highpocket74

Vendor
Jul 2, 2019
Kinder, Louisiana
www.10-80dirtsports.com
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon X
Honda should trash this air box and air intake design and start over. Changing or even checking the filter is over complicated. Surely when they were testing these machines out in the desert they noticed how much dust they were picking up on the filters. No matter what filter is used, unless the intake location changes there will be no improvement in air quality to the filter.

CID

CID

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 27, 2019
SE Denver-ish
Ownership

1. Talon R
My Buddy bought a Twin air and I think it also has a design flaw. The holes don't line up and after JSports got ahold of Twin Air they suggest eliminating the collared washer to make it fit (They are going to change the instructions). IMO this doesn't seem like a good idea, That washer IMO servers a purpose as to not compress and deform the plastic off the stock filter with the bolt still being tight so it won't come loose and fall out. The Twin air is similar and I am not confident that the bolt won't come loose if that flanges spacer washer is removed. You might be able to use some loctite but this is a high maintenance item how many times until the inserts will be a problem?
My thoughts exactly - the function of the collared washers is so you can tighten the screws without distorting the plastic filter surround.

Note that Loctite murders many plastics - if you use it to secure the filter don’t get it on any of the surrounding plastic.

Reactions: Smitty335 and BPINE
highpocket74

highpocket74

Vendor
Jul 2, 2019
Kinder, Louisiana
www.10-80dirtsports.com
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon X
I have a Twin Air Talon kit coming to me to check it out before taking a bunch of orders. Without having one in my hands I can't say that I would like it and use it. Should have it by Tuesday 9/28/21. I'll let you know what I think about it.

Reactions: Smitty335 and CID
highpocket74

highpocket74

Vendor
Jul 2, 2019
Kinder, Louisiana
www.10-80dirtsports.com
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon X
The Talon Twin Air arrived yesterday. It was a busy evening for me so all I was able to do is open the box and look at the filter.

The aluminum mounting flange is nice, seems sturdy and light. Direct form Twin Air they charged me $37 shipping!!! Judging by the size and weight I can ship these for about $8-$16 all day long. My distributor will have lower shipping costs when they get these hopefully soon. Not much profit after that shipping rate is tacked on!

The filter is usual Twin Air. At my quick glance I did look closer at the filter flange. It is mostly foam with about an 1/8" at the most of a very flexible urethane layer to seal. My first question is, if the R2C filter flange wasn't strong enough at 3 times the urethane flange thickness, then how in the world will this Twin Air stay together? I'm going to use calipers to measure the thicknesses with precision later but this really puzzles me. Also, I will check the fit in a few days after I clear my schedule for some shop time.

Reactions: Smitty335 and CID
Sheetmetalfab

Sheetmetalfab

Liberal kryptonite. truth and logic….
Lifetime Member
Jul 21, 2019
Alaska
Ownership

1. Do not currently own

2. Talon X4
The Talon Twin Air arrived yesterday. It was a busy evening for me so all I was able to do is open the box and look at the filter.

The aluminum mounting flange is nice, seems sturdy and light. Direct form Twin Air they charged me $37 shipping!!! Judging by the size and weight I can ship these for about $8-$16 all day long. My distributor will have lower shipping costs when they get these hopefully soon. Not much profit after that shipping rate is tacked on!

The filter is usual Twin Air. At my quick glance I did look closer at the filter flange. It is mostly foam with about an 1/8" at the most of a very flexible urethane layer to seal. My first question is, if the R2C filter flange wasn't strong enough at 3 times the urethane flange thickness, then how in the world will this Twin Air stay together? I'm going to use calipers to measure the thicknesses with precision later but this really puzzles me. Also, I will check the fit in a few days after I clear my schedule for some shop time.
I think the R2C urethane wasn’t flexible enough………

hence the tear.

highpocket74

highpocket74

Vendor
Jul 2, 2019
Kinder, Louisiana
www.10-80dirtsports.com
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon X
I think the R2C urethane wasn’t flexible enough………

hence the tear.
According to R2C the urethane was too flexible. The new compound uses a stiffer compound with more tensile strength to prevent tearing. This is why the new filter version includes a foam gasket to go into the OEM groove for better sealing.

Killer223

Killer223

Lifetime Member
Jan 15, 2019
Has anyone tried to hold R2C liable for engine damage from a failed air filter? i've seen a few failed ones on the FB groups. the pictures sure look scary.

Reactions: Sheetmetalfab
highpocket74

highpocket74

Vendor
Jul 2, 2019
Kinder, Louisiana
www.10-80dirtsports.com
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon X
Has anyone tried to hold R2C liable for engine damage from a failed air filter? i've seen a few failed ones on the FB groups. the pictures sure look scary.
Tramgauge has excellent documentation and is working on it with almost zero response from R2C. Initially R2C said they were working on a resolution but now they don't respond to Tram's communications. Hopefully they are going to work something out but so far they have not been helpful or anything really. Pretty shi**y if you ask me, and I've been a dealer for a few years now.

R2C has excellent filter media, and with the exception of the first gen Talon filters, overall good quality products. As a company they are less than stellar in my opinion. Often they are not very helpful even to dealers. Lately they have been slow to drop ship orders for me and when I ask what the hold up is they just don't respond. That's how I know when something is up now. Good news they will respond immediately, bad news they ignore. That kinda crap REALLY infuriates me when I have customers on my case. Customer and dealer support is the worst of ALL vendors I deal with, by a large margin.

I will say that I am appreciative that they allowed me to begin my small business with them. Not may companies will do that. However, my patience with them is thinning quickly. A few times now I have had to wait one month or more for inventory orders to ship, after I paid for them. I have other suppliers I can work with that are far more responsive and forthcoming if delays are inevitable. So in the very near future I may stop pushing their products and focus on other brands.

SLOWPOKE693

SLOWPOKE693

Supporting Member
Mar 10, 2020
Somewhere in Texas
Ownership

1. Talon R
Unfortunately, when only a very slight percentage of your business involves the SxS market and most of the profits come from elsewhere, companies tend to have an IDGAF attitude toward that market. From the sounds of things R2C may be one of those companies....

• Sad
Reactions: Sheetmetalfab

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!