Choogsbro

Choogsbro

CEO of Monkey Business
Lifetime Member
Mar 20, 2018
Monticello, Ky
Ownership

1. Other Brand
Don’t worry I’m 9 months off and Pioneer nor Wolverine going anywhere. But yes I wanna rip the tires off going through the gears in that nimble little bastard. Unless new Yamaha proves to be bad ass.
YXZ

Reactions: Mudwing
Choogsbro

Choogsbro

CEO of Monkey Business
Lifetime Member
Mar 20, 2018
Monticello, Ky
Ownership

1. Other Brand
They like the cup holders and glovebox in the Tampon. Lol.

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Bhahahaha. Well I was being honest for a change. And btw I know not what you speak of?!?
View attachment 206310
Don't play coy with me. I still hold your test results from 2017 Overland when you asked to drive my machine 🤣

1f9optimal

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
They like the cup holders and glovebox in the Tampon. Lol.

Driven both. No low kills it. Even then with Talon in high it still crawls better. Yami is locker though. Between the two Talon is better where we ride. If we rode areas with a passing lane or two ways up something like many then maybe Yami.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Don't play coy with me. I still hold your test results from 2017 Overland when you asked to drive my machine 🤣

View attachment 206311
You let me drink and smoke in it though. Even though you’re a dickhead like me you are very gracious.

CID

CID

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 27, 2019
SE Denver-ish
Ownership

1. Talon R
^^^ oops 🙃

Driven both. No low kills it. Even then with Talon in high it still crawls better. Yami is locker though. Between the two Talon is better where we ride. If we rode areas with a passing lane or two ways up something like many then maybe Yami.
I bought all my toys from the same Yami / Kawi dealer for 50 years, yep, 50. I really, really wanted to like the YXZ right up until I watched a video of guys trying to climb a rocky cut with them. That high RPM hp lit those tires right up when that 3 cylinder engine came up on the cam. :oops: Deal breaker right there. Yamaha has been changing the gearing almost every year trying to get their 5 speed to work right, they're still trying.

Lemme see - dual range 6 speed with 3 DCT modes (12 forward speeds for those in Rio Linda) or a single range 5 speed. Simple choice, even for a blue collar rednek like meself. :cool:

After 25 years of snowmobiling, I have beltophobia, so 2 choices and one don't count.

Last edited:
G

GWH

Lifetime Member
Dec 25, 2018
Las Vegas Nevads
Ownership

1. 1000-5
You let me drink and smoke in it though. Even though you’re a dickhead like me you are very gracious.
U guys are the best!I do not want to establish,sssttt elsewhere!Three initials ,wellll ,that’s because,.....I always think there is a thing between east and west ,that has nothing to do w
💯💯💯💯💯💯💯👍

G

GWH

Lifetime Member
Dec 25, 2018
Las Vegas Nevads
Ownership

1. 1000-5
U guys are the best!I do not want to establish,sssttt elsewhere!Three initials ,wellll ,that’s because,.....I always think there is a thing between east and west ,that has nothing to do w
Anything

Reactions: Mudwing
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
I bought all my toys from the same Yami / Kawi dealer for 50 years, yep, 50. I really, really wanted to like the YXZ right up until I watched a video of guys trying to climb a rocky cut with them. That high RPM hp lit those tires right up when that 3 cylinder engine came up on the cam. :oops: Deal breaker right there. Yamaha has been changing the gearing almost every year trying to get their 5 speed to work right, they're still trying.

Lemme see - dual range 6 speed with 3 DCT modes (12 forward speeds for those in Rio Linda) or a single range 5 speed. Simple choice, even for a blue collar rednek like meself. :cool:

After 25 years of snowmobiling, I have beltophobia, so 2 choices and one don't count.
What you just said, especially the blue collar redneck lol. I was hell bent to buy a YXZ and almost did then Talon came out. I am not quiet about how well the Wolverine has treated us, it’s been our single most dependable rig by far and with the luck I had with the last Honda I was hell bent on Yami.
Talon is good, and after putting good time in one and getting use to it I fell in love. Wife and daughter too. Best true sport on the market imo. Again wish it had locker and I know we will be rebuilding it some like the Pioneer with where and how we ride but it’ll fit and is an absolute BLAST to drive. It just feels light and aggressive at all times. It’s the perfect opposite of the Pioneer for me. Between the two :):)

Last edited:
Plumber32

Plumber32

Go ride!
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 15, 2014
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
If u don’t think the KRX is a sport machine,then u have done bumped ur head!u better look at the dimensions, they are very close to the Talon racing team running a 2 seater on the four seater platform.As far as the turbo goes, Kawasaki already has a factory approved turbo from an outside racing company,similar to Jackson Racing.You should look at one in person.The thing about the Krx compared to the prepped talon for racing is nothing more than the turbo.
I disagree. The krx is not high strung or quick for a true sport. It's a crawler/ cruiser. Yxz is a sport. You'll never see a krx win a cross country race or mx. Desert or baja maybe but with lots of mods. Theres no "sport" in a wet clutch.

Choogsbro

Choogsbro

CEO of Monkey Business
Lifetime Member
Mar 20, 2018
Monticello, Ky
Ownership

1. Other Brand
Did you drive a 2019 YXZ ?

Choogsbro

Choogsbro

CEO of Monkey Business
Lifetime Member
Mar 20, 2018
Monticello, Ky
Ownership

1. Other Brand
^^^ oops 🙃

??????? Neither have a belt.

Reactions: Plumber32