Land of the free because of the Brave! 🇺🇸
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 18, 2017
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Man, Im looking forward to a Yamaha Rmax thread On the forum. These KRX discussions are so divisive and hurtful. 🙄
Ask and you shall receive.

Tigermark

Tigermark

Outside looking in.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Ask and you shall receive.

Yahoo! Let the open, intelligent thoughtful conversation begin!

G

GWH

Lifetime Member
Dec 25, 2018
Las Vegas Nevads
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Have ya'll that have KRXs found anything to make them quieter? I rented one that was fairly ragged out (10k miles on a rental) and the noise KILLED me. Beat up machine, or am I just spoiled with the p1000?
Well, I agree, I just got done changing,removing the springs in the clutch.It allowed the clutch to engage at a lower RPM.So it seems Quieter realize I just did this an hour ago.U are spoiled w the pioneer though.The KRX has a huge muffler on it, but it doesn’t seem to do much muffling.

J

JTW

Well, I agree, I just got done changing,removing the springs in the clutch.It allowed the clutch to engage at a lower RPM.So it seems Quieter realize I just did this an hour ago.U are spoiled w the pioneer though.The KRX has a huge muffler on it, but it doesn’t seem to do much muffling.
Don’t do that... it’s a terrible idea

Reactions: Ragnar406
TripleB

TripleB

Lifetime Member
Aug 13, 2018
Caryville, Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Start at 21:30. Devils elbow! If you have never been, its f***ing badass. I wouldn't attempt to take my Pioneer down it, especially not up it. Anyone that compares a Pioneer to a krk is just a DICK or a DUMBASS. The only areas that a Pioneer will best a krk is it will carry 3 passengers, haul more s***, its quieter, and has the paddle shifters. The krk is definitely a tough rig. I've seen plenty of other videos, the krk breaking s***, where the polaris turbo s spanks its ass. Long term we will see. This will probably be my next rig, but please quit comparing it to a honda utility rig. If you SEND the krk like u sent the Pioneer, instead of pulling up easily and wincheing your rig the rest of the way up, I bet u would break s*** like u did in the Pioneer.

Last edited:
Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Start at 21:30. Devils elbow! If you have never been, its f***ing badass. I wouldn't attempt to take my Pioneer down it, especially not up it. Anyone that compares a Pioneer to a krk is just a DICK or a DUMBASS. The only areas that a Pioneer will best a krk is it will carry 3 passengers, haul more s***, its quieter, and has the paddle shifters. The krk is definitely a tough rig. I've seen plenty of other videos, the krk breaking s***, where the polaris turbo s spanks its ass. Long term we will see. This will be probably be my next rig, but please quit comparing it to a honda utility rig. If you SEND the krk like u sent the Pioneer, instead of pulling up easily and wincheing your rig the rest of the way up, I bet u would break s*** like u did in the Pioneer.
I would take my P1 over the X up the incline period!

TripleB

TripleB

Lifetime Member
Aug 13, 2018
Caryville, Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Start at 21:30. Devils elbow! If you have never been, its f***ing badass. I wouldn't attempt to take my Pioneer down it, especially not up it. Anyone that compares a Pioneer to a krk is just a DICK or a DUMBASS. The only areas that a Pioneer will best a krk is it will carry 3 passengers, haul more s***, its quieter, and has the paddle shifters. The krk is definitely a tough rig. I've seen plenty of other videos, the krk breaking s***, where the polaris turbo s spanks its ass. Long term we will see. This will be probably be my next rig, but please quit comparing it to a honda utility rig. If you SEND the krk like u sent the Pioneer, instead of pulling up easily and wincheing your rig the rest of the way up, I bet u would break s*** like u did in the Pioneer.
The talon was a big disappointment. I was hoping for a better performance. The ball is definitely in Honda's court but like the others have stated, honda won't step up.

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
The talon was a big disappointment. I was hoping for a better performance. The ball is definitely in Honda's court but like the others have stated, honda won't step up.
The I
The talon was a big disappointment. I was hoping for a better performance. The ball is definitely in Honda's court but like the others have stated, honda won't step up.,
Wha
The I4WD showed it's short fall here? @JACKAL , lover of stock LE's! Was ridding with Dad yesterday, we came to a nasty 1.5 foot wall we came to off camber ledge coming out of a river , with a three foot drop off the other side, looked at Dad and asked what do you think, do you think we can make it! he was lookin it over and I took off, the P1 handled it perfectly, he said I think we can make it after we made it through! HA! I Love my Dad!

Last edited:
DG Rider

DG Rider

Member: Triple Clutch Club
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
Well...that settles it. If you want to climb the devil's elbow or ass crack...or any other of satan's parts, you'll be ahead of the game with a KRX. BTW, I heard the devil's ass crack is really muddy right now.

Russ989

Russ989

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 18, 2017
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Well...that settles it. If you want to climb the devil's elbow or ass crack...or any other of satan's parts, you'll be ahead of the game with a KRX. BTW, I heard the devil's ass crack is really muddy right now.
KRX’s make things look easy for sure. I never should have drove one!

Russ989

Russ989

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 18, 2017
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I agree, I wanted it to do better so I could take another look at Honda but it was underwhelming. Honda is going to miss the boat if they don’t step up.

J

JTW

Start at 21:30. Devils elbow! If you have never been, its f***ing badass. I wouldn't attempt to take my Pioneer down it, especially not up it. Anyone that compares a Pioneer to a krk is just a DICK or a DUMBASS. The only areas that a Pioneer will best a krk is it will carry 3 passengers, haul more s***, its quieter, and has the paddle shifters. The krk is definitely a tough rig. I've seen plenty of other videos, the krk breaking s***, where the polaris turbo s spanks its ass. Long term we will see. This will probably be my next rig, but please quit comparing it to a honda utility rig. If you SEND the krk like u sent the Pioneer, instead of pulling up easily and wincheing your rig the rest of the way up, I bet u would break s*** like u did in the Pioneer.
So you think those that bought the KRX haven’t been sending them harder than they did their pioneers?

Blownzuki

Blownzuki

Have you considered a KRX….NO!
Supporting Member
Jan 8, 2020
Northern Indiana
Ownership

1. Talon x4
I don’t know, I got to see a lot of the members from this sight with their p1000 doing obstacles with a load of people,trail gear or both do some wild stuff. The kids with the quads did it. Yes, I looked at the Krx. The wife said I needed a four seater instead. In one of those videos didn’t the krx break a ball joint?

Adam490

Adam490

HFA Grand High Wizard
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Apr 7, 2019
Covington, LA
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R LV
I don’t know, I got to see a lot of the members from this sight with their p1000 doing obstacles with a load of people,trail gear or both do some wild stuff. The kids with the quads did it. Yes, I looked at the Krx. The wife said I needed a four seater instead. In one of those videos didn’t the krx break a ball joint?
Probably an original steering knuckle. Kawi updated the part and sent the new updated part to anybody that bought the machine prior to the fix free of charge.

Blownzuki

Blownzuki

Supporting Member
Jan 8, 2020
Northern Indiana
Ownership

1. Talon x4
Probably an original steering knuckle. Kawi updated the part and sent the new updated part to anybody that bought the machine prior to the fix free of charge.

Blownzuki

Blownzuki

Supporting Member
Jan 8, 2020
Northern Indiana
Ownership

1. Talon x4
I didn’t know they had a recall on that. Thanks

Reactions: Adam490