BOX1

P1000 Is the extra $ worth it for LE vs deluxe?

M

MaineMudder

Oct 27, 2019
maine
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
New to the site. have done some extensive research into the 1000-5 sxs's. and have decide this is the machine i want. 70% of the riding i wont have extra people but my kids will most likely with me the other amount of time. here is maine the delearships dont carry a lot of honda sxs's and no place to test ride. where it will be my first sxs, Im wondering if the LE is worth the extra money over the deluxe? Ive seen a similar post but back in 2017. wondering peoples thoughts on the newer versions since 2020's are hitting the floor.

Reactions: sharp
J

jajohn00

Nov 16, 2018
US
I love my 2019. This is last Saturday at Big Trinity Lake, Idaho. Close to 8,000 ft. 8" snow and snowing. Got to see 3 moose. A8b6da25050d2b9f4c8d6e14acf5771e

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

J

Jimmy-AZ

Lifetime Member
May 9, 2017
Gold Canyon, AZ
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Yes, if you consider; i4d, alum skid plate, A-arm guards, shocks, 14" custom trims and max 2.0 tires. I went through the same thought process and don't forget the labor.

Sent from my SM-T837V using Tapatalk

Adam490

Adam490

HFA Grand High Wizard
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Apr 7, 2019
Covington, LA
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R LV
All depends on what you want. You can buy everything separate for the Deluxe or base model that comes on the LE minus the i4WD (painted plastics, skid, shocks, a-arm guards, under-dash storage, LE wheels, etc). I personally wanted a locking front diff, so that meant no LE for me. Either way you go, they are great machines.

M

MaineMudder

Oct 27, 2019
maine
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
i thought the difference between the deluxe and le was that you gain i4wd and lose turf? dont they both come with 4wd lock?

All depends on what you want. You can buy everything separate for the Deluxe or base model that comes on the LE minus the i4WD (painted plastics, skid, shocks, a-arm guards, under-dash storage, LE wheels, etc). I personally wanted a locking front diff, so that meant no LE for me. Either way you go, they are great machines.

Reactions: TimG
M

MaineMudder

Oct 27, 2019
maine
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Do you find yourself using the i4wd a lot? would you rather have turf mode?

I love my 2019. This is last Saturday at Big Trinity Lake, Idaho. Close to 8,000 ft. 8" snow and snowing. Got to see 3 moose. View attachment 163429

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5
i thought the difference between the deluxe and le was that you gain i4wd and lose turf? dont they both come with 4wd lock?
To clarify.
The difference between the Deluxe and LE is i-4wd, shocks, skid plates, bumper, painted plastics, and other things.
Both have turf mode.

Deluxe has true 4x4 lock.
LE only has i-4wd.

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Welcome to the club BTW.
I would say it all depends on the price. We ride with several i4wd models and they do excellent.
I think many lean towards the non-i4wd is because they don't like all the extra electronics controlling things.

J

jajohn00

Nov 16, 2018
US
I have had lockers before I bought the LE with the I4WD. When I am using it I have never felt like I was missing anything traction wise and I love the fact that I get zero feedback, kick, or binding through the steering wheel.
I have used it in steep rocks, mud, snow, and water crossings.
It is the first SxS or ATV I have owned with the transmition in stead of a belt. It took me some getting used to but now the shifting feels very smooth.
I am very happy with my purchase so far.

Adam490

Adam490

HFA Grand High Wizard
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Apr 7, 2019
Covington, LA
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R LV
The only time I've ever personally seen any issue with the i4WD was in really deep mud. A Talon R was following us and there's a spot where you have to drop down into a hole while turning that's off-camber, so one side is in deep mud while the other is just barely off the ground. You need both front wheels spinning so the outside one will grab on the hard ground as it claws forward in order to pull out, but the i4WD wouldn't let the outer wheel turn. I've never seen an LE Pioneer out at the ATV park near me, but there are quite a few Talons.

Russ989

Russ989

Land of the free because of the Brave! 🇺🇸
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 18, 2017
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Welcome to the club BTW.
I would say it all depends on the price. We ride with several i4wd models and they do excellent.
I think many lean towards the non-i4wd is because they don't like all the extra electronics controlling things.
That’s my exact reason for not going LE. I want everything on the rig except for that.

K

KeithinLouisiana

Oct 6, 2019
Louisiana
Ownership

1. 700-2
Is it worth it is a hard question we each have to answer for ourself. What is a necessity to one is a luxury to another. Good features for a beginner might be a detriment to someone highly experienced. It all depends on what you want/need and how much money you either have or don’t have. Input from others is good but only you can determine the value proportion. Good news is there is no bad choice here. Good luck.

Todd627

Todd627

HondaSxS Club Stress Management Director
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 4, 2018
MI
"there is no bad choice here" sums it up. Well said @KeithinLouisiana :D

Reactions: Mudwing
R

rickoshea

for me personally,i can upgrade almost anything but i wanted a locking front diff,so the le was out for me.i can do a lot of upgrades for the 5k difference.like elkas and a hard cab difference.

Dirtstiffs-1000

Dirtstiffs-1000

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Nov 3, 2018
Republican from the wet side of Oregonifornia
hondasxs.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5
The only time I've ever personally seen any issue with the i4WD was in really deep mud. A Talon R was following us and there's a spot where you have to drop down into a hole while turning that's off-camber, so one side is in deep mud while the other is just barely off the ground. You need both front wheels spinning so the outside one will grab on the hard ground as it claws forward in order to pull out, but the i4WD wouldn't let the outer wheel turn. I've never seen an LE Pioneer out at the ATV park near me, but there are quite a few Talons.

Same bs story with no pics. I have pulled lockers out with my i4wd...

R

rickoshea

us guys that spent years 4 wheeling with open diffs in our 4x4's know how to "trick" the diffs into locking with a little applied brake.i4wd is no different.it does electronically what we did with our feet.it's just not the same as a locker.

Reactions: Isaiah
Adam490

Adam490

HFA Grand High Wizard
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Apr 7, 2019
Covington, LA
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R LV
No need to get butthurt about it, it was the only time I've ever seen the magic 4WD not "magically" work. I didn't feel the need to take a picture of the guy sitting there with nothing happening, it was simply an observation that I shared. I have no doubt you've pulled lockers out with your i4WD and I'm sure they appreciated it. Did you take pictures?

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!