Ownership

1. Talon R
Took delivery of a 2022 Talon 1000R a few weeks ago and had an i-4WD light on from day one. Informed the dealer (100 miles away) and they said, "oh, just bring it back and we will look at it".

Turns out it was a very simple fix (no tools required). Noticed it took a lot of force to illuminate the brake lights. The brakes were applying long before the lights were coming on. Exactly opposite of how it should work. After looking at a picture of the brake switch I realized it's two-piece with an adjustable body.

This is likely old news to most members here but it was sure nice to see the dash light cancel. The first pic depicts the original position of the switch and the second after adjustment.

DSCN0335 DSCN0336

sandbaja

sandbaja

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Mar 2, 2021
San Diego, CA
Ownership

1. Talon R LV

2. Talon X4 LV
I or the dealer did not look at this. I did not notice any irregularity with brake function. I'm still awaiting a message from the dealer for completion. He last stated about an hour ago that they did 4 test rides without error and that he was going to take it on a longer drive. I'll add this to the discussion if it's not fixed but think if not I'll pick it up anyway to take a crack at it, in depth. Thank you for the input Paul.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!