Multi Installed some logo projector lights

C

Chooglin

I thought I would share this with everyone just in case you would be interested in trying them yourself.

I installed these on my F-150
20170624 011841

I also bought a set for my Pioneer (Honda wings logo).
Screenshot 2017 06 24 08 12 08

I wired them into the dome light on the truck and will wire them to the brake light on the Pioneer.

This is where I bought them
Mr. Kustom - Chicago's Finest Car Customization & Accessories

They have a butt load of designs and they will design your own graphics for a small fee!

Last edited by a moderator:
joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
That is awesome! Give us some pics when it's installed.

CP: I've been saying that since that jack wagon was picking Legos from his turds:)

Reactions: sharp and Chooglin
E

elkguide

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Mar 14, 2017
Vermont
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Look great on paper.

Wonder what they'll look like on the Pioneer?

Reactions: Chooglin
joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
The trick will be locating them so they don't get knocked off. If they project inside the vehicle, they could be protected better.

Still very cool, I like it.

CP: I've been saying that since that jack wagon was picking Legos from his turds:)

Reactions: sharp and Chooglin
C

Chooglin

The trick will be locating them so they don't get knocked off. If they project inside the vehicle, they could be protected better.

Still very cool, I like it.

I will be mounting it behind the rear bumper.

I made up a little metal box that it will be mounted inside of , this should help protect it from the heat and mud.

Reactions: joeymt33 and sharp
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
I will be mounting it behind the rear bumper.

I made up a little metal box that it will be mounted inside of , this should help protect it from the heat and mud.
Watch those things. I've had them before. Had them in the doors of my previous and they worked great because they only came on with doors open but in this rig I had one mounted through my rear bumper to illuminate when all in switch was on and they would get so hot it would burn the solder off the wires inside. Only short periods of time.

Last edited:
C

Chooglin

Watch those things. I've had them before. Had them in the doors of my previous and they worked great because they only came on with doors open but in this rig I had one mounted through my rear bumper to illuminate when all in switch was on and they would get so hot it would burn the solder off the wires inside. Only short periods of time
These particular ones are rated for 5 minute illumination at a time (reason for using them on brake light) , anything longer than that and the image will be burnt away.

They do have newer ones that have the image etch on glass , you can run these for a long period but not sure how well the wires would hold up!

Reactions: CumminsPusher
D

Deleted member 3748

After seeing your other post with the Honda projector, I went to the site and saw the Ford F150 projectors. I thought "man, I'm doing that to my truck!" But I see you beat me to that too. LOL

advertisement
C

Chooglin

After seeing your other post with the Honda projector, I went to the site and saw the Ford F150 projectors. I thought "man, I'm doing that to my truck!" But I see you beat me to that too. LOL
Lol , I only did the drivers side door on the truck , there is no power from the dome light in the passenger door.

I used power from the key pad on the drivers side door.

If you have courtesy lights in your door , that is the best place to get power from !

Reactions: Deleted member 3748

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!