Inside cab noise?

B

btruckin

Oct 26, 2014
Looking at purchasing a Honda Pioneer 500 and was wondering if they are loud inside while riding? Can you have a conversation with the person sitting next to you without yelling?

iowaguy

iowaguy

Lifetime Member
Sep 22, 2014
Eastern Iowa
Ownership

1. Other Brand
You can talk to your passenger in your normal voice a lot less noisy than other utvs

B

btruckin

Oct 26, 2014
Thanks for the reply. I currently have a Arctic Cat prowler 1000 xtz and I think it is very loud in the cab.

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
btruckin said:
I currently have a Arctic Cat prowler 1000 xtz
May I ask...
Why are you looking at the P500? Are you just steeping down or will this be a second machine?
Thanks.

B

btruckin

Oct 26, 2014
Hondasxs said:
btruckin said:
I currently have a Arctic Cat prowler 1000 xtz
May I ask...
Why are you looking at the P500? Are you just steeping down or will this be a second machine?
Thanks.

I'm looking for something a little smaller, I like that the P500 is only 50" wide.

FuzzyGrub

FuzzyGrub

Sep 19, 2014
Rural NY
www.joefishin.com
Ownership

1. 500
I agree, quiet enough to have conversation on "normal' trail riding. At 35mph+ on dirt roads it get a bit noisyier. I have a full windshield and top, which may add or take-away noise depending on situation.

R

Ray

Sep 6, 2015
I was in a can-am the other day and suddenly realised that cab noise is important. Sitting next to the driver going up hill, and even when on almost flat terrain i could hardly hear him

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
May I ask...
Thanks.

@Hondasxs one does not merely "step down" to a P500, it is not smaller, it is better. So don’t let its stature deceive you. The Pioneer 500 is purpose-built to deliver a combination of performance and fun you won’t find in any other side-by-side. :p

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
@Hondasxs one does not merely "step down" to a P500, it is not smaller, it is better. So don’t let its stature deceive you. The Pioneer 500 is purpose-built to deliver a combination of performance and fun you won’t find in any other side-by-side. :p

I'll send you some aloe for that burn @Hondasxs.

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
I'll send you some aloe for that burn @Hondasxs.

What is even funnier, that's is a copy paste from the Honda power sports page describing the P500:

"WITH THE PIONEER 500, FUN COMES STANDARD.

Places to go, things to see, and nothing to hold you back. That’s the thinking that inspired the compact and capable Pioneer 500. Built to comfortably seat 2 passengers, and at 50-inches wide it can explore width restricted trails and fit in the bed of a full-size truck. Equipped with a lively 500-class engine, it rises to the challenge on the jobsite. And with a 5-speed electric-shift transmission featuring paddle shifters, it delivers a spirited driving experience unlike anything else in its class.

So don’t let its stature deceive you. The Pioneer 500 is purpose-built to deliver a combination of performance and fun you won’t find in any other side-by-side."

Pioneer-Honda Powersports :D

advertisement
solrus

solrus

Lifetime Member
Sep 2, 2015
Montana
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I just wear earplugs on a long ride.

Me too, same as for moto riding . I used my cell phone to measure noise level in the cabin at full 40-41 mph , comes to 94dB, 30 mph about 86 dB. But plugs must to wear or by 50-60 years most of dudes who shoot and/or ride are almost deaf. I use NoNoise Motorsport

Reactions: bobbyhill
bobbyhill

bobbyhill

Pay to Play and I'm broke all around!
Junior Moderator
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Apr 8, 2015
Smithfield, VA
Ownership

1. 700-4
I don't notice any noise in the cab, but then again I listen to airplanes run wide open all day!

Reactions: Buryit
ksss

ksss

Jul 14, 2013
With 475 CC's how loud could it possibly be?.................come on....... that's a good one.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!