Kawasaki's new sport KRF1000AL will have 112HP!

DG Rider

DG Rider

Member: Triple Clutch Club
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
I finally watched the vids and stuff....
Pretty cool, but is it really 1900 lbs? Hory shet!

I think this is the "Japanese RZR" everyone was wanting. The Talon is kinda it, but a lot of people prefer a CVT and view the DCT as Honda being honda. Maybe the best thing is the centrifugal clutch. Usually hi po stuff gets the popo style. Personally, I'm more for a new utility teryx update.

H

HondaTech

So in their comparison chart they list the Talon as Power Steering "N/A".

To the less informed this makes it seem like the Talon doesn't have power steering. Clever marketing there.

There are things I like, but it's way too damm heavy. 400lbs heavier than the Talon? Almost 200lbs heavier than a 5 seat P1K, they can keep all that crap for the weight.

Reactions: popeye and JTW
ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
So in their comparison chart they list the Talon as Power Steering "N/A".

To the less informed this makes it seem like the Talon doesn't have power steering. Clever marketing there.

There are things I like, but it's way too damm heavy. 400lbs heavier than the Talon? Almost 200lbs heavier than a 5 seat P1K, they can keep all that crap for the weight.
And they compare it to the X instead of the R which would match or beat it...

Reactions: CumminsPusher
Russ989

Russ989

Land of the free because of the Brave! 🇺🇸
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 18, 2017
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
If I’m not going to have a Honda then it will have to be Yamaha. I’d have a Kawasaki mule FX PRO if I wanted a straight utility but I like the sport/utility class for my needs.

jamesh

jamesh

Lifetime Member
Apr 11, 2019
DFW
Ownership

1. 500

2. Talon X4
The KRX has the R beat on suspension. Has it beat on Tires and wheels (and not goofy offset front to back). It's 6 inches longer wheelbase and appears to be sturdier (TBD). It has the R beat on ground clearance (albeit partially due to tires). KRX turning radius = 19.4 inches, Talon R = 21.3. So longer wheel base but tighter turning radius.

The R is faster, but would it be faster with 31 inch Carnivores on heavier bead lock wheels? The KRX is a belt drive, but it has centrifugal clutch engagement which should create smooth engagement and less stress on the belt.

Looks like the KRX would be a more robust machine for technical trails with big rocks and deep ruts. Something that would perform well on Jeep trails. Seems like the R would really only have it beat in wide open spaces where you are regularly over 60 MPH. And if these are your riding conditions, why are you in a Talon and not something with a Turbo anyways?

Just saying, I see a definite niche for this machine. I'm planning on a Talon X4 at the end of the year, but I'd seriously consider the KRX if it was available in a 4 seater.

ehart814

ehart814

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Mar 28, 2016
NWPA
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
don't know if it's been mentioned.... but i noticed this new Kawi only has a 6 month warranty. the only reason i'd ever have been interested was the 3 year warranty that they had been giving on the teryx. 6 months??? be better Kawasaki.

Reactions: Plumber32
ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Looked at one today with neighbor, it’s a STOUTLY built machine 2000lbs is about right after seeing the components. The extra wheelbase allows for a LOT of storage behind the seats. The bed may be slightly larger volume than the Talon but you’d need exact measurements and a 3D modeling program to know for sure.

It looks REAL NICE but I can get a Talon R with accessories and add ons fully built for about $23k the Kawasaki would be closer to $30k if not slightly more. I’m not sure the slightly more storage is worth $7k

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Neighbor bought it.... he’s got a TBI from time in service so I’ll be building it up for him, so I guess I’ll have some good info on it soon.

IMO it’s the only REAL competition for the Talon.

He got a pretty good deal on it with a full cab, bumpers, and I think skids.

Ragnar406

Ragnar406

The Great Bald One
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 5, 2016
Bella Vista, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Neighbor bought it.... he’s got a TBI from time in service so I’ll be building it up for him, so I guess I’ll have some good info on it soon.

IMO it’s the only REAL competition for the Talon.

He got a pretty good deal on it with a full cab, bumpers, and I think skids.
Someone said it has steel / metal fender wells? Did you see if that was true

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5

I didn’t notice, maybe , but they weren’t obvious.
I may have to retract my statement ...he’s getting cold feet and leaning toward a Talon R enough to lose security deposit.

Cyberjunk

Cyberjunk

Berserker
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
May 10, 2017
Crane Hill Alabama
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 700-4

Yes it has , but a review I just watch said they was noisy with rocks coming off the tires . Easy fix with do be liner

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Ragnar406

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!