Idle Control Valve

D

DDCole

Apr 27, 2021
Medford Oregon
Ownership

1. Talon X4
I have a 2020 Talon 1000x-4 Live Valve that was having a hard time idling and would die when I put it in gear. After doing some research I found that a possible culprit would be a dirty Idle Control Valve so I pulled it out to look and it was dirty. I threw that one away and ordered a new one. When I put the new one in the Talon now jumps from 2500-3000 rpm and back over and over when idling. Upon inspection I noticed that the plunger screws up and down on the new ICV so I thought that maybe it needs to be set at a specific spot before installing and I don’t have the old one to compare it to.
I tried a hard reset with no luck. Does anyone else have any ideas?
Thanks in advance.

Reactions: Smittyp
Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
It is supposed to be self adjusting.

While idling. Mess with the wires by pushing and pulling them around lightly.

I say this because it is common foe wires to break at the connector. Non visible. We sell 2 or 3 of these a week -

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

H

HondaTech

You've got to line the slot in the barrel up with the pin in the hole. It can be difficult with the smaller slots in the bottom of thr barrel catching on the pin.

If that's lined up and it's still jumping then it's possible you have a bad crimp at the connector.

H

HondaTech

How do you know we’re the slot Is

On the barrel is a long cutout, that aligns with the pin in the hole.

I usually turn the slot to position the iacv connector to where it will sit where it normally would sit. It can be difficult on a Talon to get it lined up, due to the location of the hole on the throttle body.

D

DDCole

Apr 27, 2021
Medford Oregon
Ownership

1. Talon X4
Well I thought I had the slot lined up, but I must not have. I pulled the ICV out and then re-installed it and now the Talon runs with no problems. I already had the rear plastics off so I removed the battery box for better access to the hole. I also used my phones camera to look down and see the pin. It was on the back side of the cylinder. Thank you everyone for the help.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!