HFA Grand High Wizard
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Apr 7, 2019
Covington, LA
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R LV
Has anyone swapped the steering rack in a live valve? I'm just curious on how the steering angle sensor comes off? It looks like it just slides on when I look at a parts fiche, but I see there's a small clip (I'm assuming this just keeps the sensor housing from going too far down the shaft):

I've got everything unbolted and ready to come off, and it seems like this should just slide off the end of the input shaft but I'd rather not f*** it up...

NtZ1h3fc Cg8ZwrQkOEzsBAw1249 h937 s noauthuser0

V2DeQHVXzc32vZmyQ sbAZQw1249 h937 s noauthuser0

@HondaTech ?

lee

lee

Village Idiot
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 4, 2013
Springfield Ohio
Ownership

1. 500
There is a little bolt under the angle sensor housing, #30 on the parts diagram.

Bolt head should be towards the front of the vehicle, the boss on the rack itself is tapped.

Adam490

Adam490

HFA Grand High Wizard
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Apr 7, 2019
Covington, LA
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R LV
There is a little bolt under the angle sensor housing, #30 on the parts diagram.

View attachment 386143

Bolt head should be towards the front of the vehicle, the boss on the rack itself is tapped.
Yep, got that guy out. It just slides off once that is removed? It doesn't feel like it wants to slide easily is why I was hesitant, but it could just be full of funk.

Thanks!!

Adam490

Adam490

HFA Grand High Wizard
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Apr 7, 2019
Covington, LA
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R LV
Looked at the manual, it just says to remove the bolt, remove the steering angle sensor.
Super non descriptive.
But it only lists the one bolt...
I got it, the gasket that goes into the steering rack comes up with it so it’s got some tension on it. Everything I saw looked like it just slides right off after you undo the bolt and mine was fighting back so I decided to drink a beer and phone a friend 😂. Thanks Lee!

Adam490

Adam490

HFA Grand High Wizard
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Apr 7, 2019
Covington, LA
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R LV
Just in case someone else runs into this in the future, after you undo the bolt you can just pull up with a little force and it will pop this gasket loose and slide right off.

IMG 7733

H

HondaTech

Just in case someone else runs into this in the future, after you undo the bolt you can just pull up with a little force and it will pop this gasket loose and slide right off.

View attachment 386147

You'll need to have the sensor centered or the LV light will probably come on for a SAS plausibility code.

Also can you take the 3 bolts out and tell me if there is water/mud inside the housing? And does the clear 4 pin connector gave corrosion in it?

Last edited:
Adam490

Adam490

HFA Grand High Wizard
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Apr 7, 2019
Covington, LA
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R LV
You'll need to have the sensor centered or the LV light will probably come on for a SAS plausibility code.

Also can you take the 3 bolts out and tell me if there is water/mud inside the housing? And does the clear 4 pin connector gave corrosion in it?
Water came out when I pulled the sensor housing out of the rack.

I’ve got the calibration steps for the LV steering angle sensor so hopefully that works.

Reactions: FJC 79 and ChadD
Adam490

Adam490

HFA Grand High Wizard
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Apr 7, 2019
Covington, LA
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R LV

Reactions: FJC 79
H

HondaTech

Water came out when I pulled the sensor housing out of the rack.

I’ve got the calibration steps for the LV steering angle sensor so hopefully that works.
The sensor if removed and not moved (turning the inner part) will he ok, but the angle could be off and without the program to read the angle and reset center, it's not possible to do so.

The initialization procedure sets center and programs it into the scu. But unless you know the angle it could be off. That was the whole problem with them in the beginning.

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!