sugarray

sugarray

Is this a game show?
Lifetime Member
Feb 17, 2016
WV
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I installed a 42”, 240 watt Auxbeam light bar. When I flip the switch, it whines.

I have it hooked up using the factory wiring. It is grounded to the factory battery and the power pulled from 2nd battery at the + side of my fuse panel.

Thoughts?

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I installed a 42”, 240 watt Auxbeam light bar. When I flip the switch, it whines.

I have it hooked up using the factory wiring. It is grounded to the factory battery and the power pulled from 2nd battery at the + side of my fuse panel.

Thoughts?

Downside to the cheap Amazon lightbars the electronics are NOISY.

I had one on my 700 that was like that, probably a loose connection somewhere on the board.

sugarray

sugarray

Is this a game show?
Lifetime Member
Feb 17, 2016
WV
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Downside to the cheap Amazon lightbars the electronics are NOISY.

I had one on my 700 that was like that, probably a loose connection somewhere on the board.

@ohanacreek

So, what is not a "cheap Amazon lightbar"

sugarray

sugarray

Is this a game show?
Lifetime Member
Feb 17, 2016
WV
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Yeah, prices for those are unreal and unreasonable. The technology isn't that new and not worth that. But, to each their own. It's like the iPhone X I guess, but I use my phone everyday for work so my return on investment is very high.

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Eddies Baja designs on his new canam was $1800 *picks self up off floor from passing out*

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yea, but it's a very fast light!! I know from experience!

Reactions: JTW
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
The very high end units are better if you’re at 100 mph in the dunes or desert. Main differences are slightly better moisture protection and reflectors. Rigid reflectors will pump light out a little further and more focused but that’s just never a problem while trail riding, flood is always better then distance and if someone needs distance might as well go HID.
The cheaper units quite often overrate the lumans but can usually be figured out correctly base off of the fuse being used.
For those with deeper pockets or an absolute need for the best well... but for most of us as long as the lightbar has quality led burners (Cree Phillips Osram) they will work excellent for what we’re all trying to accomplish. Most of the mid and lower priced units are the same quality with different names.
We have been running heavy lighting for years and yet to have any noisy, dim, or actually fail however at 10% the cost for the cheaper bars a failure can be affordable and/or returned. Hell the lighting on our last few rigs alone would’ve ran upwards of 25-30k a peace as they were setup if Rigid lol.
Definitely not saying the heavy hitters are bad by any means here but to each their own for their own needs, that’s just my two cents.

Last edited:

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!