Interest in a Talon X/R2, X4 seat cargo deck

Would you be interested in replacing your Talon seats with a cargo deck for overlanding trips?

• A removeable rear seat cargo deck would be useful

Votes: 7 46.7%
  • A removeble front passenger seat cargo deck would be useful

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Not interested. I need the seats and will use the cargo bed space.

Votes: 3 20.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
highpocket74

highpocket74

Vendor
Jul 2, 2019
Kinder, Louisiana
www.10-80dirtsports.com
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon X
I've been scanning and drawing while waiting for my intake pre-filter parts to arrive. Other companies make and sell talon bed packout racks but I might make some of these too. If anything I'll have 2 made for me and father-in-law. This will be 1/8" aluminum also. The boxes snap tightly. The shop will provide a quote on this. If anyone is interested I may list my packout mounts for special order only, unless they sell like hot cakes!

Talon Cargo Bed XL Packout with scans Model

Reactions: Adam490 and Vondy
T

T-4

Dec 17, 2021
Idaho
Ownership

1. Talon X4
I've been scanning and drawing while waiting for my intake pre-filter parts to arrive. Other companies make and sell talon bed packout racks but I might make some of these too. If anything I'll have 2 made for me and father-in-law. This will be 1/8" aluminum also. The boxes snap tightly. The shop will provide a quote on this. If anyone is interested I may list my packout mounts for special order only, unless they sell like hot cakes!

View attachment 317118
Have you decided whether you're going to make one for one side?

highpocket74

highpocket74

Vendor
Jul 2, 2019
Kinder, Louisiana
www.10-80dirtsports.com
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon X
Have you decided whether you're going to make one for one side?
One side of the rear seat or the bed?
I haven't been able to scan the X4 yet. Got to get my intakes rolling out first.
I can design and have built whatever you guys want. The shop gives me no minimum order requirements. But custom orders may take 3-4 weeks to ship.

T

T-4

Dec 17, 2021
Idaho
Ownership

1. Talon X4
Rear seat, left side specifically. When you have the dimensions (for all options/designs) could you share those also?
Thanks

highpocket74

highpocket74

Vendor
Jul 2, 2019
Kinder, Louisiana
www.10-80dirtsports.com
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon X
Another view of the rear packout box mount. Almost ready to send this to the shop for cutting and bending of sample to verify fit. Nothing groundbreaking but an alternative to other packout mounts out there. This will also be aluminum, my choice of metal to work with for the environment we're in all the time. I'll update on the cost after I get the sample tested and a quote from the shop.
Talon Cargo Bed XL Packout Model

Reactions: Sheetmetalfab
T

T-4

Dec 17, 2021
Idaho
Ownership

1. Talon X4
Another view of the rear packout box mount. Almost ready to send this to the shop for cutting and bending of sample to verify fit. Nothing groundbreaking but an alternative to other packout mounts out there. This will also be aluminum, my choice of metal to work with for the environment we're in all the time. I'll update on the cost after I get the sample tested and a quote from the shop.
View attachment 318156
Would only be interested in aluminum. The packout Boxes hold no appeal for my type of use.
I will be interested to see the finished product and pricing.

highpocket74

highpocket74

Vendor
Jul 2, 2019
Kinder, Louisiana
www.10-80dirtsports.com
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon X
I hear you T-4. This design was made while waiting on my intake pre-filter parts to arrive. After I get these rolling out then I should be able to make some drawings for an aluminum deck for the X4 rear seats.

Just imagining how this will work, I'll probably have 2 halves that can be installed together or independently to replace one or both rear seats for cargo space. I'm thinking this will be 1/4" aluminum decking with abundant tie-down anchor points. Also thinking for the packout guys, that I can have holes predrilled ready to install the Milwaukee packout base at each seat.

T

T-4

Dec 17, 2021
Idaho
Ownership

1. Talon X4
I hear you T-4. This design was made while waiting on my intake pre-filter parts to arrive. After I get these rolling out then I should be able to make some drawings for an aluminum deck for the X4 rear seats.

Just imagining how this will work, I'll probably have 2 halves that can be installed together or independently to replace one or both rear seats for cargo space. I'm thinking this will be 1/4" aluminum decking with abundant tie-down anchor points. Also thinking for the packout guys, that I can have holes predrilled ready to install the Milwaukee packout base at each seat.
I would say 1/4 inch is too thick. I would probably look at 3 sixteenths. This is not a large space and I think 3 or 4 bolt in anchor points on each side would be plenty.
I still have not gotten my 1000 X4 yet so I don't know the anchor arrangements under the seat bottoms well.. It would be nice to have one side, perhaps the right side extend across the center to the other seat so that you had 1 that was longer than the other and you could just pull out the 2nd seat and complete the entire thing if/when you need more space. Just a thought and it may be much easier just to make 2 separate ones. You'll know once you take a look at the set up. I think I said I was interested in left side earlier but I meant rear right side.
Just me thinking about my uses and needs.

Vondy

Vondy

Lifetime Member
Mar 10, 2015
Houston,OH
Ownership

1. Talon X4
Hows the rear cargo decks for pack outs coming?

T

T-4

Dec 17, 2021
Idaho
Ownership

1. Talon X4
I haave gotten my Talon a few weeks ago....and have built in the back seat area for my yellow lab, so I'm no longer a candidate. I wish you well with them and appreciate folks like you who create.

highpocket74

highpocket74

Vendor
Jul 2, 2019
Kinder, Louisiana
www.10-80dirtsports.com
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon X
No problem and thank you! My deck will be a while since I’ve not really gotten to work on it. So many ideas and no time!! I have been overwhelmed with my intake kits selling. All my fab time has been spent on intakes. It’s good and bad! I’m barely ahead of orders coming in!

BobFarrell

BobFarrell

Lifetime Member
Mar 17, 2022
Arizona
Ownership

1. Talon X
My mind never stops!
Last year I designed my Talon under seat cargo boxes and during that time I mocked up a large rear seat box that could be used in place of either or both rear seats for those who make long overlanding trips. That cargo box would be expensive.

Lately I've been thinking about designing a cargo deck that would bolt down in place of both rear seats. The platform would have numerous tie down points so people could use plastic storage totes to transport gear, preferably what their gear is stored in all the time. As for construction I think 1/4" aluminum would be sufficiently strong and light weight. I have nothing on paper yet. It's all in my head! I'd make the deck level, not slanted like a seat bottom.

I could design a smaller cargo deck for the passenger seat in an X/R 2 seat.

Give me some feedback please.

If I could get my hands on a local 4 seater I could laser scan the rear seat area and design from that. Front passenger seat would be the same for 2 or 4 seat Talon.
Sorry if I'm late to the party. I have a dog that loves to go for rides in my Talon X2. It would be great if there was a platform that sits where the passenger seat is and goes from the seat back to the dash for a larger sitting area.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!