P1000_DLux

Its Only an Opinion Relax
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Mar 17, 2020
Belfair, WA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
So I don't own one but my buddy just picked one up and the suspension is awesome, build quality is solid they have metal guards under the wheels so you don't have to worry about stuff stabbing through the floor board as much. Bead locks are a big plus. This is where I'm at with it though...If your going to go sport SxS the standard has been set with turbo machines from Can-Am and Polaris. I saw the turbo kit is coming out for the Talon but $4500 to only get it up near 148HP, that doesn't cut it in a world where a Talon costs $23,000 plus $4500 coming in at a total $27,500 for a 148HP machine... NOPE. For my $25,000 I would be buying the 192H.P. Can-Am X3. My hope is that we see stock machines from the Japanese manufactures with turbos for about $25,000 pushing close to 200 H.P. In the world of sport SxS horseies matter. My point is here as that I like all of these machines, including the KRX but money for power ratio in the world of sport SxS matters.

All that aside that is a nice KRX. I hope you still have a pioneer so that we don't have to see that cool machine around here too much. ;)

Reactions: Isaiah
J

JTW

So I don't own one but my buddy just picked one up and the suspension is awesome, build quality is solid they have metal guards under the wheels so you don't have to worry about stuff stabbing through the floor board as much. Bead locks are a big plus. This is where I'm at with it though...If your going to go sport SxS the standard has been set with turbo machines from Can-Am and Polaris. I saw the turbo kit is coming out for the Talon but $4500 to only get it up near 148HP, that doesn't cut it in a world where a Talon costs $23,000 plus $4500 coming in at a total $27,500 for a 148HP machine... NOPE. For my $25,000 I would be buying the 192H.P. Can-Am X3. My hope is that we see stock machines from the Japanese manufactures with turbos for about $25,000 pushing close to 200 H.P. In the world of sport SxS horseies matter. My point is here as that I like all of these machines, including the KRX but money for power ratio in the world of sport SxS matters.

All that aside that is a nice KRX. I hope you still have a pioneer so that we don't have to see that cool machine around here too much. ;)
The problems with every over sport machine is... they don’t crawl! They do great going fast.. but they don’t do slow well. That’s where the KRX shines.. it was made for places like Moab. Stock 31” tires and can go to a 35!! That’s just crazy!! The ride is fantastic... 200hp is entirely unusable on the trail. If you want to drink beer and drag race, cool. If you ride the dunes.. I get it. But for what we do and where we go. It’s pointless. I’m all for power.. but it’s not what it’s all about.

BigOL3

BigOL3

Lifetime Member
Oct 27, 2017
Deep in the heart of Dixie, Kentwood, La.
Ownership

1. 1000-5
The problems with every over sport machine is... they don’t crawl! They do great going fast.. but they don’t do slow well. That’s where the KRX shines.. it was made for places like Moab. Stock 31” tires and can go to a 35!! That’s just crazy!! The ride is fantastic... 200hp is entirely unusable on the trail. If you want to drink beer and drag race, cool. If you ride the dunes.. I get it. But for what we do and where we go. It’s pointless. I’m all for power.. but it’s not what it’s all about.
Yep, even if I was able to get a new SxS, I don't give 2 hoots about a turbo!

ehart814

ehart814

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Mar 28, 2016
NWPA
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5

I can't believe i'd admit this, but you think kinda the way I do about those machines. If money was no object, I'd have an x3 turbo or a yxz turbo under a sheet in the garage just for when someone starts talking about how fast they are. I really can't imagine trail riding where we do with even more than 100 hp. I can't even open up the pioneer in our woods. I think 100 hp is about the most you could really use for what I do here. A 150 hp or 200 hp machine would just get wrecked in no time. I like to be able to cruise and relax sometimes and I think the big hp machines would be frustrating. And how the hell do they keep those things cool ???? You'd think they would constantly be overheating.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV

Most of the areas out by you a turbo machine wouldn’t be much of an attractant? Other then Oregon or headed towards central Washington I don’t see the turbo need. It doesn’t do anything on trails

Reactions: Backwoods
snuffnwhisky

snuffnwhisky

Village Idiot
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 21, 2016
Cullman, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Other Brand

The Honda turbo HP is rear wheel. The new RR is right at 150 hp rear wheel so basically they are the same power wise. The talon is a couple hundred pounds lighter than an x3 so it would be faster. The X3 RR is putting out 22 psi of boost to get there compared to 8 psi with the Talon.

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
The Honda turbo HP is rear wheel. The new RR is right at 150 hp rear wheel so basically they are the same power wise. The talon is a couple hundred pounds lighter than an x3 so it would be faster. The X3 RR is putting out 22 psi of boost to get there compared to 8 psi with the Talon.

22psi is still a well built motor to hold together, Talon shoul last longer at 8 knowing Honda

advertisement
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
22psi is still a well built motor to hold together, Talon shoul last longer at 8 knowing Honda
There’s by far more negative with an engine requiring that much boost for the outcome. Means less grunt off the bottom without being in boost, it will require much more boost to just cruise, higher rpms needed to get into the power (belt anyways so that’s a given) higher sustained internal temps and more then likely more fuel consumption.
All of which point to less engine life and more maintenance. I’d be VERY curious to see what the overall life expectancy is between the two...

J

JTW

There’s by far more negative with an engine requiring that much boost for the outcome. Means less grunt off the bottom without being in boost, it will require much more boost to just cruise, higher rpms needed to get into the power (belt anyways so that’s a given) higher sustained internal temps and more then likely more fuel consumption. All of which point to less engine life and more maintenance.
Yeah but... they can then have a small dick measuring contest. That’s like if I guy were to put a turbo in a pioneer!! Pfffft... Can you imaging... I bet he couldn’t begin to keep his sack dry!

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Yeah but... they can then have a small dick measuring contest. That’s like if I guy were to put a turbo in a pioneer!! Pfffft... Can you imaging... I bet he couldn’t begin to keep his sack dry!
I don’t think “that” particular guy gives a s***. He just REALLY likes f***ing around with stuff cause he gets bored. Gets a kick out of doing something different. It’s a big f*** you to conformity, not a bad quality.

Russ989

Russ989

Land of the free because of the Brave! 🇺🇸
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 18, 2017
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
The DCT is more efficient until you put heavy 30’s on it... then it all goes to s***! I find myself looking for the paddles, but in all truth.. this cvt system isn’t too bad.
That’s it, I’m searching for some P500 takeoffs, to heck with these 30s! 😂

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Yeah.. the motor might. But everything around it??? Mehhh

Talon is out for me...Honda isnt making anywhere near what I want/need without throwing the cost of the machine at the machine to beef it up and making AL/TN trail worthy. I held out for a while but in the end I went a different route. In a few years when I’m in the market for a machine again maybe they will have something but I’m not holding my breath.

I will not be getting rid of the Pioneer but unless they put a lot of things on the Talon the KRX already has the Talon won’t even be on the radar. At this point my Pioneer is possibly far better suited to East coast woods/rocks with more than 2 people and a small cooler than a Talon anyway. Have to compare when @my99svt brings his down in October.

J

JTW

Talon is out for me...Honda isnt making anywhere near what I want/need without throwing the cost of the machine at the machine to beef it up and making AL/TN trail worthy. I held out for a while but in the end I went a different route. In a few years when I’m in the market for a machine again maybe they will have something but I’m not holding my breath.

I will not be getting rid of the Pioneer but unless they put a lot of things on the Talon the KRX already has the Talon won’t even be on the radar. At this point my Pioneer is possibly far better suited to East coast woods/rocks with more than 2 people and a small cooler than a Talon anyway. Have to compare when @my99svt brings his down in October.
I agree... There’s still not 1 machine that fits what I want and need. I want the krx with flip up rear seats.

aauman88

aauman88

Supporting Member
Feb 19, 2019
Georgia
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I agree... There’s still not 1 machine that fits what I want and need. I want the krx with flip up rear seats.

Me too!

Reactions: JTW
Russ989

Russ989

Land of the free because of the Brave! 🇺🇸
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 18, 2017
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I still think the KRX is the best attempt by any company for a trail ready rig straight off the lot. I’m curious what Yamaha will bring but Kawasaki pretty well nailed it for a first debut in the segment. Just my two cents!.....cuz that’s all I have right now. Lol

advertisement