P1000 i4wd

CougarCountryClan

CougarCountryClan

May 16, 2018
Utah
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
I've got a deluxe 10005 with upgrades. I really want the i4wd feature of the Le. Short of selling my Deluxe and purchasing a Le and being out a bunch. Anyone know if it is possible to get i4wd upgraded on a deluxe?

Reactions: BWAF
JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
I've got a deluxe 10005 with upgrades. I really want the i4wd feature of the Le. Short of selling my Deluxe and purchasing a Le and being out a bunch. Anyone know if it is possible to get i4wd upgraded on a deluxe?

Short answer is no feasible way in time or money to upgrade. The front and rear differentials are much larger will electronic speed sensors at each axle output, then there is the completely different braking system as well as the electronics to control it all (wiring harness, ECM). Finally then you would likely have to swap out the dash and drive mode selector controls for it to work properly.

I have a 2016 P1K5D and a 2018 P1K5LE with over 2000 miles on each. I would and do pick the LE over the other to drive every time.

The I-4WD does really well and has been trouble free, in addition the Fox Shocks make a very noticeable difference in the ride through choppy terrain. If you are pining for I-4WD trading up would be worth it from my viewpoint.
20180919 081227

Pilgrim

Pilgrim

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jun 25, 2018
Oklahoma City
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I haven’t followed all the threads in this forum.... but my 2017 LE with 400 miles has always had an intermittent i4wd light flashing..... taken it in twice and they always have a different story....
I have talked to several LE owners who say theirs has never come on......
Any ideas... or experience??
The light stays on for a day or two... then goes out... everything appears to be in proper running condition but hard to tell when i4wd is actually functioning or not

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
I haven’t followed all the threads in this forum.... but my 2017 LE with 400 miles has always had an intermittent i4wd light flashing..... taken it in twice and they always have a different story....
I have talked to several LE owners who say theirs has never come on......
Any ideas... or experience??
The light stays on for a day or two... then goes out... everything appears to be in proper running condition but hard to tell when i4wd is actually functioning or not

Not sure what the flashing light is indicative of. Mine had always stayed on when engaged and off when in 2WD. I'm guilty as the next guy for not thoroughly reading the owners manual. I bet if you refer to it that there is commentary on what the flashing light means. Perhaps in the trouble shooting section.

Reactions: CumminsPusher
hurld

hurld

Lifetime Member
Feb 19, 2014
I just joined the LE club, brought this home 2 days before Christmas. I still have my 2014 700-4 that I'm going to sell outright.

Bought it used: 2017 with 282 miles, clutch update & all recalls done. I know it is only 3" wider & 2" longer than my 700, but it feels huge. The difference in power is crazy. I am still learning to adjust my driving style to the different transmission.Edc982784485852de95d90fe3354a9af11486632d3c73bc2c28c9c76f39a465f

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Last edited:
J

JTW

I just joined the LE club, brought this home 2 days before Christmas. I still have my 2014 700-4 that I'm going to sell outright.

Bought it used: 2017 with 282 miles, clutch update & all recalls done. I know it is only 3" wider & 2" longer than my 700, but it feels huge. The difference in power is crazy. I still learning to adjust my driving style to the different transmission.View attachment 99045View attachment 99046

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
I like what I can see of that shop!

Reactions: hurld
Pilgrim

Pilgrim

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jun 25, 2018
Oklahoma City
Ownership

1. 1000-5
It’s a warning light for excursions that are deemed beyond the users comfort level of gravel, blacktop and such.
Is this a BS answer or are you serious.??.... cause I do notice it a lot when I am just running hammer down on a gravel or paved road....
If have figured out from some other threads here why it won’t easily shift into turf mode.....
I am still in the mode of taking it to he dealer for stuff like these cable adjustments.... I know I need the experience in my garage.... so it is easier in the field....
But I figure for my 20 k they need to how to work on one also.... so far I get the feeling mine is a tester/trainer for them....great guys but sometimes I think they need to spend less time replacing belts and more time on the P1 site figuring out everything you guys know....

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Is this a BS answer or are you serious.??.... cause I do notice it a lot when I am just running hammer down on a gravel or paved road....
If have figured out from some other threads here why it won’t easily shift into turf mode.....
I am still in the mode of taking it to he dealer for stuff like these cable adjustments.... I know I need the experience in my garage.... so it is easier in the field....
But I figure for my 20 k they need to how to work on one also.... so far I get the feeling mine is a tester/trainer for them....great guys but sometimes I think they need to spend less time replacing belts and more time on the P1 site figuring out everything you guys know....
Well...lol.
I would have to guess at it being a ground wire or loose plug, we’ve seen that to be common. I don’t know if that’s a brake or 4wd problem, LE is going to be a bit harder to diagnose with the complexity of the system.

J

JTW

Yes.. lmao!

H

HondaTech

It should be recording a code, they could pull the code and look into that. But that's if it is recording the code.

The I-4wd has a fault code for brake a light fault. Is your brake light working properly? Also this could be a grounding issues.

Most multi-line dealers don't have any idea how to work on Hondas and don't want to take the time to learn since they take a little more time to repair. Like you said you cant throw a belt at it.

H

HondaTech

Along with the wiring, dash, front and rear differentials, brake lines, etc. You'll also be replacing all 4 axles and quite possible even the frame. You'd be money ahead to trade.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!