rocmar

rocmar

Where Eagles & Angels....Dare to Fly...
Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500
In Colorado you do not have to have insurance but you have to license it for off road. If you do have an accident and there is property damage or injury you are responsible for those cost if it's your fault so I feel insurance is a good thing. Consider also the possibility of it getting stolen, catching fire etc., basically it's the roll of the dice.
Injury...biggest reason for us..
..to insure

K

Kilroy

Apr 1, 2016
Missouri
I have full coverage through Progressive. I had to get full coverage since I have a loan on the 500. I pay $203 a year for the policy, there is a $500 deductible plus $3000 coverage for add-on/aftermarket accessories. I do get a discount for having two motorcycles insured with them also.

Reactions: trigger
100Acre

100Acre

Samsquinch the Terrible Magic Bean Manipulator
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 25, 2017
Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
In Colorado you do not have to have insurance but you have to license it for off road. If you do have an accident and there is property damage or injury you are responsible for those cost if it's your fault so I feel insurance is a good thing. Consider also the possibility of it getting stolen, catching fire etc., basically it's the roll of the dice.
How does someone from out of state license a UTV especially since my own does not? I'm planning on traveling in a number of states out west where I hope do do some wheeling. I wonder if I have to register it in each state I wheel in, or if one state covers them all? I read somewhere that I need to carry proof of ownership If I do not have an state issued OHV permit for Florida. Not sure what the rest of the country does.

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
How does someone from out of state license a UTV especially since my own does not? I'm planning on traveling in a number of states out west where I hope do do some wheeling. I wonder if I have to register it in each state I wheel in, or if one state covers them all? I read somewhere that I need to carry proof of ownership If I do not have an state issued OHV permit for Florida. Not sure what the rest of the country does.

Yeah, you'll have to register in most states. That could get pricey if you take it to a lot of places.

100Acre

100Acre

Samsquinch the Terrible Magic Bean Manipulator
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 25, 2017
Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Yeah, you'll have to register in most states. That could get pricey if you take it to a lot of places.
That's a bag of suck. I plan on hitting at least 6-8 states. I wonder what kind of permits I'm looking at? Daily weekly monthly or yearly....

NitroxDiver

NitroxDiver

Dec 22, 2016
Concord NC
Ownership

1. 500
I have my machine on the same progressive policy as my motorcycle and its right around $120 per year. $500.00 deductible full coverage. The coverage actually mirrors the coverage for my motorcycle including towing and bodily injury. I'm not sure how much it would cost on its own policy. Its actually only about $10 a year more than my 2012 Honda Rancher was. I live in NC but mostly ride in WV. Some of the towns in WV allow you to ride through town to get gas and food but I hear that some of the local cops have stopped people and asked for proof of insurance.

Reactions: trigger and 100Acre
trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
I have my machine on the same progressive policy as my motorcycle and its right around $120 per year. $500.00 deductible full coverage. The coverage actually mirrors the coverage for my motorcycle including towing and bodily injury. I'm not sure how much it would cost on its own policy. Its actually only about $10 a year more than my 2012 Honda Rancher was. I live in NC but mostly ride in WV. Some of the towns in WV allow you to ride through town to get gas and food but I hear that some of the local cops have stopped people and asked for proof of insurance.

Good info right there! Kinda' the same rules here, some towns love the business and welcome a line of sxs's at the gas station. I'm not street legal either and wondered if I could get a ticket, never thought about the insurance angle. Thanks Nitro. ;)

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
We are about 25/month with Gieko for full with 250ded. They have taken care of several big hits including the water damaged 1000. Very good to work with and were fairly quick. The most important thing is the company takes care of you I'll always pay a little more for guaranteed good service

rocmar

rocmar

Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500
Western states... $25... $30
for out of state 1 year sticker..
can get via snail mail...no registration
needed..

Reactions: 100Acre
trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
I was reading posts about the guys going to RRB and they were having to pay quite a bit. Don't know all the details but it sounded like it was state fees and not resort fees. Maybe it's just TN...and Cali. Ha!

Reactions: CumminsPusher
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
I was reading posts about the guys going to RRB and they were having to pay quite a bit. Don't know all the details but it sounded like it was state fees and not resort fees. Maybe it's just TN...and Cali. Ha!
It was a lot. 1 day permit there was three years plates and tabs in Idaho. But worth it

rocmar

rocmar

Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500
It was a lot. 1 day permit there was three years plates and tabs in Idaho. But worth it
That's high..plus all the other cost
...riding didn't seem...family friendly
either..all vids I seen..we're pretty
extreme riding....

rocmar

rocmar

Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500
I don't mind pushin it..on some rocks
....narly hills..but not consent. ..not
a fan..of beatin the s*** out of my stuff
....that's just me...Stomper & I....choose
to ride another day....

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
extreme riding....

There are easier trails there. We were watching all the P1 guys doing Dragonsback and the Widow Maker. @Jshell3 posted one where his parents were in a P5 behind him. That didn't look bad.

Reactions: Jshell3
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
extreme riding....
It was a little expensive but really worth it. It's very family friendly for sure! Trails were whatever someone wanted and were rated easy to hard. Someone could go on a nice cruise or beat it up! There were several different groups of abilities all having a great time. I'm bringing my kids next year.

Reactions: joeymt33
rocmar

rocmar

Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500
There are easier trails there. We were watching all the P1 guys doing Dragonsback and the Widow Maker. @Jshell3 posted one where his parents were in a P5 behind him. That didn't look bad.
I seen that

rocmar

rocmar

Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500
It was a little expensive but really worth it. It's very family friendly for sure! Trails were whatever someone wanted and were rated easy to hard. Someone could go on a nice cruise or beat it up! There were several different groups of abilities all having a great time. I'm bringing my kids next year.
To far...for me... $2
....you could do Disney Land
...need to be closer for others....
to attend...instead of same ole same ole
IMO

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!