70E4D0AD 9EAD 4BC5 AB22 7A500FE2F8AB

nbomar

nbomar

Lifetime Member
Oct 11, 2015
Springdale, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I’ve got about 80 miles on mine in the past few days. Picked it up Wednesday in Tennessee. Same dealer as @JTW did 30ish miles in Tennessee mud and the rest were rocky trails in Missouri at Mark Twain National Forest and Rush Springs Offroad today. I really like it. Very capable, smooth power delivery and plush suspension. It’s not a race machine and probably won’t win many races. If it holds up like I think it will, and conquers some tougher terrain it’s a win in my book. I’m keeping the pioneer also for farm use and family use.
B39E57EE D082 4D8D 8DF7 4AA133ABC8DF
699CAFA3 DFF9 4341 B18D CF10BD6B8E2A 7CBA4928 05D4 4D68 AC59 92B16DB4911E 5ACA2337 6005 48AA B1DD 88C7DC549BC7 65A7FF68 9713 4ACF 85EF D0BAE0D04ACB

Choogsbro

Choogsbro

CEO of Monkey Business
Lifetime Member
Mar 20, 2018
Monticello, Ky
Ownership

1. Other Brand
I’ve got about 80 miles on mine in the past few days. Picked it up Wednesday in Tennessee. Same dealer as @JTW did 30ish miles in Tennessee mud and the rest were rocky trails in Missouri at Mark Twain National Forest and Rush Springs Offroad today. I really like it. Very capable, smooth power delivery and plush suspension. It’s not a race machine and probably won’t win many races. If it holds up like I think it will, and conquers some tougher terrain it’s a win in my book. I’m keeping the pioneer also for farm use and family use.
View attachment 204068 View attachment 204069 View attachment 204070 View attachment 204071 View attachment 204072
Very nice. Where did you buy and where did you ride inTn ?

nbomar

nbomar

Lifetime Member
Oct 11, 2015
Springdale, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Very nice. Where did you buy and where did you ride inTn ?
Bought from MotoNation. Friend of mine owns 750 acres right outside bolivar Tennessee that is leased to the memphis motorcycle clubs. Tons of trails on it. That’s where I rode at.

Reactions: sharp and JTW
ehart814

ehart814

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Mar 28, 2016
NWPA
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
How does the turning radius compare to the pioneer 1000? The pioneer is borderline too wide for our trails, but the tight turning radius redeems it some. I've thought KRX looked really great since they first announced it, but its huuuuuge... The guys around me with YXZ's and huge RZR's are just posers that dont even try the trails cuz they know they won't be able to get around. The KRX is awesome but i'm not willing to join the guys that strictly ride roads. And belts are still gay

G

GWH

Lifetime Member
Dec 25, 2018
Las Vegas Nevads
Ownership

1. 1000-5
How does the turning radius compare to the pioneer 1000? The pioneer is borderline too wide for our trails, but the tight turning radius redeems it some. I've thought KRX looked really great since they first announced it, but its huuuuuge... The guys around me with YXZ's and huge RZR's are just posers that dont even try the trails cuz they know they won't be able to get around. The KRX is awesome but i'm not willing to join the guys that strictly ride roads. And belts are still gay
If the pioneer turning radius is border line too much.then u don’t want a KRX.They are more suited for rock climbing and pre running the the desert off road.How ever they are a lot of fun flat tracking gravel roads.They want u to break them in w no more than half throttle operation.for 120 miles.I managed to put 120 on mine over the holiday.Going to change the oil and filter,and diff oils.Thdn going to take it back out.The cvt is different to get used to ,it’s not as efficient as the dual clutch.This thing is going to be more of a high performance prerunner it begs to be run hard.And now that the break in is over We will see !

Choogsbro

Choogsbro

CEO of Monkey Business
Lifetime Member
Mar 20, 2018
Monticello, Ky
Ownership

1. Other Brand
Belts are great in a Yamaha.

G

GWH

Lifetime Member
Dec 25, 2018
Las Vegas Nevads
Ownership

1. 1000-5
The belt system in a CVT is way different than a Polaris,All the friction takes place inside the CVT clutch.That is why the down hill engine braking is positive w the KRX.As far as riding roads goes,that’s for the guys that don’t want to spill their beer.This thing is very capable.