Choogsbro

Choogsbro

CEO of Monkey Business
Lifetime Member
Mar 20, 2018
Monticello, Ky
Ownership

1. Other Brand
Maxxis has been making tires along time.Have not anything bad about the carnavours.At least they are not 4 ply that come stock on the pioneer,and they are 31’s
Maxxis 2.0s on most stock machines where junk bias 2 ply tires. Believe me I had them on my Wolverine. Pieces of s*** from Maxxis sold to dealers only just like the video states.

Reactions: Plumber32
Choogsbro

Choogsbro

CEO of Monkey Business
Lifetime Member
Mar 20, 2018
Monticello, Ky
Ownership

1. Other Brand
Maxxis has been making tires along time.Have not anything bad about the carnavours.At least they are not 4 ply that come stock on the pioneer,and they are 31’s
I now own new Carnivores. I think I'm gonna like them but some reviews aren't kind to the sidewalls or the soft quick wearing compound. Time will tell.
IMG 20200511 171246685 HDR

Choogsbro

Choogsbro

CEO of Monkey Business
Lifetime Member
Mar 20, 2018
Monticello, Ky
Ownership

1. Other Brand
Those look identical to the ones on the KRX
28s. How do you like them so far. I haven't tried mine yet. Going to RRB this weekend. Hope they perform as well as people say they do. They ain't cheap.

G

GWH

Lifetime Member
Dec 25, 2018
Las Vegas Nevads
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Now that we are talking money,the local power sport dealer is showing the 16,000 dollar price w rebates.Figured I could buy it out the door for 18,000 .Figured Wrong,20,000 they wouldn’t budge.Checking w Southern California where I bought my Pioneer as I’m posting this to see what they have to offer
I never call anybody out specifically,but I would think that JTW knows what a good deal on a KRX would be.So I would appreciate ur thoughts on an out the door price .Realize we have to pay .08.5 sales tax.No accessories installed.Thanks in advance

popeye

popeye

Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2016
kapowsin, Wa
Ownership

1. 1000-5
The 30” carnies I got off a rzr xp pro measure out to 29.5, @9psi on a 7” wide wheel. they hook up really well, but I could see how they won’t last if you ride a lot of hard pack.
I love them so far

G

GWH

Lifetime Member
Dec 25, 2018
Las Vegas Nevads
Ownership

1. 1000-5
You could put your stuff you don't use as much on the tire carrier deal that raises and use a lower box for a cooler and more used items. Allows you to carry more items and still get to everything. I know the overhead carrier will hold up to a 35" tire but the shocks aren't strong enough to lift it. Basically it lift but when you let go it falls back down. Need to figure that out. Might want to carry spares when we go to Moab with them.
You got a krx?

Reactions: nbomar
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Really?
If You had a pool going I would put my money on "the same size as a 30".

Thought about saying a lot of other things but, watch the first 2 1/2 minutes of this:
You’re really handling this well on this one. Figured you’d be like a biker at a gay rights rally.

advertisement
J

JTW

I never call anybody out specifically,but I would think that JTW knows what a good deal on a KRX would be.So I would appreciate ur thoughts on an out the door price .Realize we have to pay .08.5 sales tax.No accessories installed.Thanks in advance
Between 16-17k seems to be the best deal you can get on them bare machine. Most are quoting 17,600 or better. Those prices are farm exempt and tax not included.

sharp

sharp

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 27, 2016
Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Between 16-17k seems to be the best deal you can get on them bare machine. Most are quoting 17,600 or better. Those prices are farm exempt and tax not included.
I got $16,400 with farm exemption (no tax). I looked around for the absolute lowest price I could find then took a screenshot , took it to the dealer and asked if he could match it. They said yes. It looked like they had several and were just try to get rid of them.

Plumber32

Plumber32

Go ride!
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 15, 2014
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
28s. How do you like them so far. I haven't tried mine yet. Going to RRB this weekend. Hope they perform as well as people say they do. They ain't cheap.
Hopefully they've done a little trail maintenance for you. Ruts were getting pretty bad a few weeks ago. Last vids I've seen were atrocious.

Reactions: JACKAL
JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
You’re really handling this well on this one. Figured you’d be like a biker at a gay rights rally.
That's funny as hell 🤣

Maybe he knows that human nature is to always be looking for something "different" maybe better, maybe not, but it's going to cost someone to find out.

Reactions: CumminsPusher
JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Hopefully they've done a little trail maintenance for you. Ruts were getting pretty bad a few weeks ago. Last vids I've seen were atrocious.
Still atrocious, heavy rain last 36 hours, just gets worse in bad sections. My 28" tires don't even touch on several trails normally easy. Just get a run and glide on skids downhill, winch uphill.

J

JTW

I got $16,400 with farm exemption (no tax). I looked around for the absolute lowest price I could find then took a screenshot , took it to the dealer and asked if he could match it. They said yes. It looked like they had several and were just try to get rid of them.
So you bought one too?

Reactions: nbomar
Choogsbro

Choogsbro

CEO of Monkey Business
Lifetime Member
Mar 20, 2018
Monticello, Ky
Ownership

1. Other Brand
I was after you and no they hadn't done anything. As of Monday they hadn't touched them. I got stuck on 13/ 29 intersection where you wife got stuck. rode the west side the next day.

advertisement