Talon Jackson Racing Turbo Update

Dunegod

Dunegod

Mar 8, 2019
Mesa Az
Ownership

1. Other Brand
Just received notice they aren’t shipping until end of January. Two seater kits only and the four seaters are still in testing.

1HasBeen

Oct 20, 2019
Wickenburg, AZ
Ownership

1. Other Brand
I was glad to see them affirm that they do have their EPA approvals, so that's not an issue.

M

Moto4

Mar 18, 2019
Vermont
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon X
Just received notice they aren’t shipping until end of January. Two seater kits only and the four seaters are still in testing.
Do you know what's been holding up the release? Have they released a final horse power rating? I'm almost ready to pull the trigger but I was hoping to get someone's evaluation of installation and trail riding with the turbo.

Dunegod

Dunegod

Mar 8, 2019
Mesa Az
Ownership

1. Other Brand
Do you know what's been holding up the release? Have they released a final horse power rating? I'm almost ready to pull the trigger but I was hoping to get someone's evaluation of installation and trail riding with the turbo.

The same thing they’ve been saying since September, trying to get their supply chain up to speed on production components. Haven’t seen a final hp rating confirmed.

H

HondaTech

Apparently the EPA approval held them back and production hasn't reached full title either.

They also cited the holidays. But I would think you would be prepared to cover those bases or have that inc check before setting a date you cant meet. It's been a thing with Honda here lately.

M

Moto4

Mar 18, 2019
Vermont
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon X
Apparently the EPA approval held them back and production hasn't reached full title either.

They also cited the holidays. But I would think you would be prepared to cover those bases or have that inc check before setting a date you cant meet. It's been a thing with Honda here lately.

Does anyone know if you have to have the dealer install the turbo to keep the warranty, like the YXZ? I would like to install it myself but I would hate to throw away my extended warranty.

Jefferson87

Jefferson87

Dec 27, 2019
Northern California
Ownership

1. Talon X4
Does anyone know if you have to have the dealer install the turbo to keep the warranty, like the YXZ? I would like to install it myself but I would hate to throw away my extended warranty.

That's what my dealer told me. They also said no turbo for the 4 seater until March or later. Oh well, probably better to not have the temptation :D

Jefferson87

Jefferson87

Dec 27, 2019
Northern California
Ownership

1. Talon X4
Its out there for preorder. So it is getting close. Would love to test it out or at least see some real world reviews before parting with $6k.

Honda Talon Turbocharger System – Jackson Racing

Funny how "about $5k" became almost $6k.

I'm surprised that it makes that much increase with only 8 psi. I'd bet it will take 12 psi no problem. I'm anxious to see someone try some high octane, some tuning and see what this motor can do :D

1HasBeen

Oct 20, 2019
Wickenburg, AZ
Ownership

1. Other Brand
To reliably run much higher boost would likely require lower compression pistons. No idea what the stock rods are capable of.

Reactions: CumminsPusher
Jefferson87

Jefferson87

Dec 27, 2019
Northern California
Ownership

1. Talon X4
To reliably run much higher boost would likely require lower compression pistons. No idea what the stock rods are capable of.

Most n/a automotive engines can take 8 lbs or close to it. If honda is maintaining the factory warranty with 8 lbs, you can bet it will take more with the right tuning and fuel.

Reactions: stellarpod
H

HondaTech

Just got word before we left work, will see 1 of our 2 kits next week.

They said they have been working around the clock to get atleast 1 kit to everyone. They will call next week to discuss the others.

Also said it works best with stock exhaust and to not tune with anything but their tuner. It won't make any more power.

They've also spent 5 weeks with the KOH cars tuning their stuff.

Jefferson87

Jefferson87

Dec 27, 2019
Northern California
Ownership

1. Talon X4
Just got word before we left work, will see 1 of our 2 kits next week.

They said they have been working around the clock to get atleast 1 kit to everyone. They will call next week to discuss the others.

Also said it works best with stock exhaust and to not tune with anything but their tuner. It won't make any more power.

They've also spent 5 weeks with the KOH cars tuning their stuff.

I have hard time believing it won't make any more power with a more freely flowing exhaust. Turbos like as little back pressure as possible.

Reactions: popeye and IDIOT
JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
I have hard time believing it won't make any more power with a more freely flowing exhaust. Turbos like as little back pressure as possible.
They have this setup specifically to remain CARB compliant so it can be sponsored by Honda. I am sure there will be a "race only" version with a hotter tune and better exhaust all as a kit. Just a matter of time before there are 190 HP Talons with the race kit.

Jefferson87

Jefferson87

Dec 27, 2019
Northern California
Ownership

1. Talon X4
They have this setup specifically to remain CARB compliant so it can be sponsored by Honda. I am sure there will be a "race only" version with a hotter tune and better exhaust all as a kit. Just a matter of time before there are 190 HP Talons with the race kit.

I get that, just funny that they said it won't make anymore power.

I'd like to do a "shocker" like they do on the can ams. An Electric cut out right at the turbo, so you can hit a switch and hear the turbo, or just have the stock muffler

Reactions: Chrisx1300
T

Tommer

Oct 6, 2019
Minneapolis
Ownership

1. Talon X
The power vision 3 I bought is looking like an overpriced diagnostic reader now as the kit comes with its own tuner.

1HasBeen

Oct 20, 2019
Wickenburg, AZ
Ownership

1. Other Brand
I forwarded those pictures to my buddy, who has been waiting on his. That should rev him up!

C

Chrisx1300

Jul 10, 2019
Mesa, AZ
Ownership

1. Talon R
Does anyone know the exact horse power increase? They keep saying 60% increase but on the videos on YouTube when they show the kit they talk about 170+

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!