BOX1

Calendar Last Ohio ride before the ODNR rolls up the trails for the year.

lee

lee

Village Idiot
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 4, 2013
Springfield Ohio
Ownership

1. 500
Lets do this again, one last ride before we have to mount the snow plows 2020!

Quick info:

What: informal one day ride in the middleish of Ohio.

Where: Riding at Perry state Forrest APV area (between Columbus and Zanesville sort of)

When: Saturday October 31st (beggers night).

The trails

Warning: to ride at Perry you must have Ohio state APV registration.
I usally like to be all organized and post links for pertinent inrormation but not tonight.
The state web site is impossible to navigate (they where hacked earlyer this year) and I worked late and I'm cranky.

The ride

This is supper casual run what you brung.
I'm not supper organized, I figured when a few people show up we will hit some trails.

Camping

Perry Back Woods Campground is next door.
I plan to camp Friday night then move my trailer over to the trail head.
You can ride from the camp to the trails.
No camping at the trail head.

When to ride

I plan to snag an area at the trail head, the area marked P on the map.
Not sure on a start time, post up when you think you will be there.
Look for a Honda banner hung on the ramp door of my box trailer.

Well, let me know what you think.

CMB

CMB

Lifetime Member
Nov 10, 2019
Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X LV
What's the width restrictions for there ?

Reactions: ProudDadOf5
YardDog

YardDog

Grumpy ol' fart
Lifetime Member
Feb 2, 2017
Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Wish I could make the ride. I'll be in Ohio a week to soon though and will be back in Arkansas by the time you guys hit the throttle. Anyone know of good trails around Athens County?

Reactions: ProudDadOf5
Ohio4x4

Ohio4x4

I brought the dishwasher
Lifetime Member
Aug 23, 2018
Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Wish I could make the ride. I'll be in Ohio a week to soon though and will be back in Arkansas by the time you guys hit the throttle. Anyone know of good trails around Athens County?
Damn I'll be on call the week you are hear. Otherwise I'd try to meet up with you and ride some. I'll let you know when it gets closer how things look.

DrShotgun

DrShotgun

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Apr 20, 2020
Southern Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
What size is you machine? If you are in a 500 hit the Wayne National Forest up there. If you are bigger check out Perry or Wellsville or tecumseh. Athens County Crawlers doesn’t have a ride that weekend theirs is the same weekend as this one.

YardDog

YardDog

Grumpy ol' fart
Lifetime Member
Feb 2, 2017
Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Damn I'll be on call the week you are hear. Otherwise I'd try to meet up with you and ride some. I'll let you know when it gets closer how things look.
It will be hit or miss no matter where I ride when I get there. My son and daughter in law usually have something planned.

YardDog

YardDog

Grumpy ol' fart
Lifetime Member
Feb 2, 2017
Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3
What size is you machine? If you are in a 500 hit the Wayne National Forest up there. If you are bigger check out Perry or Wellsville or tecumseh. Athens County Crawlers doesn’t have a ride that weekend theirs is the same weekend as this one.
I've got a 1000 so riding is limited on Ohio public land at best. Really wish ODNR would figure out they can make money if they opened Wayne to all sxs's year round and charge a daily fee like they do here. Hell, a horse tears up trails worse. Athens County was my stompin grounds thirty years ago. Back then spending tons of money to save a bug that wasn't in danger and kissing trees was the focus, don't appear it changed any. Don't get me wrong, I love southeast Ohio, just not the politics.

Last edited:
ProudDadOf5

ProudDadOf5

It all started with “Hold My Beer”
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jun 25, 2019
Winfield, WV
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Other Brand
Lets do this again, one last ride before we have to mount the snow plows 2020!

Quick info:

What: informal one day ride in the middleish of Ohio.

Where: Riding at Perry state Forrest APV area (between Columbus and Zanesville sort of)

When: Saturday October 31st (beggers night).

The trails

Warning: to ride at Perry you must have Ohio state APV registration.
I usally like to be all organized and post links for pertinent inrormation but not tonight.
The state web site is impossible to navigate (they where hacked earlyer this year) and I worked late and I'm cranky.

The ride

This is supper casual run what you brung.
I'm not supper organized, I figured when a few people show up we will hit some trails.

Camping

Perry Back Woods Campground is next door.
I plan to camp Friday night then move my trailer over to the trail head.
You can ride from the camp to the trails.
No camping at the trail head.

When to ride

I plan to snag an area at the trail head, the area marked P on the map.
Not sure on a start time, post up when you think you will be there.
Look for a Honda banner hung on the ramp door of my box trailer.
View attachment 228810

Well, let me know what you think.
Hope this helps.. 😉

For out of town riders like me (WV) please see below, we have to obtain a permit through the BMV.. I just need to find one close enough to the trails.. I'm confused from the State Forest rules and BMV rules (outlined in gray).. Does anyone know if I need to obtain a permit even though I have a valid registration and full coverage insurance? I tried calling the number and got no answer.. :confused:

View attachment 161771

View attachment 161773

Firemedic530

Firemedic530

Lifetime Member
Nov 3, 2017
West Jefferson, Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I have not seen any rangers at Perry this year. With Covid and the BMV lines and issues, they will not be enforcing the stickers through this year. Most BMV offices require an appointment or have long lines. With them not enforcing license plate renewals until after December 1, I would believe you could claim COVID for your APV tag and be fine.

lee

lee

Village Idiot
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 4, 2013
Springfield Ohio
Ownership

1. 500
Well, it looks like I have screwed this up.
I called the campground and they are telling me there is a enduro going on next weekend and Perry will be packed.
Not sure being a rolling road block will be fun.
The campground has been booked out for a while.

I'm thinking we should pull the plug.
Sorry guys, some one needs to put together a training packet for setting up rides.
Certainly outside of my wheel house.
On top of all this I have been working a little too much (10 till midnight on a Saturday and I just sent off my last e-mail).

So, Oct 31st ride at Perry is off.

ProudDadOf5

ProudDadOf5

It all started with “Hold My Beer”
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jun 25, 2019
Winfield, WV
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Other Brand
Well, it looks like I have screwed this up.
I called the campground and they are telling me there is a enduro going on next weekend and Perry will be packed.
Not sure being a rolling road block will be fun.
The campground has been booked out for a while.

I'm thinking we should pull the plug.
Sorry guys, some one needs to put together a training packet for setting up rides.
Certainly outside of my wheel house.
On top of all this I have been working a little too much (10 till midnight on a Saturday and I just sent off my last e-mail).

So, Oct 31st ride at Perry is off.
We’ll catch ya on the next ride Lee.. 💩 happens to the best of people.. Man, work is good but enjoy life along the way brother.. Thanks for the heads up.. 🤛🏼

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!