Is it unreasonable to ask for a loaner rig when your new machine is in the shop for warranty work?

GlockMeister

GlockMeister

The Bearded Wonder
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
May 11, 2016
Greenville, Mo
Ownership

1. 1000-5
3f2

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
I got my Talon on the 27th, had it for 3 weekends and the dealer had it last weekend and has no idea when they will be done with it. So for sure this week end and I'm betting next weekend. Which, at that time, will be half of the time I've owned it.

Of course, I don't "need" it to get to work or anything,l like if my truck were at the dealer. But I didn't spend almost $40k on this machine (with tax and accessories) to miss out on trip after trip.

This is my first experience with a new powersport machine, so I'm curious, Would it be unreasonable to ask for a loaner rig?
If it’s your transportation to work I suppose not.....:D

H

hondabob

Lifetime Member
May 14, 2013
Prescott Valley, AZ
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-3
If it works ok for your rides see if you can pick it up for the weekend rides and return it on Monday. It will get fixed but it does suck to miss rides and your Polaris buddies will be having way too much fun at your expense.

Jefferson87

Jefferson87

Dec 27, 2019
Northern California
Ownership

1. Talon X4
If it works ok for your rides see if you can pick it up for the weekend rides and return it on Monday. It will get fixed but it does suck to miss rides and your Polaris buddies will be having way too much fun at your expense.

They have it all torn apart and it pops out of low range.

SpeedBuggy

SpeedBuggy

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 1, 2020
WA
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon R
I hope you have your Talon back. If not you might want to try creating an escalation case with American Honda Motorsports. I had good luck when I bent the frame on my1000R and was told it was going to be 3 months for a new frame On back order. AHM was very motivated to help me get my Talon back on the trails and had a tracking number to my dealer within two days of my escalation and the frame arrived in 3 days. I know it is a different situation but wanted to throw it out.

I did ask for a loaner and was told a hard NO. They said we saw what you did to yours and don’t loan to people like you. Then the service writer asked if my address and phone were still the same from a month earlier when I bought it. It was all in good fun.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!