KRX discussion thread!

J

JTW

What's the deal over at the Kawi site? Been trying to join for a couple days? How bout you start a Dennis thread, for updates?
Works fine..

Dad is doing well.. he came home Sunday and is getting around ok. But slow. His color is coming back. However, his best friend of 43 years died Saturday by way of dementia. We buried him today. I had to stand in as a pallbearer and dad couldn’t go in the service but otherwise, it’s going well.

J

JTW

How does the turning radius compare to the pioneer 1000? The pioneer is borderline too wide for our trails, but the tight turning radius redeems it some. I've thought KRX looked really great since they first announced it, but its huuuuuge... The guys around me with YXZ's and huge RZR's are just posers that dont even try the trails cuz they know they won't be able to get around. The KRX is awesome but i'm not willing to join the guys that strictly ride roads. And belts are still gay
The pioneer is tighter but honestly... I don’t notice it too bad. I ran 4 wheeler trails with the krx this weekend. It’ll get around fine.. but still learning how to drive it. It looks big but it’s really no bigger than my pioneer. And it actually doesn’t feel that big when you’re behind the wheel. In a month, I’ll wager I can go everywhere the PK5 will and then some. There are a lot of trails I’m just going over stuff Instead of around. It’s impressive!

J

JTW

If the pioneer turning radius is border line too much.then u don’t want a KRX.They are more suited for rock climbing and pre running the the desert off road.How ever they are a lot of fun flat tracking gravel roads.They want u to break them in w no more than half throttle operation.for 120 miles.I managed to put 120 on mine over the holiday.Going to change the oil and filter,and diff oils.Thdn going to take it back out.The cvt is different to get used to ,it’s not as efficient as the dual clutch.This thing is going to be more of a high performance prerunner it begs to be run hard.And now that the break in is over We will see !
The DCT is more efficient until you put heavy 30’s on it... then it all goes to s***! I find myself looking for the paddles, but in all truth.. this cvt system isn’t too bad.

H

hondabob

Lifetime Member
May 14, 2013
Prescott Valley, AZ
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-3
I had a 2008 and 2012 Teryx. Put on over 22,000 miles on them with no breakdowns. Both had problems but easy for me to fix. The KRX may have some problems but I think most will have a great trail machine with good suspension. If there wasn't a Talon I would take a good look at the KRX or maybe the 2021 Yamaha coming out next week. The YXZ would probably be my choice if the new Yamaha has belt drive. The Kawasaki belt drive is high quality on the Teryx but the 2014 on has the belt drive air intake coming from the rear cylinder head. 200 degree air to cool the belt is really a bad design.

DG Rider

DG Rider

Member: Triple Clutch Club
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
I had a 2008 and 2012 Teryx. Put on over 22,000 miles on them with no breakdowns. Both had problems but easy for me to fix. The KRX may have some problems but I think most will have a great trail machine with good suspension. If there wasn't a Talon I would take a good look at the KRX or maybe the 2021 Yamaha coming out next week. The YXZ would probably be my choice if the new Yamaha has belt drive. The Kawasaki belt drive is high quality on the Teryx but the 2014 on has the belt drive air intake coming from the rear cylinder head. 200 degree air to cool the belt is really a bad design.
What's the word on the new Yamahas? What's coming?

Reactions: Plumber32
G

GWH

Lifetime Member
Dec 25, 2018
Las Vegas Nevads
Ownership

1. 1000-5
The pioneer is tighter but honestly... I don’t notice it too bad. I ran 4 wheeler trails with the krx this weekend. It’ll get around fine.. but still learning how to drive it. It looks big but it’s really no bigger than my pioneer. And it actually doesn’t feel that big when you’re behind the wheel. In a month, I’ll wager I can go everywhere the PK5 will and then some. There are a lot of trails I’m just going over stuff Instead of around. It’s impressive!
The one thing I noticed as far as tight trails goes, the pioneer’s widest point is the roof,the widest point of the KRX is the tires,then it all slopes in from there.So w the pioneer ur banging the crap out of the roof , that doesn’t happen w the K.If ur concerned about clearance w a rock, u just run it over!

J

JTW

The one thing I noticed as far as tight trails goes, the pioneer’s widest point is the roof,the widest point of the KRX is the tires,then it all slopes in from there.So w the pioneer ur banging the crap out of the roof , that doesn’t happen w the K.If ur concerned about clearance w a rock, u just run it over!
Yes.. and that’s a good thing and a bad thing. I can use the cage of the pioneer in tight places to get around. But with the krx it’s not as important because the cg is lower and it has sooo much more travel

Reactions: Tigermark and sharp
snuffnwhisky

snuffnwhisky

Village Idiot
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 21, 2016
Cullman, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Other Brand
What's the word on the new Yamahas? What's coming?
The dealer meeting was canceled because of covid. Was suppose to be next weekend at Park City, Utah (rock crawl). Not sure what they are doing now. I'm thinking it will be the wolverine 1000 similar to what kawi did. There were post of game changer going around the yami forums. Something between the wolverine and yxz. Supposed to be 2 new machines and they want to go from 5 to 14% market share.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Yes but someone can get around considerably better with the wider roof. Flat sides on the Pioneer is a huge advantage if you’re not afraid to use it. I can’t imagine someone talking about running tight trails in a KRX, I like and want the Talon X but even it struggles in the tight stuff that Pioneer excels at.

Last edited: