GovtMule

GovtMule

NTC’s SoA, Chief Sarcasm Officer-Self Appointed
Lifetime Member
May 19, 2021
Tennessee
Ownership

1. Talon R
I like RokBlokz because they have a bracket on the rears. But I don't like the gap on the fronts. If I get Mudbusters, I can always fabricate a bracket if I feel that is an issue.
I was gonna go RokBlokz but went with the Honda ones because they look more finished. The extra cost sucked but I’d rather have it exactly how I want it, that way I have no ragrets

Scoop

Scoop

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 7, 2021
Michigan
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon R LV
Why do you think you'd go with OEM vs Mudbusters? Do you have a link to these OEM overfenders you speak of?
For the esthetics. The OEM overfender flares look more ... well ... OEM. More finished.

I do think the Mudbusters provide more protection than the Honda flares. I think that's why @TimG installed the overfenders, then installed just the rear Mudbusters.

Since I already have the Mudbusters, I'd only have to get the OEM overfenders and re-use the rear MBs. I know you're shelling out a bunch of money getting that buggy ready, so that may very well be a deal breaker.

advertisement
Scoop

Scoop

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 7, 2021
Michigan
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon R LV
I just looked at the drivers mirror and it does have a missing insert like you noticed. There's no telling how long that has been missing 🤣. I don't really pay attention to stuff like that. The passenger still has the black insert. If you can find your black inserts then I would love to get them (or at least the drivers side). Maybe just bring them to MOM if you find them. Thanks.
Found them, @JayPo. Will bring them to MOM.

20240722 175054

S

Scrappapotamus

The Scrappapotamus
Lifetime Member
Nov 2, 2022
Midway KY
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon R

4. Talon R LV
For the esthetics. The OEM overfender flares look more ... well ... OEM. More finished.

I do think the Mudbusters provide more protection than the Honda flares. I think that's why @TimG installed the overfenders, then installed just the rear Mudbusters.

Since I already have the Mudbusters, I'd only have to get the OEM overfenders and re-use the rear MBs. I know you're shelling out a bunch of money getting that buggy ready, so that may very well be a deal breaker.
Speaking to a group that knows first hand that reaching the point of no return comes quickly when kitting one of these Offroad machines. Splitting hairs on mud protection and then installing radios and an intercom system is kind of like the Pot calling the Kettle Black. A lot of us have built our machines in this manner and I can absolutely justify every purchase on mine. Most every ride has an event that fosters many of the gizmos we install on our rigs. We do these things because we want the protection, performance and a navigation / communication system which may save you, your rig, or maybe someone else going forward. At this point in most of our lives, If it makes you feel good, Do it. Hell, I'm debating whether to install chase lighting on the Talons. Someone talk me down please

GovtMule

GovtMule

NTC’s SoA, Chief Sarcasm Officer-Self Appointed
Lifetime Member
May 19, 2021
Tennessee
Ownership

1. Talon R
Speaking to a group that knows first hand that reaching the point of no return comes quickly when kitting one of these Offroad machines. Splitting hairs on mud protection and then installing radios and an intercom system is kind of like the Pot calling the Kettle Black. A lot of us have built our machines in this manner and I can absolutely justify every purchase on mine. Most every ride has an event that fosters many of the gizmos we install on our rigs. We do these things because we want the protection, performance and a navigation / communication system which may save you, your rig, or maybe someone else going forward. At this point in most of our lives, If it makes you feel good, Do it. Hell, I'm debating whether to install chase lighting on the Talons. Someone talk me down please
Do it!!!

JayPo

JayPo

Somewhat Well-Known Member
Lifetime Member
Aug 15, 2020
Tennessee
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon R
Don't do it. Those things are annoying as hell when you're following one. 🤣

advertisement