P1000 Issues!!!

J

JoshuaKleffner

Aug 14, 2021
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Bought my 2021 1000-5 Deluxe in March. Perfect machine…until the past few weeks. Here are a couple/few issues that the dealer apparently can’t find. Please note these issues are sort of random. One day it runs perfect…then next…well you’ll see.

#1 - After sitting all night, when I turn the key on to let it cycle before starting, it’s already in 2nd gear. I’m still able to start it, but it will no go anywhere in any gear. I can seem to hear it try to engage when switching gears, but nothing. Turn machine off…turn it back on…perfect.

#2 - After sitting all night, I turn the machine on and put in H. Machine will not shift out of first gear. After a few attempts of stopping and starting it may finally shift, but HARD and after extreme RPM. Then will constantly slip while driving. Turn machine off…turn back on…perfect.

#3 - Since problem # 2 was happening and the dealer wouldn’t help, I decided to drive it in manual full time. Worked great for a week or so, then on day wouldn’t even let me get out of 1st gear with the paddle shifter.

Again, these aren’t every time riding. Rode today and perfect so far. Tomorrow could be different. It’s just frustrating bc the dealer swears they can’t get it to act up. This also coincidentally all started happening after my first service…if that matters.

Thanks in advance for any help…

Rayger143

Rayger143

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Aug 5, 2020
Winfield, BC Canada
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I'm no expert but sounds like connection or harness problem to me. I would there should be codes stored. Try another dealer? Someone will chime in here that knows about your issues. Would be frustrating. Good luck.

JenElio

JenElio

NTC's NoMo Chupacabra Caliente!!....
Lifetime Member
Oct 31, 2019
Loxahatchee, florida
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Bought my 2021 1000-5 Deluxe in March. Perfect machine…until the past few weeks. Here are a couple/few issues that the dealer apparently can’t find. Please note these issues are sort of random. One day it runs perfect…then next…well you’ll see.

#1 - After sitting all night, when I turn the key on to let it cycle before starting, it’s already in 2nd gear. I’m still able to start it, but it will no go anywhere in any gear. I can seem to hear it try to engage when switching gears, but nothing. Turn machine off…turn it back on…perfect.

#2 - After sitting all night, I turn the machine on and put in H. Machine will not shift out of first gear. After a few attempts of stopping and starting it may finally shift, but HARD and after extreme RPM. Then will constantly slip while driving. Turn machine off…turn back on…perfect.

#3 - Since problem # 2 was happening and the dealer wouldn’t help, I decided to drive it in manual full time. Worked great for a week or so, then on day wouldn’t even let me get out of 1st gear with the paddle shifter.

Again, these aren’t every time riding. Rode today and perfect so far. Tomorrow could be different. It’s just frustrating bc the dealer swears they can’t get it to act up. This also coincidentally all started happening after my first service…if that matters.

Thanks in advance for any help…
Welcome to the club 👍

Have you checked to make sure all fluids are at correct levels? That and I would also check all your grounds..... I would make sure all that is in order first, also might want to make sure the shift cables are adjusted properly. Clutch relearn might not hurt either.

Good luck 👍
Keep us posted

Remington

Remington

Fife! POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
I would do what @Rayger143 and @JenElio said. Id take it one step further. Set it up with the dealer Have it on a trailer over night. Take it there in the morning, then be with them to start it and make it do its thing. If there not willing to Accommodate you with that, then F’em and take it to another Honda dealer that wants your business.

Welcome to our club too!
post some pics of your rig! Kinda required! Im being nice ;)

HBarlow

HBarlow

Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2020
Daniels, WV
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Talon X
I think you should take it to a dealer with a better service department.

Just for fun, try disconnecting the battery positive cable and leave it off for a few minutes. It will allow computers and electronics to reset. It doesn't cost anything and is easy to do.

J

JoshuaKleffner

Aug 14, 2021
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Thanks for all the help and advice! I’ll give it some attention tonight after work and keep you updated! I’ll attach pics soon!

P1K5Dave

P1K5Dave

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jul 11, 2020
Petoskey, MI
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Yeah, I've got to go with something electrical, most likely a ground issue. Search the forum on engine ground points so you know where all of them are, and then go in and tighten all of them. Don't just give them a wiggle test, put a wrench to them.

The DCT can be a real pill if it's not getting solid current.

Intermittent issues are the worst, so frustrating. I find they're almost always electrical.

J

JoshuaKleffner

Aug 14, 2021
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Yeah, I've got to go with something electrical, most likely a ground issue. Search the forum on engine ground points so you know where all of them are, and then go in and tighten all of them. Don't just give them a wiggle test, put a wrench to them.

The DCT can be a real pill if it's not getting solid current.

Intermittent issues are the worst, so frustrating. I find they're almost always electrical.
Thanks for all the suggestions! I unhooked the battery for 5 minutes and then hooked it back up…know on wood it’s running better now than ever. Shifting is amazing and smooth, unit is operating perfectly. Attached is a photo of my Pioneer. Anyone have any suggestions on door and bed upgrades to keep from all the rattling?
Thanks!

08C41F44 8255 484A 813A 48FDFDC19253

Russ989

Russ989

Land of the free because of the Brave! 🇺🇸
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 18, 2017
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
RB3 Door Bushings
Honda Pioneer 1000-5 Bed Noise

Reactions: Lady01
Russ989

Russ989

Land of the free because of the Brave! 🇺🇸
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 18, 2017
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Thanks for all the suggestions! I unhooked the battery for 5 minutes and then hooked it back up…know on wood it’s running better now than ever. Shifting is amazing and smooth, unit is operating perfectly. Attached is a photo of my Pioneer. Anyone have any suggestions on door and bed upgrades to keep from all the rattling?
Thanks!

View attachment 294543
I posted a few videos for you.

Reactions: Lady01
advertisement