KFI winch wiring? Help

duwops

duwops

Lifetime Member
Nov 10, 2013
Ok wiring done except red wire to ignition switch. Looking at pioneer ign switch there are two reds a red and red and black wire. Which one do I connect the red KFI rocker switch wire to?

duwops

duwops

Lifetime Member
Nov 10, 2013
Thanks so very much! The only dumb ? Is the one you don't ask.

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
duwops70014 said:
Thanks so very much! The only dumb ? Is the one you don't ask.
Yep,
Thats why we started this community. So we could get quick answers to our questions.
Thank you for being a part of it.

duwops

duwops

Lifetime Member
Nov 10, 2013
Next ? KFI rocker out/in is reversed. I did have to reverse color wires as to mount contractor under hood but after double checking. Pos to pos and neg to neg. bat to contactor and motor to contactor. Reversed in switch ?

F

farmer700

Dec 7, 2013
duwops70014 said:
Next ? KFI rocker out/in is reversed. I did have to reverse color wires as to mount contractor under hood but after double checking. Pos to pos and neg to neg. bat to contactor and motor to contactor. Reversed in switch ?
I know this one as I have been here on my pos-laris.
Just reverse the rocker switch wires. Leave the HOT wire along flip the other 2.

F

farmer700

Dec 7, 2013
Oh. looking at there site, you cant without cutting the wire.
You can reverse the wires from contractor to winch to get same effect.

All the contractor does is flip (+) and (-) depending on which way the rocker is pushed.

duwops

duwops

Lifetime Member
Nov 10, 2013
Thanks Farmer700 that did the trick. All that's left is to secure all wiring, install hood and sling some mud.

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!