P1000 Initial Service

J

JTW

That seems to be where I'm also hearing it as well. Have you checked your sub trans oil level.
Yeah... that’s not it. But I don’t really have any other ideas. Is there such a thing as the valve ball? Could that be it? I had just read mention of it on Facebook the other day.

H

HondaTech

Yeah... that’s not it. But I don’t really have any other ideas. Is there such a thing as the valve ball? Could that be it? I had just read mention of it on Facebook the other day.

I'm not sure what their referring to as the "valve ball" but it seems to me the noise is something thats just there and can't be fixed.

Reactions: JTW
J

JTW

I'm not sure what their referring to as the "valve ball" but it seems to me the noise is something thats just there and can't be fixed.
Supposedly a ball to keep the oil from pouring out if it was rolled over???

mjn

mjn

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
May 31, 2018
SE Washington State/N Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-3
This is an older thread, but a related question;

I've had my machine just about a month to the day. It's got 80 miles and 20 hrs. The wrench just turned on.

How stupid would it be to wait another 10 hrs or so?

I want to utilize the first service for a couple items.. two of which I'm not ready for yet. I'm 120 miles from the dealer that is going to perform the fist service, so timing is pretty important.

J

JTW

I've had my machine just about a month to the day. It's got 80 miles and 20 hrs. The wrench just turned on.

I want to utilize the first service for a couple items.. two of which I'm not ready for yet. I'm 120 miles from the dealer that is going to perform the fist service, so timing is pretty important.
You’d be perfectly fine.. in fact it would probably be better for it.

Landman

Landman

The Great Bearded One
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jun 27, 2017
Central Arkansas
Ownership

1. Do not currently own

You’d be perfectly fine.. in fact it would probably be better for it.

I called the service dept when I was near 100 mi and they said I needed to wait until at least 150 if not closer to 200 mi. I think I was at 144 mi when I took it in... because of timing issues due to working on the road.

Reactions: JTW

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!