P500 It’s true...

Derail

Derail

Aug 31, 2017
Southern Ohio
Ownership

1. 500
I bought the second P500 that the local dealer got. They had one in stock. It was red. Not my first color choice but what the hell, I was anxious for a SXS and the P500 was the first buggy I saw that I thought thought could replace my trusty 4 wheeler. So I bought it. A few weeks later I stopped in at the Honda shop and they had a blue P500. I remarked to my friend that worked there that I thought the blue looked really cool. He then told me that a couple days earlier a fella bought a P500 and had to have the camo version. All they had in stock were blue ones so they ordered camo body panels and switched them out for the customer. Long story short, he ended up with a set of blue body panels and sold them to me at a BIG discount. I brought the new body panels home and stuck them in the attic of my garage. Fast forward a couple years and I ordered a set of Walker Evans shocks, new wheels, and bigger tires for my buggy. Figured it was a good time to switch to the new body panels. Put the blue bodywork on this evening and it is true...the BLUE ONES are faster. Took a brief ride and I figure it is at least a 3 to 5 HP increase. Amazing. May schedule a dyno session to confirm my suspicions. DISCLAIMER: It’s several months til April and figured I would post my April Fool’s Day Joke a little early. But seriously I do like my new blue body panels.

Last edited:
JCart

JCart

Lifetime Member
Jul 14, 2014
Kamloops, BC Canada.
Ownership

1. 500
No doubt Blue is Puurdy and I like the idea of squirrelling away panels for an increase in power.... I can’t do Blue a buddy of mine has a P7 in Blue and I’d never hear the end of that. I like the Camo and the newer more olive green is nice too, hmmm what to do, I’m thinking exhaust and controller might help with current old school green and make it peppier, time will tell. Still like the idea of squirrelling panels in the shop attic.
j

Reactions: SILVER_ALERT

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!