Talon Jackson Racing Turbo Update

M

Moto4

Mar 18, 2019
Vermont
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon X
Pics that Oscar Jackson posted on FB this morning. Looks like they are on the UPS truck and going out.

View attachment 18180183615716_10215847459520127_8904217625588924416_o by TerryHatfield, on Flickr

View attachment 18180283663536_10215847460120142_8509007576963219456_o by TerryHatfield, on Flickr
Got my turbo Kit yesterday. Probably won't have time for a week or two before I cab do install. I unpacked it last night. I am totally impressed with what I see. Packaging, components, and hardware are top notch and everything is well labeled. Survived the UPS trip from California to Vermont with no damage. Best, most detailed Instruction Book I have ever seen. Looks like it shouldn't be too bad to install. Very complete kit. Even includes the drill bits for installing the vacuum hose fitting in the throttle body.

M

Moto4

Mar 18, 2019
Vermont
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon X
Please for your sake, cover all the holes up when installing this kit, I've seen alot of post with pictures showing open intakes and turbos with nothing covering them during install. It doesnt take a whole lot to destroy this stuff.
I agree 100%. I have thoroughly cleaned the engine and engine area and have clean rags ready to plug any openings as I disassemble.

GBell

GBell

Apr 21, 2020
Missouri
Ownership

1. Talon X4
I got my 4 seat live valve kit over a week ago. It took me more then the 5 hrs others have mentioned but i was in no hurry. I have built several turbo headers and done a ton of custom turbo builds. I will say the components are very very nice. Cast Stainless collector! cast SS flange exiting the turbo! Fitment was spot on as well. It looks factory and Oscar Jackson is a great person to deal with. Now for how it ran remember this is in my 4 seater i weigh 209 and my son is around 140 we drag raced in the sand with 32" paddles against a RZR RS1 it "COULDN'T" run with this thing! Off the line it would jump out about a full length but i could drive right around it. From a roll i could run off and leave it. The RS1 had 30" paddles on it.

20200412 155036 20200412 155055 20200326 004317

G

Grumpygramps

Jul 7, 2019
Oregon
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I got my 4 seat live valve kit over a week ago. It took me more then the 5 hrs others have mentioned but i was in no hurry. I have built several turbo headers and done a ton of custom turbo builds. I will say the components are very very nice. Cast Stainless collector! cast SS flange exiting the turbo! Fitment was spot on as well. It looks factory and Oscar Jackson is a great person to deal with. Now for how it ran remember this is in my 4 seater i weigh 209 and my son is around 140 we drag raced in the sand with 32" paddles against a RZR RS1 it "COULDN'T" run with this thing! Off the line it would jump out about a full length but i could drive right around it. From a roll i could run off and leave it. The RS1 had 30" paddles on it.

View attachment 198516 View attachment 198517 View attachment 198518
Wow sounds good. Was just about to order a particle seperator for my live valve but thought I’d ask about the filter that goes with the turbo. Sense the old filter area is now full of cool stuff where did they mount the air intake and filter? Also how much of a job is it to get it out to service? Thx

GBell

GBell

Apr 21, 2020
Missouri
Ownership

1. Talon X4
Wow sounds good. Was just about to order a particle seperator for my live valve but thought I’d ask about the filter that goes with the turbo. Sense the old filter area is now full of cool stuff where did they mount the air intake and filter? Also how much of a job is it to get it out to service? Thx
Its under the passenger side air vent. Its not as easy as the stock filter to get to but packaging is limited and i personally think they put it in the only place they could!

M

Moto4

Mar 18, 2019
Vermont
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon X
Does anyone know the exact horse power increase? They keep saying 60% increase but on the videos on YouTube when they show the kit they talk about 170+
The Jackson Racing website now has a dyno chart. Rear Wheel HP went from 89.95 to 143.61 (60%) and torque went from 70.86 to 122.5 (75%). Note that there has been mention on You Tube of issues when running at high altitudes. Mine is running great but I haven't been above 2000 ft yet

Reactions: jasond and TripleB
M

Moto4

Mar 18, 2019
Vermont
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon X
Has anyone tried the Jackson Racing updated Firmware for the Turbo? I am holding off on installing it. I run under 2500' so I haven't had any issues. I don't want to have it messed up for the 4th of July weekend. Jackson Racing says improved overall drivability whatever that means. I'm hoping it will improve low end response.

H

HondaTech

Has anyone tried the Jackson Racing updated Firmware for the Turbo? I am holding off on installing it. I run under 2500' so I haven't had any issues. I don't want to have it messed up for the 4th of July weekend. Jackson Racing says improved overall drivability whatever that means. I'm hoping it will improve low end response.

We have a new unit on the floor to update, my GM is debating on updating his.

Don't know if he plans on using the car before we tear it down for upgrades 😏

BPINE

BPINE

Nov 15, 2019
San Jose, Ca
www.youtube.com
Ownership

1. Talon R
We have a new unit on the floor to update, my GM is debating on updating his.

Don't know if he plans on using the car before we tear it down for upgrades 😏
I spoke with Oscar the other day and I think there is more to it than just elevation as they stated , the tune needed a lot of work and I am loading it for sure. I am also a sea level guy and haven't had much trouble but I am going to a higher elevation very soon so I don't have a choice. Other forum results seem to be very positive so I would do it.

Reactions: TripleB
H

HondaTech

I spoke with Oscar the other day and I think there is more to it than just elevation as they stated , the tune needed a lot of work and I am loading it for sure. I am also a sea level guy and haven't had much trouble but I am going to a higher elevation very soon so I don't have a choice. Other forum results seem to be very positive so I would do it.

He's going a different route, so their tune will be useless anyway. We have until August before the next race. He just hasn't decided if he's using the car for a trip before the stuff arrives.

F

Fyathyrio

Sep 24, 2019
Utah
Ownership

1. Talon R
When I dropped my Talon off yesterday for the recall inspection, a 4 seat Talon came tire squealing into the lot, and the driver had a big ol' s***-eating grin. He had just come back from a test drive of his turbo'd setup with the new firmware and was finally happy with the high altitude operation. (Dealer is near 6k ft) Yeah, totally anecdotal, but there ya go.

J

Jmayle

Sep 11, 2020
Wv
Ownership

1. Talon X4

View attachment 198516 View attachment 198517 View attachment 198518
you think we could get a video of how four-seater does with the turbo

Reactions: Sheetmetalfab
Lil_Steve

Lil_Steve

May 22, 2019
Gilbert, AZ
Ownership

1. Talon R
The SXSBlog guys finally installed theirs and mentioned Jackson will be coming out with what sounds like a "Race" version that'll work with aftermarket exhaust.

Thanks for posting that! I'm very happy to see that it's a very complete and impressive kit. It just sucks when you spend good money and wind up having to either buy more stuff or modify things because of fitment issues.

I couldn't help but cringe through the installation, for fecks sake, couldn't they have power washed or at least rinsed the engine before installing the kit?

Watching that renewed my interest in getting that kit. Overall I'm pretty happy with the power of the Talon, but with 32" tires I'm wishing I had a bit more, especially when running above 5000' in elevation. It's also appealing to keep the stock exhaust to keep the noise down.

60862385.jpg

H

HondaTech

The SXSBlog guys finally installed theirs and mentioned Jackson will be coming out with what sounds like a "Race" version that'll work with aftermarket exhaust.

Jackson does have a race tune/kit in the works. The carb legal version had to come first.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!