BOX1

Kawasaki's new sport KRF1000AL will have 112HP!

Ragnar406

Ragnar406

The Great Bald One
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 5, 2016
Bella Vista, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Where is this chart online... I'll fix it.
Here is another one I found on FB

AD83BEA4 86E0 45F9 8447 8F23EE3F9A39

H

hondabob

Lifetime Member
May 14, 2013
Prescott Valley, AZ
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-3
I test drove one today and it should be a better belt drive choice unless you need a Turbo for racing or the sand dunes. Kawasaki quality is 2nd to Honda and with all the good features it would be my choice for a belt drive. This is the only Sport UTV that will fit the big guys over 6' 4". I put 22,000 miles on the 2 Teryx I owned without a breakdown except for one broken belt which was my fault. All the belt drives need a lot of belt drive maintenance. The RZR 1000 needs $2,700 in maintenance to get it to 5,000 miles, that would be deal breaker for me. In Arizona if its 1,800 pounds the license plate is around $500 a year instead of $30.00 for under 1,800 pounds. I looked hard at the Kawasaki and was choosing between it and the 4 seat Talon. BTW the 4 seat Talon weighs 1,735 pounds so the street legal plate is $30.00. Belt drive works good but I just hate the constant maintenance and when do you change the belt. I changed my belt drive belts at 1mm wear and that is 4,000 to 6,000 miles. The wet clutch hurts the take off from a stop but its acceptable. It requires a tough belt drive case to support the outboard crankshaft bearing.

20191010 104807 resized
20191010 104819 resized
20191010 173743 resized

H

HondaTech

I've seen a couple videos of of them having creaky squeaky suspension and the spring ring rubbing the piss out of the shock.

Last edited:
Reactions: Chooglin
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Me too. I'm an old Z1 guy and love Kawasaki. A little disappointed with their first sport machine. Was hoping they would kill everybody like they did with the 900.
I kinda expected a sportier machine but after reading and watching everything I think they hit the nail on the head better then anyone else to differentiate themselves and offer a very roomy direct play vehicle that has some things that others just don’t. I’ve appreciated that with the Wolverine, you buy it and ride it without needing to build it to take abuse. Don’t need to get on a forum to see what it needs. Just ride.
100% honesty I really like what I see, if our trails would allow for that behemoth and it’d ride in back of my truck and motorhome I’d consider it. Even possibly with the belt, and that’s saying something because I sure like the dct. It’s not necessarily the all sport I’m wanting but the many other positives are very appealing. Plans are still on Talon down the road but this has been the first to really catch my eye. Looks, options, setup, toughness, and its Japanese. It’s going to outsell a few rigs out there.

Tigermark

Tigermark

Outside looking in.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
I kinda expected a sportier machine but after reading and watching everything I think they hit the nail on the head better then anyone else to differentiate themselves and offer a very roomy direct play vehicle that has some things that others just don’t. I’ve appreciated that with the Wolverine, you buy it and ride it without needing to build it to take abuse. Don’t need to get on a forum to see what it needs. Just ride.
100% honesty I really like what I see, if our trails would allow for that behemoth and it’d ride in back of my truck and motorhome I’d consider it. Even possibly with the belt, and that’s saying something because I sure like the dct. It’s not necessarily the all sport I’m wanting but the many other positives are very appealing. Plans are still on Talon down the road but this has been the first to really catch my eye. Looks, options, setup, toughness, and its Japanese. It’s going to outsell a few rigs out there.
They have one at the dealer right down the road from the house. Will stop by tomorrow and check it out.

popeye

popeye

Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2016
kapowsin, Wa
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I’ve rode with two different tyrexs for the last 4 years, neither of the two have ever had any issues besides getting stuck. If this rig even has half the reliability of their tyrex it will be pretty solid

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

snuffnwhisky

snuffnwhisky

Village Idiot
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 21, 2016
Cullman, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Other Brand
A friend said he seen something on book face about a super charger...? No turbo lag mixed with some low end grunting torque, has the potential to be a game changer

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Kawi has a supercharged bike and jetski but they already have an aftermarket turbo for it from K & T Performance. Not sure how it will be sold yet.

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!