P1000 Ignition switch harness

A

Autigervet

Sep 16, 2020
St. Petersburg, Fl
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Good morning. I'm wondering if anyone can help me with trying to remove the factory connection off the back of the accessory power plug. I bought the plug and play harness from the SxS store after loving the previous plug and play hook ups I purchased (reverse lights and bumper LED). They were cake to install. I've been trying to remove this connection behind the accessory plug for a week now. I've used WD-40 thinking it just needed a little lube TLC. The problem is that I can't get a good hand hold of it to depress the locking mechanism due to the funky angles. I've approached it from under the hood as well as the accessory panel under the plug in the cab. I know I can tap into the fuse wiring if I have to, but this has become a pissing contest, and I'm not one to cut and run. Thanks everyone.

Reactions: TxDoc
Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
Hi,
2 ways to access depending on what you have.
1 - If you are cutting a large hole for a switch panel where the warning was, I recommend that way. Its just right inside below the rubber flap.
2 - From the passenger wheel-well.
I recommend removing the tire so you can get up in the wheel-well.
Make sure you are on a jack stand for safety.
Then you can reach up to it and unplug. Study the connector you have in your hand.
It squeezes from the driver side to the passenger side at the end of the connector. Wiggle while squeezing.
It should pull right off. Then plug in the harness.

I do need a good video showing the best way to access this if anyone wants to take me up on that offer.
I'll send a plug and some more goodies one done.

Reactions: TxDoc and TripleB
A

Autigervet

Sep 16, 2020
St. Petersburg, Fl
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Sorry, I didn't mention that it was a 2018 Pioneer 1000 3
I'm heading to Alabama from Florida next week so I need to get things finished up.
I just installed an Axon 4500 and it has a small amp red wire to connect to ignition hot. If I can't get the rascal unplugged, for the plug and play harness, can I run the winch without ignition switched?
Thank you.

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
can I run the winch without ignition switched?
Yes, you can go straight to the battery if you like.
The red wire wants ignition for safety, and it's good to have the machine running.
I might pass it through a switch just for safety.

A

Autigervet

Sep 16, 2020
St. Petersburg, Fl
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Thank you very much. So I tried this from both sides, my forearms wouldn’t allow me to get to it from the wheel wells, so instead I enlarged the panel above the plug from the cab side and had the sucker off in 5 minutes. I won! The previous owner had cut out a small section to allow toggle switches and volt meter to fit through. No biggie to enlarge it enough for me to get my arm through. This is definitely the easiest access by far for anyone wanting to do this.
Thanks again everyone. Wonderful source for information and great folks wanting to help others. Hope I can do the same down the line though I doubt my limited knowledge in this area can help with all the smart folks using this forum.

Mb

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!