P1000 LED Lights in general

Manwell

Manwell

Lifetime Member
Jul 12, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I know that I'm going to add LED lights and will probably do a 20" curved bar on top of the OEM bumper bar and 4 pods, 2 in the front corners near the windshild and 2 off the rear ROPS bars. I'm seeing a huge swing in prices for these things... I don't mind spending the money for quality and really don't want any problems like "there's water inside my light".

Been doing some searching around and it looks like Black Oak is the cats meow, but ya pay. As I mentioned previously, I don't mind paying for quality and no hassles. The $200+ price spread for a 20" curved bar was a bit surprising. Anyone else already running Black Oak? Comments in general would be appreciated. Plan to place an order in the next several days and trying to work it all out in my mind first!

Thanks!

Reactions: Koda
joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
I haven't tried Black oak. But Mictuning on Amazon is cheap and they've been good for me.

Signature:

QUOTE by Sharp, Where's Don? He's probably spray painting stuff lmfao!

ghost

ghost

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2015
BC
I think you can get more output in a smaller package with some of the premium lights. I also found the DOT approved lights cost more.
I got a curved 32 Mictuning on amazon. Works fine - plenty of light.
No experience with the primo stuff - I would also like to hear from someone who has tried both.

Reactions: JTW and Tigermark
Manwell

Manwell

Lifetime Member
Jul 12, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I think you can get more output in a smaller package with some of the premium lights. I also found the DOT approved lights cost more.
I got a curved 32 Mictuning on amazon. Works fine - plenty of light.
No experience with the primo stuff - I would also like to hear from someone who has tried both.
Like you, I would like to hear from someone who has tried both as well. The IP69K rating and the Mil Spec breather are a couple features I like, plus the overall ruggedness. Pretty impressive in the durability area:

I've sent them a message with some questions and hope too have something figured out next week. I'm all for saving some bucks, don't get me wrong. But, I also want stuff thats going to last...

Reactions: CumminsPusher
Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I'm with Joey on the Amazon cheapies. I've got 2 pods in front and 2 in back. All 4 came in a package and were pretty cheap. I've had them for several months with zero problems. No water inside and I always use pressure washer. Light bar is one PioneerPete won at Takeover last year. Not sure of brand but it's holding up fine too. Quality isn't always expensive. And junk isn't always cheap.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
We've been buying the cheapos now for about 4 years I gave up buying the expensive units because they just don't seem much better. We've bought LOTS of led bars and never have a problem. Even if you did usually you could replace it 5-6 times for less money I wouldn't waist your money but that's just my opinion

Manwell

Manwell

Lifetime Member
Jul 12, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. 1000-5
One can drop some cash on these things, no doubt about all of that! I'm still considering my options and will spend some time this week looking around and reading. I appreciate the responses and opinions! Have to admit, I've never bought an LED light bar in my life!

Reactions: CumminsPusher
JimH1

JimH1

Sep 27, 2016
Duluth MN
Ownership

1. 1000-3
42" led on ebay 41bucks. 18 dollar wiring harness. and man does it light up the night

Unnamed

Manwell

Manwell

Lifetime Member
Jul 12, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I'm still looking and considering options and what I really want to do. I was thinking about a 20" curved double row on top of the bumper bar and might go "high end" for that one and then "lower end" for the cubes and other lights. My thought is that sticking it out there front and center (literally) it stands the greatest chance of taking a beating. The video I posted earlier from Black Oak is impressive... taking a bat to a light bar, several times over? They are located in Bradenton, FL and I will be down there in a couple of weeks on business. I spoke with them on the phone yesterday, might stop by and see what they are up to while I'm in the area.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!