• Thread starter Former-X3-Lover
  • Start date
F

Former-X3-Lover

May 25, 2019
Southern States of Merica
Ownership

1. Other Brand
Riding in Moab. Climbed Golden Spike. Broke driver rear axle. I4wd came on. No 4x4. Drove out with help. Light went off but no 4x4. Please help!

Reactions: TxDoc
SLOWPOKE693

SLOWPOKE693

Supporting Member
Mar 10, 2020
Somewhere in Texas
Ownership

1. Talon R
And this is why the HondaSxS.com store I4wd bypass switch is something everyone needs even if they like the I4wd feature. Being able to bypass that system in the event of an unfortunate failure like the OP had is priceless in my opinion.

All the "technology" they dump into these things is great..... until it's not.

Edit: DIY - I4wd Delete/Bypass wire kit for Honda Talon.

PaulF

PaulF

/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\
Lifetime Member
Jul 1, 2019
Utah
Ownership

1. Talon R
Riding in Moab. Climbed Golden Spike. Broke driver rear axle. I4wd came on. No 4x4. Drove out with help. Light went off but no 4x4. Please help!
Let's try to diagnose over the internet...
  1. Does the i4WD light come on when you turn the key on and then go off?
  2. Does the 4X4 indicator rapidly flash between rear and 4WD with KOEO and i4WD selected?
  3. Have you checked for and reset any DTC's?
  4. Have you driven over 20 mph to make sure the control unit does a full diagnostics?

Reactions: TripleB
F

Former-X3-Lover

May 25, 2019
Southern States of Merica
Ownership

1. Other Brand
Paul F. 1.) Yes
2.) Yes
3.) Yes best I could.
4.) Yes
I disconnected the battery. Waiting 5 minutes before reconnecting. Took hood off to check switch plug in on i4wd, Hill start. Took top sensor out of front diff. Nothing so far has worked. Called 2 shops here in Moab. No help at all.

PaulF

PaulF

/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\
Lifetime Member
Jul 1, 2019
Utah
Ownership

1. Talon R
Disconnecting the battery does nothing, codes are stored in non volatile memory.
  1. Does the 4X4 indicator change to i4WD with the engine started and i4WD selected? If not, what is it doing?
  2. What DTC's are showing now?

Reactions: TripleB

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!