Kawasaki's new sport KRF1000AL will have 112HP!

SouthwestORV

SouthwestORV

Oct 24, 2018
Taylor, Arizona
Ownership

1. 500
Kawasaki came out swinging. I was watching the countdown. Honda's intro for the Talon was poor. IMO Kawasaki nailed their intro today, and they have a website, media, and images worthy of a great new machine. Took Honda a few weeks/months to get there. By the numbers, the new KRX looks to be a serious contender in the terrain its meant for. Anybody else notice they didn't show it in the dunes? Clearly aimed at another audience, and I love how it's a serious competitor to Polaris's Trails and Rocks Edition RZR, but $3100 cheaper. Kawasaki has made high-quality machines in the past and I believe this one will be the same. I love the competition, it drives everyone to be better. I'm looking to add a new 1K machine to the Southwest ORV fleet in the next year, and now I've got another one to add to the list of possible purchases:
RZR XP 1000
RZR S 1000
Talon 1000X
YXZ1000R SS
Wildcat XX
Maverick Sport
Kawasaki Teryx KRX1000 - this machine would do so well in AZ/Utah/Colorado.

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
A friend and I were discussing the KRX and it looks like the Talon and the RZR has a love child. The fact the transmission has a clutch makes it seems that much more plausible.

I hope it’s a good machine. I REALLY hope their accessories are spectacular and blow Honda out of the water because as capable, reliable, and durable as Honda’s machines are, Polaris leads the pack on accessories and Honda is dead last in that respect.
Maybe it will get Honda to step up their accessory game!!

Ragnar406

Ragnar406

The Great Bald One
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 5, 2016
Bella Vista, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
they did not compare the Talon R - which would have come closer in a few categories but below are the specs they are most proud of
Upload 2019 10 8 8 8 44

Upload 2019 10 8 8 9 17

Dragon21

Dragon21

In my defense, I was left unsupervised
Lifetime Member
Sep 23, 2013
Raleigh, NC
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
they did not compare the Talon R - which would have come closer in a few categories but below are the specs they are most proud of
View attachment 159801
View attachment 159803

The should have compared the XX in there as well.

I know this is their "base model", but its more comparable to the RZR Trails and Rock IMO.. which when you compare them makes this seem like a good price.

Vondy

Vondy

Lifetime Member
Mar 10, 2015
Houston,OH
Ownership

1. Talon X4
The Kawasaki looks impressive. Beefy and well thought out out, includes a lot of extras already on the machine and good accessory lineup. The down fall to me is the size and weight. I know the trend is to bigger machines, but I like small and agile.

I wonder when the 31x15 carnivores will be available to for purchase. I'd like a set of them on the Talon.

Last edited:
jamesh

jamesh

Lifetime Member
Apr 11, 2019
DFW
Ownership

1. 500

2. Talon X4
Bet my bosses Talon would walk that green snot rag all day, bone stock with 32s.

I've read that the Talon drops down to about 68 mph top speed with same tires as the KRX?

Reactions: VaHillbilly
VaHillbilly

VaHillbilly

NTC immigrant gardner
Supporting Member
Nov 16, 2018
Sw VA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I have to say, it's a damn good looking machine!
Looks good to me, instrument cluster is too small so is my p1k5. And the big open area on dash looks good for storage but I dont see how anything would stay put after a log crossing or creek ride! :D

Reactions: Chooglin
Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
These things are dropping like hot cakes everywhere.

Hope someone at Honda is taking notes.
Whoever you are, be sure to write this down.
- announce Monday.
- at dealers Tuesday!
- sold Wednesday!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

NTCPrezJB

NTCPrezJB

President of #NTC
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 30, 2018
Canton, OH
Ownership

1. 1000-5
These things are dropping like hot cakes everywhere.

Hope someone at Honda is taking notes.
Whoever you are, be sure to write this down.
- announce Monday.
- at dealers Tuesday!
- sold Wednesday!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Until John Doe #2 leaks a picture or three.

Adam490

Adam490

HFA Grand High Wizard
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Apr 7, 2019
Covington, LA
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R LV
I get that high top speed = bragging rights, but I'm reserving judgement until I see one hitting some trails. I don't think I'd take one over a Talon but it looks well made with some beefy components. It's a porky little bastard at 1900 lbs.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!