P1000m5 If Deltons is Painfully Slow, Mine is Excruciating....

urbancoyboyja

urbancoyboyja

Buckle Up, I Want To Try Something...
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 25, 2017
WV, USA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
What did you do with your old tires?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
I've still got them. I'd like to get rid of them if anybody was interested.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

K

Kolton

Oct 15, 2016
Vance, al
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I've still got them. I'd like to get rid of them if anybody was interested.

How much tread is left and how much you need to get for them?

urbancoyboyja

urbancoyboyja

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 25, 2017
WV, USA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
How much tread is left and how much you need to get for them?

Half trad on back, probably a little less on the fronts. I'd like to get $120..

urbancoyboyja

urbancoyboyja

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 25, 2017
WV, USA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I have to say I’m a little disappointed in the terrabites. I haven’t ran them too much, maybe 50 miles. I should have went with something for softer terrain and maybe a more cleaning pattern. I’m in WV and over on the farm we have a lot of leaf covered, damp hills. I’m used to creeping around over there checking trail cams, going to treestands and such. They are just balling up in mid and leaves. I was concerned about that but with the rave reviews on here I thought id give them a try. I’m running about 12 lbs of air in them.

Anybody have any recommendations for what I might do with pressure and such to get the performance I’m looking for out of the terrabites? I have aired them down and it helped a little, but not much.

My brother put a set of GBC dirt tamers on his Teryx. Kind of a bighorn knock off. I maybe in the market for something like that. I love the ride quality and longevity of the terrabites.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

urbancoyboyja

urbancoyboyja

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 25, 2017
WV, USA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I have to say I’m a little disappointed in the terrabites. I haven’t ran them too much, maybe 50 miles. I should have went with something for softer terrain and maybe a more cleaning pattern. I’m in WV and over on the farm we have a lot of leaf covered, damp hills. I’m used to creeping around over there checking trail cams, going to treestands and such. They are just balling up in mid and leaves. I was concerned about that but with the rave reviews on here I thought id give them a try. I’m running about 12 lbs of air in them.

Anybody have any recommendations for what I might do with pressure and such to get the performance I’m looking for out of the terrabites? I have aired them down and it helped a little, but not much.

My brother put a set of GBC dirt tamers on his Teryx. Kind of a bighorn knock off. I maybe in the market for something like that. I love the ride quality and longevity of the terrabites.

And yes, I knew they weren’t a mud tire but I’m not talking about knee deep stuff here. Typical eastern wooded farm.

Last edited:
J

JTW

And yes, I knew they weren’t a mud tire but I’m not talking about knee deep stuff here. Typical eastern wooded farm.

How much have you aired them down? 12 is waaay too much. And if you’re just creeping you’re not cleaning the tread. Like you said... they’re not a mud tire. I found a certain consistency mud that they don’t like.. but otherwise they do fine.

urbancoyboyja

urbancoyboyja

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 25, 2017
WV, USA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
How much have you aired them down? 12 is waaay too much. And if you’re just creeping you’re not cleaning the tread. Like you said... they’re not a mud tire. I found a certain consistency mud that they don’t like.. but otherwise they do fine.
I had them down to 8 psi and it helped. I want sure about going any lower than that.

Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Leaves really screw them up. Acts like cement holding mud in the tread. I run 14psi on or offroad and ive been very happy with them. Try some wheel speed when in mud. As for leaves, not much you can do about that.

Reactions: Tigermark
Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
You can see how packed mine are with leaves and mud. They still handled this trail well. This is right before dragons back and it was a mess after all that rain.
1116181356 640x480

urbancoyboyja

urbancoyboyja

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 25, 2017
WV, USA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
You can see how packed mine are with leaves and mud. They still handled this trail well. This is right before dragons back and it was a mess after all that rain.
View attachment 101535

Yea. I’m gonna run them with 12 and see how they do not creeping around during hunting season. May end up getting another set of tires for that. I need to get them out on the trails and see how I like them.

Reactions: Delton
Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Yea. I’m gonna run them with 12 and see how they do not creeping around during hunting season. May end up getting another set of tires for that. I need to get them out on the trails and see how I like them.

Ive only had a couple situations where they really failed me so i cant complain. My poor ole blackwater evos are gonna get dryrotted from lack of use lol

Reactions: Tigermark and Koda
urbancoyboyja

urbancoyboyja

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 25, 2017
WV, USA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
How much air you run in yours?

B

Boss0144

Lifetime Member
Jan 25, 2018
Commerce Township, MI
Ownership

1. 1000-5
How low of pressure do you think is ok on standard (non- beadlock) wheels?? I’m asking specifically for Terrabites? The sidewalls seem pretty stiff and I don’t really see much difference in performance between like 18psi down to 10psi. I’m a little uncomfortable going less......

Thanks!

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
How low of pressure do you think is ok on standard (non- beadlock) wheels?? I’m asking specifically for Terrabites? The sidewalls seem pretty stiff and I don’t really see much difference in performance between like 18psi down to 10psi. I’m a little uncomfortable going less......

Thanks!

If i do some serous rock crawling I go down to 6 PSI, standard riding 8 PSI and not a flat yet.

urbancoyboyja

urbancoyboyja

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 25, 2017
WV, USA
Ownership

1. 1000-5

Thanks!

That's why I didn't go less than 8. I don't have bead locks either......

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
That's why I didn't go less than 8. I don't have bead locks either......

I have bead locks, so I see your point.

B

Boss0144

Lifetime Member
Jan 25, 2018
Commerce Township, MI
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Thanks guys. I guess I'll shoot for 8 or more. At 10, I can't even see a visual difference in the sidewall, so it seems like I could let a little more out.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!