Kawasaki Teryx4 S Review

Robobrainiac

Robobrainiac

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2020
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I recently purchased a Kawasaki Teryx4 Camo S. I am going to start a thread to share my thoughts of the machine. I am not a picky person. My personal experience consists of a 2020 Honda Pioneer 1000-5. My reason for purchase of the Teryx4 is to give our friends and family the ability to ride with us. I do not like limo style 4 seat machines. The Pioneer is awesome but lacks comfort. The number one complaint I get from passengers. The rear seats are not comfortable. They are functional.

I have driven the machine at home and in the parking lot at work. So currently I only have first impressions to share. I will update this as I spend more time in the machine.

First impressions:
Dollar for dollar I don't think you can find a better machine.

It is belt drive. Honda is the only brand that currently provides any other option. All side by sides have noise, they all have heat, they all need maintenance of some kind. I won't be concerned about those three previous mentions.

The S model Teryx provides high clearance control arms, factory roof, fox shocks, and LED headlamps.

The first things I noticed with the machine:

Bighorn tires: I feel like these are good tires to get you started. Our pioneer in its stock condition with bighorn tires took us everywhere we could ask of it at Drummond Island Michigan.

Fox shocks: so far these are smooth. I am not sure if these are dual rate or not. I do appreciate the tops are not totally bound as it sits.

Front inner fenders are metal. This is nice to stops sticks.

The front brake caliper flex hoses are PVC coated mesh/metal. This feels like an upgrade.

The front bumper has a plate for a winch. I have not tried to install one yet; from what I read online the predrilled factory holes are not universal. They are designed for the kawasaki winch. So using your choice of winch requires new holes to be drilled, or you can purchase an adapter plate.

Shifting feels smooth. The 4WD uses an electric turn knob to engage/disengage. It has locked rear diff (no turf mode) the front diff is activated open or locked depending on the 4WD switch position.

The front headlamps have thier own inside and outside switch with independent low and high positions.

The factory roof is ok. It is nice it comes with but feels flimsy. The Honda Pioneer roof feels solid.

The front and rear seats feel comfortable.

My wife and I will try to get out this weekend and work on the break in period.

Robobrainiac

Robobrainiac

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2020
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
If anyone is interested in any specific pictures, just let me know.

IMG 1617 IMG 1618 IMG 1619 IMG 1620 IMG 1621 IMG 1622 IMG 1623 IMG 1624 IMG 1625 IMG 1634 IMG 1633 IMG 1632 IMG 1631 IMG 1630 IMG 1629 IMG 1628 IMG 1627

Robobrainiac

Robobrainiac

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2020
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
From my understanding all the Teryx models come with fox shocks. They all share the same powertrain. They all have EPS.

Teryx:
Width 60"
Ground Clearance 11.2"
Wheel Travel Front 8.0" Rear 8.3"
Tires-Front 26x9-12 : Rear 26x11-12
Halogen bulbs

Teryx S:
Width: 62.2"
Ground Clearance 12.2"
Wheel Travel Front 10.7" Rear 10.0"
Tires-Front 27x9-14 : Rear 27x11-14
LED bulbs
Comes with factory roof

The S vs S LE has the same specs. The only difference is the LE is an appearance package. You get colored control arms, two tone seats, and more body graphics.

DG Rider

DG Rider

Member: Triple Clutch Club
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
I've always felt like the old Teryx is a bit like a 700 in that there are plenty out there, serving the owners well without failure. But not being the latest and greatest sexy toy, it kinda goes under the radar a bit.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!