JayPo's 2024 Talon 1000R

DRZRon1

DRZRon1

May 11, 2019
PA
Ownership

1. Talon X
Took the ole Talon out on some fairly easy trails for the first time.

Before (it will never be this clean again):
View attachment 437787

After 2 miles:
View attachment 437788

I've never had a buggy that throws so much mud. My back, front, and left side were just covered as was the mirrors and windshield. I'm gonna have to do something to help with this.

Other than the excessive mud, the Talon did very good. Only rode 20 miles and kind of took it easy.

I also need to figure something out with storage, both in the back and in the cab.
thats awesome :) - it will never be the same - the mud is the fun of it

Scoop

Scoop

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 7, 2021
Michigan
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon R LV
Yeah I'm pretty sure after yesterday's ride, both Mudbusters and Packout are on the list.
If I had it to do over again, I'd probably go with the OEM overfenders instead of the full Mudbusters set.

@TimG has the overfenders all the way around plus the rear Mudbusters on his '23 - looks/works great.

GovtMule

GovtMule

NTC’s SoA, Chief Sarcasm Officer-Self Appointed
Lifetime Member
May 19, 2021
Tennessee
Ownership

1. Talon R
If I had it to do over again, I'd probably go with the OEM overfenders instead of the full Mudbusters set.

@TimG has the overfenders all the way around plus the rear Mudbusters on his '23 - looks/works great.
So does @GovtMule , but his aren’t muddy yet.

JayPo

JayPo

Somewhat Well-Known Member
Lifetime Member
Aug 15, 2020
Tennessee
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon R

Why do you think you'd go with OEM vs Mudbusters? Do you have a link to these OEM overfenders you speak of?

GovtMule

GovtMule

Lifetime Member
May 19, 2021
Tennessee
Ownership

1. Talon R
Why do you think you'd go with OEM vs Mudbusters? Do you have a link to these OEM overfenders you speak of?
Stand by. Google Talon fender flares and these will pop up with others. Partzilla was the cheapest with free shipping. Mine came next day.
IMG 8315

advertisement
GovtMule

GovtMule

Lifetime Member
May 19, 2021
Tennessee
Ownership

1. Talon R
Have you even driven that thing yet?
Kinda. It’s been apart in electrical hell for the last 2 weeks. My turnpro arrives tomorrow and I can finally put it all back together. Guess I’ll just zip tie the winch cables since my bumper still hasn’t shipped!

advertisement