Junior Moderator
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Apr 8, 2015
Smithfield, VA
Ownership

1. 700-4
Hey all you land owners!! how many acres do you own? how much of it do you use for SXS, ATV, Dirt bike riding? woods, fields or mix? tell me about your Play ground!! the reason I am asking is I am in the market and I am looking in to acreage but am unsure how much to buy or how much I need. Plus I thought this would be a fun topic!

M

Marine660

Club Contributor
Dec 12, 2015
Hey all you land owners!! how many acres do you own? how much of it do you use for SXS, ATV, Dirt bike riding? woods, fields or mix? tell me about your Play ground!! the reason I am asking is I am in the market and I am looking in to acreage but am unsure how much to buy or how much I need. Plus I thought this would be a fun topic!

200 acres...10 in field and rest woods.

Deltamud

Deltamud

Lifetime Member
Dec 3, 2015
Florence, MS
Ownership

1. 1000-5
2280 acres, about 45 acres in open ground everything else is in timber.

bobbyhill

bobbyhill

Pay to Play and I'm broke all around!
Junior Moderator
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Apr 8, 2015
Smithfield, VA
Ownership

1. 700-4
WOW! I guess the up side to that is you don't have to worry about making mud holes in the trail.
2280 acres, about 45 acres in open ground everything else is in timber.

Springer

Springer

Apr 2, 2014
Ours is a little smaller by comparison we have 20 acres. 3 is house and lawn, 5 is woods and swamp, and 12 is now leases by local farmer to grow hay. Great for deer hunting, though I do not hunt. My brother in law shot one this fall and said it was the best deer he had ever eaten because of all the corn, beans and hay growing around the area. I pulled it out of the swamp with the 700.

Reactions: bobbyhill
Deltamud

Deltamud

Lifetime Member
Dec 3, 2015
Florence, MS
Ownership

1. 1000-5
WOW! I guess the up side to that is you don't have to worry about making mud holes in the trail.
Mud holes not to bad but where ever there is one they get pretty sloppy in the winter time. 90% of the place is in the hills. Lots of trails/roads to travel. Got my pioneer 1000-5 Wednesday before Thanksgiving and I already have over 1k miles on it. Any no problems other than a rat liked one of the wires on the neutral indicator switch.

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
We've got 16 house is about ⅓ of the way to the back. Other than shop and small space for orchard its all woods.

scott

scott

Lifetime Member
May 16, 2014
lyman, South Carolina
4,100 we ride and hunt it all. Hunt year around. crops and all too. Mines all leased land tho.

Last edited:
bobbyhill

bobbyhill

Junior Moderator
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Apr 8, 2015
Smithfield, VA
Ownership

1. 700-4
Ours is a little smaller by comparison we have 20 acres. 3 is house and lawn, 5 is woods and swamp, and 12 is now leases by local farmer to grow hay. Great for deer hunting, though I do not hunt. My brother in law shot one this fall and said it was the best deer he had ever eaten because of all the corn, beans and hay growing around the area. I pulled it out of the swamp with the 700.
that sounds great! I love me some deer meat! 20 acres is about my price range where I am looking.

Reactions: ohanacreek
advertisement
Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
I only own 4. But family farm owns over 2000. Most fields/cattle.
Sad news is since the grandparents passed away its in the process of being split up. :(
[HASHTAG]#familyfeud[/HASHTAG]!

Tramguage1

Tramguage1

Texan
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 2, 2015
Somereset, Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
We have 12 ac. 3 for the house and yard. The rest open field for growing a little coastal hay. Property is 225' wide and about 3500 ' deep.house located 3000' from paved county road.

Reactions: bobbyhill
bobbyhill

bobbyhill

Junior Moderator
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Apr 8, 2015
Smithfield, VA
Ownership

1. 700-4
I only own 4. But family farm owns over 2000. Most fields/cattle.
Sad news is since the grandparents passed away its in the process of being split up. :(
[HASHTAG]#familyfeud[/HASHTAG]!
That is sad!! sounds like we need to all pitch in and make it the Hondasxs.com riding reserve!!

Tflynn

Tflynn

Not a liberal
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 12, 2015
Northern California
Ownership

1. 700-2
What will your primary use be for your land? Looking to farm, ranch, rent it out, or just make @bobbyhill's playground? Also, where are you looking to buy?

Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
20 acres of pasture, only 1 horse lol. Not much for riding except for occasional break in fence. I enjoy bushhogging it with my little fx24d Yanmar. I do have a trail following the power lines next to house that is some good riding. Really sticky mud and large rocks. Bad part is its pretty small. That's where I got her muddy for the 1st time.

N

Ned

May 12, 2015
West Kentucky
Ownership

1. 1000-5
130 with about 70% wooded. Just had it timbered (just largest trees) so I now have some great trails. Riding from one side to the other it is almost a mile straight line with about 4 to 5 miles of trails not including fields and perimeters. I heat with wood so my Honda is really a work machine. It sure pulls a trailer full of hickory and oak along with plenty of room in the back for equipment up some pretty impressive grades through mud or snow.

Reactions: joeymt33
swsebek

swsebek

Red,White And Blue Collar Soul
Lifetime Member
May 4, 2014
pa
Ownership

1. 700-4
Pay taxes on 10 acres,but have about 500 to my disposal from family farm and that is connected to 130 acres of land my company owns.25 acres up punxsy my camp sits on that is connected to 450 acres of my uncles farm.He has a 1000 hondawith full cab and a 825i gator full cab.Everyone else has poolaris.So most of the land is trail accessable.Im the only one that patrols it all year.We get a lot of Lost Folks and Amish who don't remember hunting season is over.Alot of the taxes are payed from farm lease and some of my cousins property is clean and green program.....Its nice to have different areas to go ride.I keep an army Moultrie cameras out all year to see whats going on when we are not there.Its a plus to ride areas where someone else pays the taxes.LOL

Gator

Gator

The Most Unknown Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 16, 2015
Louisiana
Ownership

1. 700-2
We have 12 ac. 3 for the house and yard. The rest open field for growing a little coastal hay. Property is 225' wide and about 3500 ' deep.house located 3000' from paved county road.

That is one big front yard

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!