Internet TV Streaming Suggestions/Help

Bighat

Bighat

Nov 25, 2021
Gallipolis Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Sorry, kinda long

I've had DISH since 2005. It had very good customer service for problem resolution and reliability, for many years. No complaints.

But.... For over a year, due to financial disputes, I've had no Fox Network. So, no NFL games on Sunday on that channel. No playoffs, and if they get the Superbowl, that either.

Not many MLB playoffs, etc., and no programs on Fox Network at all.

Same story with MeTv. I like some of the older shows that were actually funny and not woke crap. People often said my father was Andy Griffith. There was a problem that arose, and there was a right and wrong and a just solution.

I understand computers, phones, networks, technology.

But, Internet tv was not something I learned about, as I didn't need it.

For high speed 🙄 Internet thru Windstream, I had to have a basic phone. The phone had no long distance, no caller ID provision, no call blocking, etc., couldn't send long distance faxes.

I had a phone line/number on the house and the same in the shop.

For 100. Meg service that was really about 85 Meg, and that non useful phone, I was paying about $115/month. X 2, for home and shop.. $230, and $200 for Dish.

After removing programming and not giving me a discount, DISH just kept raising rates. They offered me like $3! For three months with no guarantee that programming would then return.

Windstream... This is
October 24th. I have had no Internet service since September 27th.

They kept making repair tickets. Tech came out, and said the problem was in the switch, about 1/8th mile away.

Said another tech or their boss would come out and fix everything and I'd be back on line THAT day. Then they closed the ticket. I'd call and they would say YOUR NEW TICKET IS EXPEDITED.

Reality, another, 8+ days and same thing would occur. Another failure, another closed ticket. But, kept billing.

I'm done.

Today I had SPARKLIGHT Internet installed. 600 Meg service and VOI phone with caller ID and unlimited long distance.

I only have the phone as an emergency backup. I live and l alone and after a stroke thought a backup was only prudent.

FINALLY.... I know there are very knowledgeable and experienced people here.

I have , 10 TVs, but really only use two. In the house an LED smart TV and on the shop, an older non smart TV. A Hewlett-Packard plasma with SV HDMI port.

I mainly listen to it while working. Watch only for a replay, when I missed a good play.

I bought two down r 4k devices as they will work with both TVs, but if when I upgrade, I won't have to upgrade the Firestick.

Okay, YOU MAKE THE CALL (like the old commercial).

I was gonna go to YouTube TV, but they don't offer REELZ channel.

I want local three ABC, CBS and NBC. I want the Weather Channel, Fox, NEWSMAX, REELZ, ESPN, DISCOVERY, History, Nat Geo, Animal Planet, Science, Smithsonian.

I like many others, mainly those .

Can anyone suggest besides YouTube TV, what other streaming service am I going to need to get?

If it matters, I'm an Amazon prime member.
I hope this is clear, if not, please ask.

Thank you very much 👂

I bought Sling (both orange and blue packages) plus the sports add-on at the beginning of football season. Imagine my surprise on Saturday when I could not watch my beloved Tar Heels lay an egg at home vs a 1-win UVa because the game was exclusively on the CW network. I've got hundreds of channels, but apparently the CW ain't one of them. How did they end up with a football contract anyway?

Good luck to anyone trying to navigate streaming TV services.
Sorry, kinda long

I've had DISH since 2005. It had very good customer service for problem resolution and reliability, for many years. No complaints.

But.... For over a year, due to financial disputes, I've had no Fox Network. So, no NFL games on Sunday on that channel. No playoffs, and if they get the Superbowl, that either.

Not many MLB playoffs, etc., and no programs on Fox Network at all.

Same story with MeTv. I like some of the older shows that were actually funny and not woke crap. People often said my father was Andy Griffith. There was a problem that arose, and there was a right and wrong and a just solution.

I understand computers, phones, networks, technology.

But, Internet tv was not something I learned about, as I didn't need it.

For high speed 🙄 Internet thru Windstream, I had to have a basic phone. The phone had no long distance, no caller ID provision, no call blocking, etc., couldn't send long distance faxes.

I had a phone line/number on the house and the same in the shop.

For 100. Meg service that was really about 85 Meg, and that non useful phone, I was paying about $115/month. X 2, for home and shop.. $230, and $200 for Dish.

After removing programming and not giving me a discount, DISH just kept raising rates. They offered me like $3! For three months with no guarantee that programming would then return.

Windstream... This is
October 24th. I have had no Internet service since September 27th.

They kept making repair tickets. Tech came out, and said the problem was in the switch, about 1/8th mile away.

Said another tech or their boss would come out and fix everything and I'd be back on line THAT day. Then they closed the ticket. I'd call and they would say YOUR NEW TICKET IS EXPEDITED.

Reality, another, 8+ days and same thing would occur. Another failure, another closed ticket. But, kept billing.

I'm done.

Today I had SPARKLIGHT Internet installed. 600 Meg service and VOI phone with caller ID and unlimited long distance.

I only have the phone as an emergency backup. I live and l alone and after a stroke thought a backup was only prudent.

FINALLY.... I know there are very knowledgeable and experienced people here.

I have , 10 TVs, but really only use two. In the house an LED smart TV and on the shop, an older non smart TV. A Hewlett-Packard plasma with SV HDMI port.

I mainly listen to it while working. Watch only for a replay, when I missed a good play.

I bought two down r 4k devices as they will work with both TVs, but if when I upgrade, I won't have to upgrade the Firestick.

Okay, YOU MAKE THE CALL (like the old commercial).

I was gonna go to YouTube TV, but they don't offer REELZ channel.

I want local three ABC, CBS and NBC. I want the Weather Channel, Fox, NEWSMAX, REELZ, ESPN, DISCOVERY, History, Nat Geo, Animal Planet, Science, Smithsonian.

I like many others, mainly those .

Can anyone suggest besides YouTube TV, what other streaming service am I going to need to get?

If it matters, I'm an Amazon prime member.

I hope this is clear, if not, please ask.

Thank you very much 👂
Ok, here it is. I went from the Big Dish to antenna tv and a Nvidia Shield internet gaming box. I don't game, but this is the best box you can get. You will then have android TV with this box. You can download all kinds of apps for free and watch all kinds of free tv and movies and sports, etc. Apps like Google TV, Tubi, CW, and so on. I have friends that didn't listen to me got something else and it doesn't compare to what I can watch for free. And they add freatures to the device all the time, it updates like your android phone.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!