sugarray

sugarray

Is this a game show?
Lifetime Member
Feb 17, 2016
WV
Ownership

1. 1000-5
With all the complaining, crying, and whining on here, I just wanted to post up.

I have ridden the past 2 days after putting on Fox shocks up front. The shocks are great and well worth the money. They soak up bumps and rocks with ease. Allows you to keep more control when riding quicker. Best accessory so far!!

Next, I love my bike. I took 3 friends yesterday and we had a blast. Took 2 of them again today, 1's son and another's wife. They are going to buy bikes!! Cannot say enough about this bike. Goes everywhere and back.

Go ride or sell your bike. Stop cluttering up this great site with your cry babying! Geez!

GlockMeister

GlockMeister

The Bearded Wonder
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
May 11, 2016
Greenville, Mo
Ownership

1. 1000-5
With all the complaining, crying, and whining on here, I just wanted to post up.

I have ridden the past 2 days after putting on Fox shocks up front. The shocks are great and well worth the money. They soak up bumps and rocks with ease. Allows you to keep more control when riding quicker. Best accessory so far!!

Next, I love my bike. I took 3 friends yesterday and we had a blast. Took 2 of them again today, 1's son and another's wife. They are going to buy bikes!! Cannot say enough about this bike. Goes everywhere and back.

Go ride or sell your bike. Stop cluttering up this great site with your cry babying! Geez!
Agreed...love mine too!! When you focus on the positives the negative disappears.

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
I agree. Several this week. Keeping the post in good terms has been a challenge. Lol.

Anyways.
I love my Pioneer too. It's a Great platform. Perfect to cruse a few kids around. They love it. And utility enough to gety work done.

Is it perfect? No.
Could it been better? Yes.
Would I buy another? Yes.
Will I expect it to be perfect? No.

We are here to help and we have most of the solutions. Another $75 and your going to love it just like us....

*All but the dct clutch. Honda will fix that soon.

Sent from my HTC6545LVW using Tapatalk

DPort

DPort

Lifetime Member
Jan 28, 2017
Lincoln, ME
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I agree. Several this week. Keeping the post in good terms has been a challenge. Lol.

Anyways.
I love my Pioneer too. It's a Great platform. Perfect to cruse a few kids around. They love it. And utility enough to gety work done.

Is it perfect? No.
Could it been better? Yes.
Would I buy another? Yes.
Will I expect it to be perfect? No.

We are here to help and we have most of the solutions. Another $75 and your going to love it just like us....

*All but the dct clutch. Honda will fix that soon.

Sent from my HTC6545LVW using Tapatalk

Exactly!

oldtrucks

oldtrucks

Mar 15, 2015
Pinehurst Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
We love our Honda Pioneer too. We are going on 6500 trouble free miles. We don't push It hard on the trails or on the roads both dirt and black top. The heat issue is liveable. I have a bilge fan but haven't installed it yet. We have the full glass factory windshield, hard top and soft mid cover. We have the Warn 72 inch plow and the warn 4500 winch. All in all a very versatile and reliable machine. My only complaint is the cost.

H

Hucker

Jul 30, 2016
SE AZ
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Same here. 700 miles of great fun, so far.

I did my homework before purchasing, and had all of the normal fixes done before my first real ride. Now I just ride it and have fun. Should another issue arise, I will develop a plan to fix it (usually copying one of you).

To anyone doing their homework:
If you are looking to go fast, there are better machines.
If you are looking for a great trail machine, there are better machines.
If you are looking for a big payload carrier, there are better machines.
If you are looking for a family-of-six-or-so transporter, there are better machines.
If you want a sand rail, there are better machines.
If you want a nice trail machine one weekend, a family-of-five-or-less transporter the next weekend, and a machine to carry a decent payload (my favorite is a quartered elk) another weekend, this unit fits the bill nicely.
If you want a perfect machine, there are none IMHO.

Know what you are buying, and the shortfalls -- they ALL have them. Have a plan to solve the issues, and you will be happy. If you expect a perfect machine, from any of the manufacturers, you will be disappointed with anything available.

I would buy this machine again, given what was/is available for my uses.

J

JTW

I did my homework before purchasing, and had all of the normal fixes done before my first real ride. Now I just ride it and have fun. Should another issue arise, I will develop a plan to fix it (usually copying one of you).

If you are looking for a family-of-six-or-so transporter, there are better machines.
If you want a nice trail machine one weekend, a family-of-five-or-less transporter the next weekend, and a machine to carry a decent payload (my favorite is a quartered elk) another weekend, this unit fits the bill nicely.

Know what you are buying, and the shortfalls -- they ALL have them. Have a plan to solve the issues, and you will be happy. If you expect a perfect machine, from any of the manufacturers, you will be disappointed with anything available.

Nailed it!

advertisement
J

JTW

What I don't get is why anyone would call this thing (or any atv/utv really) a bike.

End petty pet peeve rant.
Lmao.. you clearly don't ride with us.
IMG 3879

txsurfer

txsurfer

Sep 2, 2016
Santa Fe , TX
Ownership

1. 1000-5

I think too many people expect RZR susp performance out of a utility machine. I doubt Honda ever intended the PK5 to leave the ground intentionally. I'd venture to guess the susp is on par with a standard ranger or similar. IMO it does what it was designed to do. If and when Honda releases the Talon i'll take a hard look at it as fun / raise hell machine but i'm going to keep the Pioneer.

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I think too many people expect RZR susp performance out of a utility machine. I doubt Honda ever intended the PK5 to leave the ground intentionally. I'd venture to guess the susp is on par with a standard ranger or similar. IMO it does what it was designed to do. If and when Honda releases the Talon i'll take a hard look at it as fun / raise hell machine but i'm going to keep the Pioneer.

YES!!!!!

When the 700 was the only option there were so many "I can't keep up with my buddies on their turbo RZRs I keep bottoming the front shocks out" posts.
They couldn't seem to grasp UTILITY 8" of travel vs SPORT 17" of travel.

The 1000 is significantly better travel than the 700, the extra few inches makes a big difference.

I'm sure whatever Honda has in the works for the sport will be in-line with the sport machines out now.

1BadDart

1BadDart

Oct 21, 2016
W. KY
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I agree with all of the above! My P1000 does everything I want, my wife uses it in the yard, I use it for hunting, around the farm helping my brother and it makes a respectable showing on the trail.

Having done quiet a bit of research before buying I knew EXACTLY what I was buying. IMO this machine was built for people like me who want a multi purpose rig that does a lot of tasks well but not built for one specific task.

Sure, there are things I'd like to see changed and sure I could pi$$ and moan about them, but I don't wear that well.

ghost

ghost

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2015
BC
Yeah - I've been known to b**** about little things a couple times on here but at the end of the day, this is fun to drive and does more things than any other model I have seen.

It's hard to justify another machine cause this does everything I want it to. Except 50" trails.

C

cutt69

Apr 18, 2017
US
Lvu my Honda pioneer

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Reactions: sharp
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4

Members are spending thousands of dollars to fix very real (despite the denials by some) short falls on the P1K, a couple of which Honda won't even discuss. (And there's no shortage of criticism here of Polaris when they do the same thing) It's not whining and crying to expect Honda to step up to the plate and do what brought so many of us loyal Honda patrons to their sxs to begin with.

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Members are spending thousands of dollars to fix very real (despite the denials by some) short falls on the P1K, a couple of which Honda won't even discuss. (And there's no shortage of criticism here of Polaris when they do the same thing) It's not whining and crying to expect Honda to step up to the plate and do what brought so many of us loyal Honda patrons to their sxs to begin with.

What are they paying thousands to fix?

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!